View Poll Results: How do you deal with DTS Audio?
Re-encode to smaller phone-friendly format 26 14.94%
Old version of player that still has DTS support 65 37.36%
I don't watch mkv video on my phone 18 10.34%
Other 65 37.36%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

DTS Audio for android == LAWSUIT

OP zmore

9th February 2013, 06:53 PM   |  #91  
Flag Koog aan de Zaan
Thanks Meter: 107

379 posts
More
BSplayer Free does support DTS HW mode
18th February 2013, 12:13 AM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ypocat

DTS enabled ffmpeg for MX Player for Note II:

*LINK REMOVED*

Use H/W for video and S/W for audio.

Tested with MX Player Pro 1.7.7.

Should also work for Note v1, as well as for any other Cortex-A9 / Neon device.

EDIT: new here, just noticed this is in the S III section. Anyway, I was looking for a Note 2 solution and found this thread via Google, so hopefully this will help others like me.

Download the file; Winrar is giving me "file is corrupt" for a couple of the *.so files in the archive. Seems like this is the solution working for most people. Tried on two different machines and both give the 'file is corrupt' error on trying to unarchive.

Do you have a different link/archive?
26th February 2013, 12:01 PM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 6

86 posts
More
Ok guys.

Now we solve problem decoding DTS. Now another question. How to make DTS ot DD passthrough, so player like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-TV...item27d034855d will send dts sound through HDMI.

Final idea is to play DTS and DD (AC3) on home cinema sistems (5.1 recivers).
5th April 2013, 05:10 PM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmore

DTS audio *used* to work outofthebox in both DicePlayer (my old favorite), and in MX Player (my new fav), but both of them REMOVED the dts codec a few months ago apparently because of the threat of lawsuits from using unlicensed code.
(UPDATE: DicePlayer dev juami posted below that they were refused even the option to buy a license for DTS, because they prefer to deal with the big industry players instead; also, DicePlayer can still play dts IF you install an external codec plug-in)

Just curious what most people are doing out there in order to play their mkv videos with the very common DTS audio track (vs the less common AAC/MP3/etc audio tracks). Re-encoding phone-friendly versions with HandBrake; using an old app with DTS support; using a PAID app that paid the licensing fee (can't find one), or, something else...

EDIT: I'm going to keep a list here of players that are known to support DTS or not:

DTS IS SUPPORTED OTTB (for now):
VLC Beta - (h/w 1080p decode works! - BEST option, but, the app must be sideloaded, since it shows as incompatible with the US S3 in the Play store. See Time_Zone's post below for the attached VLC apk. Thanks!)
BS Player - (s/w ONLY (eats battery): h/w mode always falls back to s/w mode, but dts is ok. 720p s/w == ok; 1080p s/w == CPU can't keep up; too choppy)
Rock Player - (s/w ONLY (eats battery): no DTS when in h/w video playback mode, and s/w playback is blocky crap. Also, the app fails to playback a video when sent a video intent to play from another app)

DTS NOT SUPPORTED:
Video Player default - (Touchwiz, AOSP (CM10, AOKP, ...))
MX Player - (updated versions removed codec; google for old apk version)
Dice Player - (updated versions removed codec; google for old apk version (2.0.6), or try searching XDA for external plug-in support instead.)
Mobo Player

On my MK808 running finless 1.7:

- VLC buggy as hell, unsable;
- BS Player makes my unit restart, even with the ARMv7 support app installed;
- Rock Player Lite works like a charm, not sure if audio is 5.1 or not, I tend to think it is.
15th March 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #95  
Flag Nganjuk
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
ty
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread