How to ROOT Galaxy Note 10.1 3G/Wifi! [N8000/N8013/N8010]

Search This thread

sgndroid1

May 17, 2012
For me:)
Can't wait until I get mine tomorrow.
I would like to help with F&A questions and tips if you don't mind. Hopefully we won't have folks asking for the same questions over and over again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: scotthadkins

Niggy86

Jun 5, 2009
Hey,

very good work. But doesn’t works for me, because there is no German sales code in the CSC of the European Firmware. Is it posible to make a firmware, which includes the DBT sales code? There is a original French Firmware available on teamandroid which includes the western european codes.

Would it posible to make a rooted firmware based on this Version? This would be wonderful!

Many thanks,
Niggy

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Hey,

very good work. But doesn’t works for me, because there is no German sales code in the CSC of the European Firmware. Is it posible to make a firmware, which includes the DBT sales code? There is a original French Firmware available on teamandroid which includes the western european codes.

Would it posible to make a rooted firmware based on this Version? This would be wonderful!

Many thanks,
Niggy

Yes will work on that!

GaresTaylan

Jun 20, 2011
How do you do this using the easiest method? Theres no instructions, just a zip file.

Do I just boot into stock recovery and then flash SuperSU followed by CWM? Is it more involved than that? The zip file also includes Odin so do I need to work with that as well? I dont want to brick my device.

*Edit* Nevermind, my work was blocking the video.

Last edited:

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Yup, just did it on my Wifi version I got today. Flawless.

Awesome

I am confused why do u need 2 note 10.1? :confused:

Also How on earth can you spend that kinda money in a month :eek:

What was it 699 or more for the first one and 500 for the wifi one :eek::eek:

Also good to know when i get mine next week, I ordered my 32gb but wont arrive til next wed the earliest :victory:

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Hey zedomax: what are the bottom combinations to get into clockwork,Download mode, reboot, force power down, etc?

Just wondering what i will have to do if i ever get in a boot loop and have to take out the battery or odin?

Reactions: nomad153

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Hey zedomax: what are the bottom combinations to get into clockwork,Download mode, reboot, force power down, etc?

Just wondering what i will have to do if i ever get in a boot loop and have to take out the battery or odin?

Download Mode = Power + VDown for 20 secs
Recovery = Power + Vup until your screen goes off and note resets, then let go only of your power button.

;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please goto rootgalaxynote.com for details, sorry I had to delete my content here.
    Hi... I'm folowing the steps, but can't root my device. I'm using a CWM-SuperSU-v0.94 root metod. Device connects to Odin, i'm flashing the CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip with Odin, and I after I'm rebooting in recovery, I still see the stock revovery... What I do wrong? I'm folowing all the steps, watched the video, doing everything like in video.
    Device is
    Galaxy Note..........10.1
    Model Number.......GT-N8000
    Android Version.....4.1.2.
    Baseband version...N8000XXCLL1
    Kernel version........3.0.31 - 1446185
    ............................dpi@DELL234 # 1
    ............................SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 22 17:30:43 KST 2013
    Build number.........JZO54K.N8000XXCMJ2

Please Help

I've been facing this problem myself this week. I found another post about this issue, and followed it, though I can't find it again. But here are the steps
    1. Before you flash the recovery, uncheck "Auto Reboot" in Odin (or use the --no-reboot switch for heimdall).
    2. Once it's done flashing, reboot straight into recovery by holding the volume up (farthest from power) and the power button (all while the "download" screen is still up).
    3. Release the power button when the splash screen comes up, but continue holding the volume button.
    4. Release the volume button once the recovery comes up.
    I was told that when rebooting after from the first installation using Odin, the tablet recovers the stock recovery (overwriting the custom recovery).

This was very frustrating for me before I came across that post. I think I installed CMW or TWRP a total of 10 times before I found the fix.
    reserved

reserved
    I was successful in rooting the 10.1 (N8013), But i've noticed that when i use the CWM recovery, i have actually purchased a premium app to show support. When i reboots it goes into the android recovery. So with your initial instructions i did the CWM recovery mode from odin and reboot manually. So now if i want to do custom rom flashed i have to do it though odin as well? Can i use GOO app or the CWM paid app?

Much appreciate you input, i will be ever so great ful.

Sincerely,

Just follow the below steps :

if you are still getting the stock recovery 3e follow these steps :

1. When flashing CWM through odin untick the "Auto Reboot" option within Odin.
    2. Flash CWM.
    3. When done , press power & volume up ( the one apart from power button ) until the Samsung logo appears, then leave both buttons.
    4. CWM will appear.
    5. Choose "Reboot System now "
    6. You will get a new screen with an option mentioning something like " disable flash recovery , press it & reboot.
    7. Now if you get back to pressing power & volume up you will have a permanent CWM.

Then you can install root through CWM.:)
    For development, I need both so I can testing everything, I don't want to see people bricking their $500-600 tablets because I didn't test it first.