Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Trio Stealth Pro 7 & CM9

Tip us?

Goes1967
Old
(Last edited by Goes1967; 9th October 2012 at 08:37 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Default The Trio Stealth Pro 7 & CM9

I got this tablet sold by Mach speed technology for about $90.

Specifications:

Dimensions- W7.5” x H4.8” x D0.4”
Operating System- Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
CPU – A10 Cortex A8 1.2 GHz
GPU – Dual Mali-400 2D/3D core
RAM – 512MB DDR3
Flash storage – 4GB Internal
Display – 7 inch TFT LCD
Native Resolution – 800Χ480 pix
Expansion – Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB), Mini HDMI Socket
Wireless LAN – Realtek 8188 (mine is 8192 which made it work with ICS custom ROMs)
Video Output – HDMI Ver 1.4 output
Native video support – AVI(H.264), DIVX, XVID, RM, RMVB, MKV, WMV (non encrypted), MP4(H.264, MPEG, DIVX, XVID), MPEG, MPG, FLV. HD 1080P max.
Native Audio Support – MP3,WMA (non encrypted),MP2,OGG,M4A,MA4,FLAC,3GP,WAV
Battery – Li-Ion rechargeable, up to 6 hours playtime

There are no information online regarding this tablet and it is hard to know anything further about it. Technical support sucks, so I thought of sharing my experience here maybe will help others.

This tablet is an LY-F1 clone, and I was able to install custom recovery, as well as a CM9 based ROM on it, now this tablet is running very well for its value.
If you need further assistance I will be happy to help.
Li ink to the ROM HERE.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Goes1967 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rezz93
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks for the info. I have been thinking about getting something like that. This post got me more interested:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1821398

I've been trying to figure out if there's a way to make calls with one......Google Voice should work is the tablet has a mic.
Some say they support GSM and I'm on ATT. That's what I need to know about before I get a tablet.
It would seem impossible if there is no way to insert a SIM card in the tablet.....but I can still hope.

Goes1967
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezz93 View Post
Thanks for the info. I have been thinking about getting something like that. This post got me more interested:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1821398

I've been trying to figure out if there's a way to make calls with one......Google Voice should work is the tablet has a mic.
Some say they support GSM and I'm on ATT. That's what I need to know about before I get a tablet.
It would seem impossible if there is no way to insert a SIM card in the tablet.....but I can still hope.
I tried the CM10 ROM both previes 2 and 3, none of them worked on my tablet, this is why I don't mention it.
As for making phone calls using such a device, don't think it is a very good idea, the mic they have it on these devices must be of a much lower quality than the ones used on dedicated devices such as cell phones. I tied Skype and Google talk though and they were OK.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goes1967 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

diamond jinx
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
I just purchased mine today and would love some assistance because tablet needs a new Rom bad. Which custom recovery are you using? I tried using the original recovery and it just sits at the android with his chest open. Please lead me to the promise land.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
SOKP Milestone 2 (KK4.4.4.)
TWRP 2.7.0.1
HTC Rezound-->LG G2

Goes1967
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond jinx View Post
I just purchased mine today and would love some assistance because tablet needs a new Rom bad. Which custom recovery are you using? I tried using the original recovery and it just sits at the android with his chest open. Please lead me to the promise land.

First you need to flash CWM recovery from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp4ev9cnp7...%205%20ICS.zip, follow this instructions.
Then go to this thread and install CM9 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1760929
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goes1967 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

diamond jinx
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Thanks a lot. Got it going. If I have any questions I'll give you a shout.

TWRP 2.7.0.1
HTC Rezound-->LG G2

Goes1967
Old
(Last edited by Goes1967; 17th August 2012 at 02:13 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks a lot. Got it going. If I have any questions I'll give you a shout.

You are welcome, enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to Goes1967 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

diamond jinx
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Okay I went with the aokp Rom once I tried the cm9 Rom. Cm9 was freezing a lot. I tried aokp and used go launcher with it and this thing runs buttery smooth. I'm buying another one.

TWRP 2.7.0.1
HTC Rezound-->LG G2

Goes1967
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay I went with the aokp Rom once I tried the cm9 Rom. Cm9 was freezing a lot. I tried aokp and used go launcher with it and this thing runs buttery smooth. I'm buying another one.

Great news, now you know what you are doing)

kingofnada
Old
(Last edited by kingofnada; 19th August 2012 at 02:41 AM.) Reason: need to update
Thanks Meter 0
Default what happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goes1967 View Post
Great news, now you know what you are doing)
ok, i'm getting an error somewhere or a glitch did everything step by step but have no wifi? any ideas....i retraced my steps and tried both the lyf1 1.1 and lyf1 1.2 getting the same result, i'm missing something here just having trouble figuring out what it is, plus i made the sweet mistake of forgetting to make a backup of the stock ROM with CWM5 prior to switching Roms so I'm stuck here...does anyone have a backup saved? I'm feeling like a tool!!

Tags
android, mach speed technology, support, tablet