Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 41,949 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Trio Stealth Pro 7 & CM9

Tip us?

Goes1967
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisc View Post
I'm in the same boat as xtreme... I flashed to AOKP0708, installed gapps, then 1.2.0... soft keys and wifi weren't working so I rebooted into recovery again, installed the 3rd party cbw.zip...

I've tried a couple different versions of AOKP, and the Original LY-F1 firmware you posted (which was in Chinese/Japanese, that was a good time! :P haha), wifi didn't work on any of them.
You can easily change the language of the original LY-F1 from settings to English and you will be fine.
Now, as WIFI didn't work on any of the ROMs you tried, I think that it is not the software that is causing the problem, it will be either the WIFI on the tablet itself (hardware issue), or your router settings, I suggest taking your table to a public WIFI and give it a try and see what happens.

Goes1967
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabralela View Post
got pass gaap signature verification but now llyf1 1.2.0 zip gives same msg failed signature verification any suggestions

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

hey I didn't back up rom form allwinner tablet anyone have an link to it
I posted a link to an original LY-F1 firmware here, look for it. It is in Chinese, but you can change the language to English from the language settings first option on the right. If you ever need to re-flash it, you have to do it suing livesuite.

helium9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wifi Doesn't Return

Hey guys,

first of all, thanks for the people who are helping us "newbs" in getting our tablets set up, your posts have helped me very much in getting my tablet to CM9.

now to my issue, I have a Trio Stealth Pro 4.0 and it came rooted without Google Play, I sideloaded Google Play and subsequently installed CWM 5.5.
Afterwards, I installed CM9 and once it booted it up it was all good but I lacked Wifi and the soft keys. Using the LY F1 third party 1.2 zip got the soft keys to work but Wifi was still off.

At this point I read around the net and found a repository with LyF1 stock firm ware and proceeded to install the latest version (0.7.1) for board version (A710) and still lacked wifi. At this point I wondered if my wifi adapter had died in the transition from stock to CM9. I reverted to stock and Wifi still did not return.

At this point I managed to install the Gingerbread version of the LY F1 firmware and WIFI Is back! From here, I tried the firmware posted earlier based of ICS and WIFI has disappeared again.

Seems to be a driver issue.
What data can I provide to better resolve this problem. I just wanted CM0 working! Thanks in advance.

Goes1967
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by helium9 View Post
Hey guys,

first of all, thanks for the people who are helping us "newbs" in getting our tablets set up, your posts have helped me very much in getting my tablet to CM9.

now to my issue, I have a Trio Stealth Pro 4.0 and it came rooted without Google Play, I sideloaded Google Play and subsequently installed CWM 5.5.
Afterwards, I installed CM9 and once it booted it up it was all good but I lacked Wifi and the soft keys. Using the LY F1 third party 1.2 zip got the soft keys to work but Wifi was still off.

At this point I read around the net and found a repository with LyF1 stock firm ware and proceeded to install the latest version (0.7.1) for board version (A710) and still lacked wifi. At this point I wondered if my wifi adapter had died in the transition from stock to CM9. I reverted to stock and Wifi still did not return.

At this point I managed to install the Gingerbread version of the LY F1 firmware and WIFI Is back! From here, I tried the firmware posted earlier based of ICS and WIFI has disappeared again.

What data can I provide to better resolve this problem. I just wanted CM0 working! Thanks in advance.
I never had a problem with WIFI connection unless i put it on anything other than always enabled in its advance settings.
The problem with the WIFI connection as you said, is a driver issue, from what it seems based on your experience. If someone can crate a compatibility zip specifically for this tablet from its original firmware, this would solve all of the problems regarding this tablet.

Orionoya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wifi lost

Quote:
Hey guys,

Hello and thanks for the help. Iím in the same situation that you with my Trio Stealth 7 pro. I have installed CM9 and once it booted it up it was all good but I lost the Wifi too so I reverted to stock recovery image that I had created and Wifi still did not return. Iím thinking as well that is driver issue. How can I help to solve this problem? Thanks.

Goes1967
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionoya View Post
Hello and thanks for the help. Iím in the same situation that you with my Trio Stealth 7 pro. I have installed CM9 and once it booted it up it was all good but I lost the Wifi too so I reverted to stock recovery image that I had created and Wifi still did not return. Iím thinking as well that is driver issue. How can I help to solve this problem? Thanks.
This is strange, because if you reverted back to the stock image, the WIFI issue should have been solved, this also happened with another user and it was only solved with the Gingerbread version. It looks like the gingerbread version of the drivers are much better than the ICS ones.
As for how to compile a compatibility zip file for this tablet, I don't know how to do that, maybe if we ask Christian Troy, the guy who is providing CM9 will be able to tell us how to do so.

travisc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm in the exact same boat also! if someone could make a compatibility zip that'd be awesome!

jaylawery
Old
(Last edited by jaylawery; 29th August 2012 at 03:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default did your sound work when reverted to gingerbread?

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Did you lose sound when you reverted to gingerbread? I did the exact same thing as you but when on gingerbread I had no sound. If I go back to ICS I have sound but no WiFi.

I have some logcats of the WiFi turning on when it works, and when it doesn't if anyone is interested in seeing them. I hope we can get this figured out soon, I'm going to be flying a lot over the next year lol.

travisc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylawery View Post
[/COLOR]

Did you lose sound when you reverted to gingerbread? I did the exact same thing as you but when on gingerbread I had no sound. If I go back to ICS I have sound but no WiFi.

I have some logcats of the WiFi turning on when it works, and when it doesn't if anyone is interested in seeing them. I hope we can get this figured out soon, I'm going to be flying a lot over the next year lol.
Exactly the same for me.

Orionoya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisc View Post
Exactly the same for me.
Hi, what's the version of Gingerbread are you using? where can i download the files? i want to try to see what happen in my tablet. Thanks.

Tags
android, mach speed technology, support, tablet