Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Trio Stealth Pro 7 & CM9

Tip us?

dolorespark
Old
Thanks Meter 932

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
The only problem I have noticed is that graphics intensive applications such as games are crashing. Ruzzle complained that there was no support for OpenGL ES 2 or something like that.
My bad. I left this line out of /system/build.prop: ro.opengles.version=131072
Just add it back in. However, a word of warning: if you pull the file, edit it, then push it back be sure to chmod 644 /system/build.prop
If you don't, you'll get a boot loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmodee View Post
I have backed out all 4 files to the JB versions you supplied and wifi buttons and gsensor are all still good.
Great news! I don't know if it was the two hidden boot files or the new kernel. This ROM is definitely a mongrel: kernel and drivers from one JB ROM, Android proper from another, plus a few leftovers from Gingerbread. Sheesh!

Quote:
If I launch Google Search from main screen "G" icon or "Google" from Apps screen it restarts the Tablet. Also happens on Sound Recorder and Voice Search. (embedded googly functionality)
Yep, so I've discovered. This is what dmesg has to say when it doesn't cause a reboot:
<3>[ 269.434886] BUG: scheduling while atomic: AudioOut_2/275/0x00000004

This is followed by a backtrace of the call stack which I'll examine to see if I can track it down.

BTW... don't get too set-up with this ROM - there's still the final, perfect one yet to come.

malmostoso
Old
(Last edited by malmostoso; 23rd February 2013 at 09:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolorespark View Post
My bad. I left this line out of /system/build.prop: ro.opengles.version=131072
Just add it back in. However, a word of warning: if you pull the file, edit it, then push it back be sure to chmod 644 /system/build.prop
If you don't, you'll get a boot loop.
I replaced the 4 files and just like kevmodee I don't notice any regression, and the boot logo is fixed. Adding this line at the end of build.prop (I left an empty line afterwards, not sure it's important but sometimes it is) fixes the graphics as well, for what I could test.
I have tried the camera and with the camera app I can take pictures, I haven't tried skype.

Anything else needs to be checked?

EDIT: Another thing, not sure it's ROM related or dumbness related: I can't get rid of notifications, unless I click on them. On GB I would open the notification pane, click on "clear" and they were all gone. Here there's no such thing. How do I do that? --> Swipe them to the side, duh.

EDIT2: Found something that doesn't work: the hardware volume buttons.

dolorespark
Old
(Last edited by dolorespark; 23rd February 2013 at 06:52 PM.) Reason: Added P.S.
Thanks Meter 932

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I replaced the 4 files and just like kevmodee I don't notice any regression [...]
Anything else needs to be checked?
Now that you have the standard boot files back in place, can you get into CWM using Vol+/Power? If it doesn't work on the first try and just boots normally, wait until it has completed startup, then press and hold the power button until it goes off - IGNORE the shutdown popup. Now retry with the buttons.

Quote:
Found something that doesn't work: the hardware volume buttons.
Hmmm... they didn't work for me until I changed script.bin, so I guess our layouts are different (surprise!). On most ROMs, the physical buttons are mapped to functions by a file in /system/usr/keylayout - but not this one. You can probably fix it yourself using fexc. Get it from the same URL as the ROM, put it somewhere in your PATH (e.g. ~/bin), then create two symlinks to it named fex2bin and bin2fex. If you use the links you don't have to specify the input and output formats.

Next, mount nanda (as you've done before), pull script.bin, then run this command:
Code:
bin2fex script.bin script.fex
Open the file, go to the bottom, then scroll up a page or two until you encounter [key_map]. Below it you should see something like 115,114,0,0,0,0,0 (I'm at work and doing this from memory, so my description may be slightly inaccurate). "115" and "114" are the values for the Volume keys, and are unlikely to be incorrect - however, their position in this array may be wrong.

Before you change anything, confirm that neither button works. If so, add 0,0, to the beginning of the array. If one does work (probably incorrectly), just add a single 0,. Assuming neither works, the result would be 0,0,115,114,0,0,0,0,0. You may want to remove the last 2 zeros from the array so that it remains the same length (I don't know if this is necessary).

Save the file, then run this command:
Code:
fex2bin script.fex script.bin
Finally, push the file back twice: once as script.bin and once as script0.bin, then reboot.

Since you've done similar stuff before, I've omitted many of the intermediate steps like mounting & unmounting nanda, making backups of everything, etc. Scan my previous posts for the specific commands to do all this.

Please let me know what works (if anything).

Edit: P.S. When you get into CWM (either via the buttons or via the Reboot app I included, see if the Volume buttons work there to change the selection. If they do, select the Advanced option, then key test. As you push each button, it will display its value. The Volume buttons should be 114 and 115, and Power should be 116. If the Vol buttons have different values, substitute those values in the instructions above. Unfortunately, the tablet lacks a physical Back button, so the only way out of this is to force the power off.

kevmodee
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

Edit: P.S. When you get into CWM (either via the buttons or via the Reboot app I included, see if the Volume buttons work there to change the selection. If they do, select the Advanced option, then key test. As you push each button, it will display its value. The Volume buttons should be 114 and 115, and Power should be 116. If the Vol buttons have different values, substitute those values in the instructions above. Unfortunately, the tablet lacks a physical Back button, so the only way out of this is to force the power off.
I cannot get into revory with hardware vol and power - and I have had lots of practice so I did the key test.

power = 116 - and selects in CWM
vol - = 158 and navigates down options in CWM
vol+ = 217 and backs out of CWM options like a back button

I may try to adjust the key array as you instructed.

malmostoso
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
You can probably fix it yourself using fexc.
I tried downloading fexc but I can't seem to get it. Could you try including it in a zip? Also, is it compiled for 32-bit linux? If not I can compile it myself if you pass on the source code.

Quote:
I did this, here is the result:

- Vol (-) is button 217
- Vol (+) is button 158

dolorespark
Old
Thanks Meter 932

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I cannot get into revory with hardware vol and power - and I have had lots of practice so I did the key test.

power = 116 - and selects in CWM
vol - = 158 and navigates down options in CWM
vol+ = 217 and backs out of CWM options like a back button

I may try to adjust the key array as you instructed.
I guess I should have expected that they'd be completely different (on many tabs, 158 is the Back button). In that case, replace "115,114" with "158,217," (or perhaps, "217,158," - dunno) but leave them in the first and second positions in the array.

BTW... the CWM in my ROM uses a different kernel than when booted normally - I don't think it uses [key_map] so these changes probably won't affect it. After I get all the details correct for a normal boot, I plan to look into customizing CWM in the hope of getting the capacitive buttons to work.

Quote:
I tried downloading fexc but I can't seem to get it. Could you try including it in a zip? Also, is it compiled for 32-bit linux? If not I can compile it myself if you pass on the source code.
What happens when you try? Does it just display the binary? For your future reference, you can use the "File" menu on the page and select the "Download" entry. However, that won't help you here because this is a 64-bit binary. To build it yourself, start with this page Sunxi-tools - at the bottom is a link to their respository at GitHub with the source code.

malmostoso
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
What happens when you try? Does it just display the binary? For your future reference, you can use the "File" menu on the page and select the "Download" entry. However, that won't help you here because this is a 64-bit binary. To build it yourself, start with this page Sunxi-tools - at the bottom is a link to their respository at GitHub with the source code.
Yeah I tried to compile it myself but it fails in a flurry of errors at linking time
Code:
jack@nostromo:~/Desktop/tablet/fex/sunxi-tools$ gcc -std=gnu99 -o fexc fexc.c 
/tmp/ccmYT5DG.o: In function `script_parse':
fexc.c:(.text+0x255): undefined reference to `script_parse_fex'
fexc.c:(.text+0x418): undefined reference to `script_decompile_bin'
/tmp/ccmYT5DG.o: In function `script_generate':
fexc.c:(.text+0x5d3): undefined reference to `script_bin_size'
fexc.c:(.text+0x64f): undefined reference to `script_generate_bin'
/tmp/ccmYT5DG.o: In function `main':
fexc.c:(.text+0xac7): undefined reference to `script_new'
fexc.c:(.text+0xb34): undefined reference to `script_delete'
/tmp/ccmYT5DG.o:(.data+0x10): undefined reference to `script_generate_fex'
/tmp/ccmYT5DG.o:(.data+0x18): undefined reference to `script_generate_uboot'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
I am not too sure if I can fix it.
I also tried the online bin2fex converter but that failed too. So long story short, if you could prepare a new script.bin for me to test it would be great.
Please note that kevmodee and I have reported opposite volume + and - buttons. I have just rechecked and I am sure mine are correct, that is:

- Volume - is 217
- Volume + is 158

And as he reported, Volume + acts as back button, Volume - navigates and power selects.
Thanks!

kevmodee
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: The Trio Stealth Pro 7 & CM9

Quote:
Please note that kevmodee and I have reported opposite volume + and - buttons. I have just rechecked and I am sure mine are correct, that is:

- Volume - is 217
- Volume + is 158

And as he reported, Volume + acts as back button, Volume - navigates and power selects.
Thanks!
Mine are this way too. I just tested again. I posted them wrong last time.

Sent from my SoftwinerEvb using xda app-developers app

dolorespark
Old
Thanks Meter 932

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
if you could prepare a new script.bin for me to test it would be great.
Certainly - look for it tomorrow (CET) or later tonight (PST)

Quote:
Sent from my SoftwinerEvb [...]
That's pretty sad - it might as well say "Sent from my cheap Chinese clone...". I'll change it.

dolorespark
Old
(Last edited by dolorespark; 28th February 2013 at 05:54 AM.) Reason: removed URL for deleted file
Thanks Meter 932

DONATE TO ME
@kevmodee, @malmostoso

I've posted script.bin-mma7660 here[edit: file deleted]. I also posted sys_config1.fex-mma7660 there so you can look at the source. Most of it will be Greek but you'll see that there are headings like [ctp_para] and [gsensor_para] with the parameters for those pieces of hardware. Toward the bottom is [key_map] which I just modified. FYI... over on SlateDroid in the A10 forum, someone posted a pre-compiled, 32-bit (I think) copy of fexc. Someone also posted a Windows version, but sadly, the link is dead.

Edit: forgot to mention that beside fixing the h/w volume keys, this may also enable you to get into CWM using Power & Vol+. Let me know if it does.

Tags
android, mach speed technology, support, tablet