Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [UPDATE-1/28/2013] AtrixBatteryFix 0.40

Tip us?

ravilov
Old
(Last edited by ravilov; 3rd October 2013 at 10:02 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,318

DONATE TO ME
Battery Full [APP] [UPDATE-1/28/2013] AtrixBatteryFix 0.40

[UPDATE] Version 0.40 is out.

Recent changes:
  • added the uptime monitor
  • renamed "battery monitor" to "system monitor"
  • minor cleanup to make it more compatible with the newer SDK's lint checks
  • other changes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[UPDATE] Version 0.36 is out.

Recent changes:
  • version bump with minor cosmetic changes
This is just a minor maintenance release, no need to upgrade if your 0.35-beta1 is working well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[UPDATE] Version 0.35-beta1 is out.

Recent changes:
  • improved the monitoring service
  • added a new option - Only if <100% (will only run the auto-action (reboot or restart service) if the battery reports less than 100% when done charging)
  • improved the "battery full" detection code, should work better now
  • other fixes and improvements
Also had to delete some old versions since I hit the 20-attachments-per-post limit.

EDIT: Just realized I uploaded the wrong screenshot. :doh: Corrected.

[UPDATE] Version 0.31-beta1 is out.

Recent changes:
  • hopefully fixed the constant "superuser auth" issue on CM10

[UPDATE] Version 0.30-beta1 is out.

Quote:
NOTE: Due to the significant changes in the settings/preferences part, please uninstall any previous version before installing this one. Thank you.

Recent changes:
  • re-added deleting batterystats.bin as an option (off by default)
  • moved all preferences to the settings screen
  • added an option to turn charging on or off, and also an option to automatically turn charging off when USB power detected
  • added some heuristics to determine when the battery is done charging (if the voltage does not change within 30 minutes, the battery is considered to be done charging) - hopefully this works
  • bugfixes, general code cleanup
Since new features were added and a significant chunk of the code has been rewritten, this is now considered beta.
This version also makes sure to be as non-intrusive as possible - nothing will happen automatically by default, you need to initiate any actions.

[UPDATE] Version 0.21 is out.

Recent changes:
  • disabled removing the batterystats.bin file - it seems to have only caused problems with not a lot benefit. WARNING: if you're coming from an earlier version, you need to wipe app data for this to work!
  • changed defaults - now the app won't run the fix automatically when power detected by default, this should make the app completely non-intrusive by default.

[UPDATE] Version 0.20 is out.

Recent changes:
  • added an option to restart the battd service instead of a full reboot - seems to work but this should be considered a beta feature
  • moved some options to a separate settings screen
  • cleanup here and there
Also cleaned up the attachments to this post.

[UPDATE] Version 0.16 is out.

Recent changes:
  • better handling of missing or invalid datadir

[UPDATE] Version 0.15 is out.

Recent changes:
  • about box is now shown on first run
  • rearranged and cleaned up the about text, added the donate link (which hopefully works)
  • fix for busybox that has the ash applet instead of sh
  • busybox is no longer required, will try to use system shell if busybox is not found
  • fixed a progress dialog issue upon screen rotation
  • uploaded source code to github

[UPDATE] Version 0.1 FINAL is out.

Recent changes:
  • mostly just cosmetic changes

[UPDATE] Version 0.1-beta4 is out.

Recent changes:
  • instead of running hardcoded shell commands, now runs external shell scripts in the app's datadir (so you can modify the scripts to your own liking)
  • all shell commands/scripts are now executed through busybox instead of default system shell (so busybox is now required)
  • separated fixing the battd datafiles (which is normally needed every so often) from fixing battd permissions and ownership (which should be needed only once)
  • cleanup and other improvements

[UPDATE] Version 0.1-beta3 is out.

Recent changes:
  • run fix and recalibration right before auto-reboot too, just in case

[UPDATE] Version 0.1-beta2 is out.

Recent changes:
  • added deleting batterystats.bin
  • added fixing ownership and permissions of battd and friends
  • cleaned up the "about" and "licence" texts
  • possibly other fixes and improvements I forgot about

[UPDATE] Version 0.1-beta1 is out.

Recent changes:
  • hopefully fixed the reboot-when-charged issue

[UPDATE] Version 0.1-alpha3 is out.

Recent changes:
  • fixed some bugs that caused issues on ICS and newer
  • cleaned up the checkbox logic
  • slightly improved the UI
  • other minor fixes and improvements
Many of the issues (namely, "null" errors) should now hopefully be gone.

[UPDATE] Version 0.1-alpha2 is out.

Changes include:
  • (hopefully) fixed su and other issues
  • added option to reboot the phone when it's done charging (hopefully that actually works )
  • added real-time battery monitor
  • general cleanup
  • other things I forgot
Many issues should now be fixed, but this is still considered alpha-quality software, so be warned.

So...

Like many other people, I too am affected by the dreaded "won't charge beyond xx%" battery bug. I know in reality this is probably of little importance since (at least in my case) the battery is getting decent charge and lasts long enough anyway. But I would still like to see it fully charged, at least every so often.

So I did the procedure mentioned in this thread and it worked, but only once - the bug would appear again on the next charge cycle. Then I found this post and tried that too, and it also worked but also only once. So I decided to make this little app.

What the app does is, upon getting notified that the charger has been connected, it will automatically delete files in /data/battd (all except uid - namely cc_data, cc_data_old and powerup). Then all you have to do is wait for the battery to charge as far as it goes and then reboot (and then possibly charge a little more). That's it!
NOTE 1: Obviously for the app to work correctly your phone needs to be rooted.
NOTE 2: This app will not increase your battery life or change it in any way, shape or form. All it does is attempt to fix the percentage display.

Now admittedly, it can get annoying if you connect your phone to the computer just to transfer some files and the app gets triggered anyway because it detected charging. That's why the auto-triggering can also be disabled in the app. You can also leave it permanently disabled and just use the "force calibration" button to calibrate your battery only when you feel like it.

Anyway, I hope the app will be useful at least to some. The app should work on all rooted GB ROMs and possibly on ICS and JB too.

NOTE: this the initial release of the app, and is also my 3rd (if I'm counting them right) Android app as of yet. So be warned, this app is currently alpha-quality. Standard disclaimers apply, although I don't see how it could do any damage.

XDA:DevDB thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2468689
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1349643334176.png
Views:	9766
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1383843   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1349643438153.png
Views:	7775
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1383844   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1349643346796.png
Views:	7235
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1383845   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20121031-115253.png
Views:	6105
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	1445545   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20121116-174530.png
Views:	4816
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1487645  

Attached Files
File Type: apk AtrixBatteryFix-0.1-alpha1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (22.4 KB, 268 views)
File Type: apk AtrixBatteryFix-0.21.apk - [Click for QR Code] (45.2 KB, 1623 views)
File Type: apk AtrixBatteryFix-0.30-beta1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (55.9 KB, 909 views)
File Type: apk AtrixBatteryFix-0.31-beta1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (59.9 KB, 842 views)
File Type: apk AtrixBatteryFix-0.35-beta1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (61.7 KB, 3681 views)
File Type: apk AtrixBatteryFix-0.36.apk - [Click for QR Code] (61.9 KB, 882 views)
File Type: apk AtrixBatteryFix-0.40.apk - [Click for QR Code] (62.8 KB, 12927 views)
The Following 102 Users Say Thank You to ravilov For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

huatz84
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Nice app. Seems simple but useful to all of us. Thanks,ravilov..
Using :
- Motorola Photon Q Sprint XT897c..
- Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Verizon XT926
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to huatz84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

john9
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 269
It's fantastic, thanks man.
The Following User Says Thank You to john9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fabianowerner
Old
Thanks Meter 68
ne1 tried this? does it work or is it placebo, cos my atrix wont pass thru 98% even when i have 4200mh of charge. but i tried Die Hard Calibration from zeppelinrox (same builder of V6 Supercharger) and had several issues on CM7, like wont charge when turned off. I had to flash another rom, Im afraid of having this issues again.
Motorola L6 / Motorola L7 / Motorola V3 / Motorola Defy MB525 (jordan) / Motorola Atrix 4G (olympus) / Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc LT15a (anzu) / Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) / Now on: Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
The Following User Says Thank You to fabianowerner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bimasakti85
Old
Thanks Meter 69
I got error. Its says "error recallobrating battery (null)". I wonder if it is because the app doesn't have root privilege, coz I dont get the requesting root prompt from superuser.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to bimasakti85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xateeq
Old
Thanks Meter 149
This app will only get ur xx% values back to 100% or 99% without u having to delete any thing manually or pulling the battery. Correct me if i am wrong and thanks for the app ill sure try this.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

ravilov
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,318

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimasakti85 View Post
I got error. Its says "error recallobrating battery (null)". I wonder if it is because the app doesn't have root privilege, coz I dont get the requesting root prompt from superuser.
If you don't get the prompt, the app is not getting required permissions and so it can't work.
Which ROM are you using? Can you go to terminal emulator on the phone and run
Code:
which su
and tell me what it says?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xateeq View Post
This app will only get ur xx% values back to 100% or 99% without u having to delete any thing manually or pulling the battery. Correct me if i am wrong and thanks for the app ill sure try this.
Correct. It just makes it easier to apply the fix mentioned in the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to ravilov For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Soldier-2Point0 Old
(Last edited by Soldier-2Point0; 14th August 2012 at 04:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Wow, someone finally made this process easier! I had to do this every time I woke up in the morning using Root Browser. It only saves me maybe 30 seconds, but those 30 seconds it saves add up! Thanks bud.!

OP, add an auto reboot selection box that is triggered when the phone fully charged.

Sent from my MB860 on CM10

natboy
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravilov View Post
If you don't get the prompt, the app is not getting required permissions and so it can't work.
Which ROM are you using? Can you go to terminal emulator on the phone and run
Code:
which su
and tell me what it says?

Correct. It just makes it easier to apply the fix mentioned in the OP.
I'm getting the null error as well, I'm currently using SuperSu and my su is in /system/xbin/su

Thanks for the app, excited for it to work

nh777
Old
(Last edited by nh777; 14th August 2012 at 06:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier-2Point0 View Post
Wow, someone finally made this process easier! I had to do this every time I woke up in the morning using Root Browser. It only saves me maybe 30 seconds, but those 30 seconds it saves add up! Thanks bud.!

Sent from my MB860 on CM10
And here I thought it was just me.

Could have used this app this morning myself. I'll check it out and report back.

Edit: Or I would if I wasn't, too, getting an error recalibrating message. I'm running epinter's CM10, and terminal emulator tells me "/system/sbin/su"

The Following User Says Thank You to nh777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]