[Kernel/Recovery/ROM][P75XX] A1 Kernel V1.9/TWRP18.104.22.168/AOKP July 19
First of all
Thank you for your patronage!!!
Before you do anything
: This is purely at your own risk and I will not be responsible for anything that happens to your tablet. I flashed it on mine at my own risk.
There are 2 different versions. 1 for stock and 1 for Cyanogenmod. Even though the kernels are intended for the 3G tablet it will work just fine on a WiFi only tablet (like mine). This makes the build process less messy.
Fully documented v1.9 beginner friendly sources now available including the build script. If more explanations are required, please say so. However, remember that the explanations are not intended to be a blind step by step instructions of going from samsung source to A1.
: Please read:
do not worry about any kind of "E:A: Render Error". This is a side effect of removing some image files to save place on the recovery image so it will fit on the 5MB. The error simply means it failed to show (render) and image file that it is looking for. This is not harmful at all. If you can't flash the recovery please try the dd method
I have discontinued the tablet mod weekly builds since I discovered that AOKP does a much better job at bringing an Android 4.2 true tablet UI. I make weekly builds of that for my own purpose. Credits to the InfamousAOKP developer for giving me pointers at compiling AOKP. Please flash the A1 kernel straight after flashing the rom zip in sequence through the recovery. I have it setup to use an age old pershoot kernel as a filler currently. I have never booted the stock rom zip without A1 so I will not answer questions if the rom refuses to boot with the kernel supplied. Sources are nearly identical to the original aokp and I use the InfamousAOKP dev's device and vendor tree with very slight modifications. AOKP code modifications are the bare minimum to get a successful compile. As no changes bring features or fix bugs or bring anything significant I will gladly list them out if you email me. I just don't want to keep up a list of compile fixes on the front page as most people probably don't care.
Here's the July 19th weekly
Forum member hanspampel still makes weekly tablet ui modifications for CM10.1 so please check out the CM10.1 discussion thread and look out for his posts if you wish to continue using CM10.1 with tablet UI. I personally like AOKP's solution where I can actually get the android 4.2 tiles and customize them.
- Voodoo sound <-- new to version 1.0
- USB charging enabled as well as charging from other chargers *** fixed V1.5.4 thanks to pershoot
- Overclock to 1.2GHz <-- new to version 1.2
- NTFS modules enabled, ondemand default frequency scaler, noop default disk io scheduler <-- new to version 1.2.1
- GPU overclock from 333MHz to 400MHz. <-- new to version 1.3
- Overclock to 1.4GHz <--new to version 1.4
- Support for Current Widget <-- new to version 1.5
- CIFS enabled in kernel config, 1.4GHz attempted stability fix (thanks to jaswinky) <--new to version 1.5.2
- Wifi driver compiled as module <--new to V1.5.3
- More voltage anomalies fixed, updated battery driver to pershoot's 3.1 <-- new to V1.5.4 and V1.5.5XE
- Fixed charging boot bug <--new to V1.5.6SE
- (In case you were wondering 1.5.7 had an issue in it.)
- Disabled frequency lock, added 1GHz default max (you can change it to 1.2GHz or 1.4GHz after boot), 216MHz default min CazeW's suggestion <--new to 1.5.8SE+XE
- Enabled pershoot build/vfp optimization commit, added 150MHz minimum frequency <-- new to 1.5.9SE+XE
- Boot script support (put yours as /data/local/a1init.sh) <-- new to V2.0
- Smarter ram disk that only initializes 3G on 3G tablets<-- new to V2.1
- 1.5GHz && 1.6GHz OC available, cifs utf8 kernel module available <-- new to V2.2
- Support for CM9 <-- new to V2.2CM
- Enabled xbox controller module as xpad.ko <--new to V2.2.1
- NTFS moved to kernel module instead of built in, CIFS moved to kernel module instead of built in, enabled option.ko and usb_wwan.ko for connection of 3G dongle, all nls charsets/codepages built as modules <--new to V2.2.2
- V1.6.3 is pretty much V2.2.2 but without my custom ram disk. I've also tried a boot script method proposed by Toldo but haven't had time to test it yet. Please flash the CM9 stock kernel or Samsung stock kernel before trying V1.6.3.
- Applied git patch to disable mmc_cap_erase <-- new to V1.6.4
- Voltage control, cifs built in again <-- new to V1.7
- Galaxy Tab 8.9 specific fix <--new to V1.7.1
- Cyanogenmod charging mode fix <--new to V1.7.2
- Galaxy Tab 8.9 specific feature <--new to V1.7.3
- CM10 compatibility fix, enabled Samsung's powersaving governor <--new to V1.7.4
- followed pershoot's "-defconfig: jb: unset TEGRA_CONVSERVATIVE_GOV_ON_EARLYSUPSEND" change to fix odd 450MHz capping issue <--new to V1.7.4b
- Copied in pershoot's keyboard dock driver <--new to V1.7.5
- 801MB RAM enabled <-- new to V1.8
Rebased on pershoot's November 17 source <--new to V1.8.1
- Back to samsung base, follow pershoot's suggestion of Nexus7 mtp drivers to fix mtp, enabled zRam <--new to V1.8.2
- Reduced RAM to 785MB to prevent intense 3D games issue, enabled KSM (check in settings --> performance --> memory management)
- (CM Version only) works on CM10.1 <--new to V1.8.4
- Incorporated touchscreen death fix. Thank the user who reported it. <-- new to V1.8.5
- Used part of pershoot's kernel config to get data usage working in CM <--new to V1.8.6
- Added CM's version of the ROW (read over write) disk IO scheduler for GT-I9300<-- new to V1.8.7
- Added XDA's grzwolf's solution to the hsic wakeclock problem <--new to V1.8.8
- Added frandom kernel module <-- new to V1.9
Supercurio: voodoo sound
Pershoot: voodoo port, usb charging, flashable zip, OC template, current widget setup
XDA forum's CazeW: used your replace suggestions to patch up wm8994_voodoo.c and wm8994_voodoo.h so it will compile properly, and finding the missing link for 1.4GHz OC, and disabling frequency locks
Task650: providing a nice, clean deodexed rom for me to try this on
XDA forum's RaymanFx: OC instructions
Me: GPU OC
XDA forum's jaswinky for valuable hints and checking my work over.
Xoom ICS kernel: for getting an approximate idea of voltages
(If I missed any credits, please forgive me as this is my first attempt at any kind of development)
XDA forum's motley for voltage control
XDA forum's Unknownzd for mmc_cap_erase patch
XDA's grzwolf for the hsic wakelock fix
Sony Tablet Z: (given to mom)
Galaxy S3 I9300:
Omni4.4.1; Devil Kernel 2; TWRP
Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi: MY CM10.2 nightly
/Omni4.4.1 Test; MY A1 Kernel
V1.9.1; TWRP 22.214.171.124
Galaxy S I9000M: (given to mom)
"It's the assumptions that kill you."
"All the gadgets in the world aren't as much fun as good friends."