Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,257 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How-To] All-In-One Guide For Asus Infinity (TF700) [25/03/2013]

Tip us?

Pretoriano80
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1489

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenadh View Post
If you root, will you still be able to receive OTA updates?
Yes, afaik you can receive ota updates even if you are rooted.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

wizardofkoz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Asus tf700 not rooting

First I am not a noob. Rooted many phones. First Tab. Followed instructions to the T. Device will not load drivers when in recovery. What am I doing wrong.

Pretoriano80
Old
Thanks Meter 1489

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofkoz View Post
First I am not a noob. Rooted many phones. First Tab. Followed instructions to the T. Device will not load drivers when in recovery. What am I doing wrong.
I came across this issue once and you need to manually install the ADB drivers from Windows Device Manager. Btw why do you need ADB in recovery mode?

wizardofkoz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
When I hold down the power and volume down for 5 secs this is where I end up. With an Android on his back with a triangle with an ! in it.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

ADB drivers are loaded. RootDebug tool says I need to load drivers. What else?

Pretoriano80
Old
Thanks Meter 1489

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofkoz View Post
When I hold down the power and volume down for 5 secs this is where I end up. With an Android on his back with a triangle with an ! in it.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

ADB drivers are loaded. RootDebug tool says I need to load drivers. What else?
I don't know why you are trying to root in recovery mode, for rooting you have to start the tablet in normal mode with adb debugging and unknown sources enabled, that's all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pretoriano80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wizardofkoz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Got it. The first thread I read said to hold down power and volume down button and then run rootdebug tool. Then I tried without doing that and it still did not work. Tried running the tool with administrator privileges and still did not work. Deleted drivers from the computer through the device manager and started over. Ran the tool again and it finally worked. Don't really know why it didn't work the first 10 times, but finally it loaded and ran. Now I am rooted. THanks.

Vo01985
Old
Thanks Meter 7
So rooting the device does not void warranty but unlocking the bootloader does? I thought the main purpose of rooting phones/tablets was to install custom ROMs, like I did with my smartphone.
I'm such a noob

esoxx
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretoriano80 View Post
I don't know why you are trying to root in recovery mode, for rooting you have to start the tablet in normal mode with adb debugging and unknown sources enabled, that's all.

This is not clear from reading #6 in the OP:

Quote:
6) Open the TF700 Rooting folder and run RootDebugfs.bat (right click --> Run As Administrator Start the tablet by pressing Volume Down and POWER togheter for 5 seconds ,a message will inform you that you have 5 seconds to enter the recovery,press Volume UP before the 5 seconds expire.
At this point the device will go in recovery and should start updating your firmware .
No harm though, after a re-boot it worked like a charm. Thanks guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to esoxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pretoriano80
Old
Thanks Meter 1489

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
This is not clear from reading #6 in the OP:

No harm though, after a re-boot it worked like a charm. Thanks guys!
Your are right that part shouldn't be there and i don't know how it got there. I already had to restore half of the content in OP because has disappeared and i still don't know how (but i have a backup of this guide on my pc so restoring was easy) that could happen.
Anyway thx for pointing that (that part is valid but for a restore with stock recovery) i will remove that part asap.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pretoriano80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3rdamention
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Thanks so much for the guide. I was using the LCD Density App and that thing jacked my Infinity up big time. I will never use that application again. It wanted SuperUser clearance to save the Pixel Density, then when I checked Save & Reboot, my Infinity never turned on again. It just got stuck at the ASUS screen and wouldn't turn off. If I tried to power down, it just turned back on and stuck at the first Asus Screen.

I used the following directions and was able to get back to stock firmware.
Thank god.

*** Factory Restore after a softbrick ***

When You Need This?
* if you get stuck on Asus boot screen (the one with the spinning wheel)
Note: You need to have a working recovery (stock or custom) in order to use this method.

========= Recover with stock recovery =========

1) Download the latest firmware from Asus site (based os your SKU,eg. ww 9.4.5.26)
2) Extract the .zip file somewere on your desktop (the result will be another .zip file,use it for step 3)
3) Rename the extracted archive to "EP201_768_SDUPDATE" (without the " ") and upload it to a MicroSD card
4) Insert the MicroSD card in your tablet and use this button combination to Power ON and go to recovery --> Start the tablet by pressing Volume Down and POWER togheter for 5 seconds ,a message will inform you that you have 5 seconds to enter the recovery,press Volume UP before the 5 seconds expire.
At this point the device will go in recovery and should start updating your firmware .

So yeah, thanks for this guide and beware of the Pixel Density Application. I know someone from here created it, but It could not have been more clear that it messed my tablet up since I had never had a problem until I gave it SuperUser Clearance then it never turned on again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rdamention For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]