Search This thread

ufish2

Aug 25, 2010
hey whats the " appropriate package for the device"..is that the download files at bottom....

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
hey whats the " appropriate package for the device"..is that the download files at bottom....

yup. pick 32 or 64 bit and then, once you figure out your hboot, put the number in the V.VV in the final command.

also, it supports 2.21 and 2.25 hboot's. ill support the 2.27 when there is a JB/eng version

feralicious

Jun 9, 2011
City of Angels
This looks fun! I'm going to try it as my last ditch effort to revive my phone.

My phone was on GB (was running what's listed in my sig). I don't know what my hboot was, I got the first GB OTA. Now, my phone was working fine until a few days after the ICS release. It rebooted itself and never came to life, but I think the battery was dead too. From what I've read I shouldn't have been able to take the OTA but I find the timing suspicious, and I have tried everything related to dead battery reviving that I have found and there is still no life. At all. So I think maybe I had some sort of interrupted OTA?

Questions:

- I do not have a linux box. I have Vista and tomorrow my new laptop with Win 7 is shipping. Does it matter which OS I use if I use the Live CD? I have one I grabbed at least a couple years ago, do I need to get a new one? Not sure if the new laptop with Win 7 will still have usb 2.0. I also have a Mac desktop running Snow Leopard.

- Does the RUU I use depend on the hboot version I determine or should I just go to the latest ICS RUU?

TIA

wlmeng11

Apr 23, 2012
Palo Alto, CA

My phone was on GB (was running what's listed in my sig). I don't know what my hboot was, I got the first GB OTA. Now, my phone was working fine until a few days after the ICS release. It rebooted itself and never came to life, but I think the battery was dead too. From what I've read I shouldn't have been able to take the OTA but I find the timing suspicious, and I have tried everything related to dead battery reviving that I have found and there is still no life. At all. So I think maybe I had some sort of interrupted OTA?

Questions:

- I do not have a linux box. I have Vista and tomorrow my new laptop with Win 7 is shipping. Does it matter which OS I use if I use the Live CD? I have one I grabbed at least a couple years ago, do I need to get a new one? Not sure if the new laptop with Win 7 will still have usb 2.0. I also have a Mac desktop running Snow Leopard.

- Does the RUU I use depend on the hboot version I determine or should I just go to the latest ICS RUU?

TIA

I would recommend using Ubuntu 12.04.
You should probably use the official ICS OTA, which is the 3.14.605.12 RUU.

You can't upgrade directly the latest update from Gingerbread.

Sent from my NeoMax Rezound

EDIT: If it still has the 2.21 hboot I think you have to run the gb ruu.

Last edited:
Reactions: feralicious

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey

Questions:

TIA

The ruu should be the same. As for Linux you can run a live CD. Should work since the files are like 30mb
Edit: oh yeah. One of the commands tells you what hboot your on if you don't know / remember
Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: feralicious

derick03

Nov 3, 2010
Any hope for Hboot 2.27?

I am needing these instructions because my device will not get past the 4G boot animation after updating to the global roaming update (4.03.605.1). I was previously on 3.14.605.10. I had tried to update to 3.14.605.12 but I couldn't so I thought it would be ok to skip it and go straight to the global roaming update. Apparently I was wrong. Up to that point I was still locked. Now, in my meager efforts to repair, I have unlocked and flashed a custom recovery using hansoon's all in one tool, simply because it seemed like all roads to recovery pointed in that direction. But that's where it all stops. I cannot find any way to flash a stock ROM while on an unlocked bootloader. I simply want this phone to be exactly how it would be if someone were to pick it up from a Verizon store (except with having a re-locked bootloader rather than locked). This route seems like my best bet except for the fact that I'm on Hboot 2.27 now with and this process only seems to work up through 2.25. Are there any things I can do to make this work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks, we are back in business thanks to Con! If you wanna unbrick, download the zip.

32bit md5: d7c934f7d1491bd5dc5d8dac2e670c62

64bit md5: 83663ba898eedd951d0003a4f3d86171

* not affiliated with Dexter and his team.
    NOTE: The unbrick ONLY WORKS if you bricked changing from S-OFF to S-ON with "writesecureflag 3"

You can do it without his auto script. Basically the script the dexter is b*tching about automates step 5 (as far as I can tell). emmc_recover is attached in the unbrick.zip. You will also need a stock, signed hboot that is the version that corresponds to what is bricked.

Anyway, this should work:

1.) Boot up to Linux

2.) Copy the emmc_recover file and the hboot file you want to flash to the linux box somewhere, just in your home folder will do.

3.) START ALL YOUR TERMINAL SESSIONS with sudo -s (enter your password and make sure you've got your root (#) prompt.

4.) Run the command chmod 0755 /path/to/emmc_recover (changing "/path/to" to wherever it resides)

5.) Now this is where it's a little tricky, because you don't know exactly what device it's going to show up as... (mine showed up as /dev/sdb12 one time, then /dev/sdc12 a second time) So, in order to cover for this, open several terminal windows (starting with sudo -s) and type in the following command in each one just changing the third letter from b to c and d and so on.
    Code:
    ./emmc_recover --flash hbootName.nb0 --device /dev/sdb12

So the next one would be /dev/sdc12, and so on.

It will ask you "Are you sure" press enter, it will ask once more, press Enter again. It should say "Waiting device /dev/sdb12......." (or sdc or whatever)

Make sure you get all your terminal windows to show this waiting state. And make sure you can SEE all of their outputs...

5.) Now... Holding down the Volume Down key, (and hold it down the ENTIRE time) and Plug the phone in (keep holding vol-down), now watch your terminal windows, ONE of them will say "Foundit!" and then say the following:

Code:
    511+1 records in
    511+1 records out
    1047808 bytes (1.0 MB) copied, 0.36689 s, 2.9 MB/s
    Retun code is 0
    Ubuntu's USB service will lock up, a bunch of windows will pop up as if it's trying to mount disk drives and the screen will go to a terminal screen (press ctrl alt del to get out of that)

Other notes: Remove SIM, microSD card and battery and connect the device using the USB cable. This procedure must be done without battery. Flash the RUU of the hboot version right after you recover! You also might not need to hold volume down when plugging it in.
    Ok, let's go step by step:

* It should be better for you to communicate via PM instead in a pubblic forum, even better because you are both Recognized Contributors.

* Probably OP did this in bona feath but you can't just simply copy & paste the entire first post without even contact the other user.

* No member of the other team requested this thread closed or deleted nor they made any report.

Since all the above, i'm not going to close this thread so you can fix it if you want.

And.....this http://www.xda-developers.com/annou...addition-to-sharing-policy-on-xda-developers/

@ all, please stay away to post no sense crap.
    [*unbrick*] is definitely not one of the tags permitted in the naming requirements by YZ

I kid I kid, good job :good:
    I have known this for months lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2