FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

"Unfortunately maps has stopped"

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ESTEEeFFY0U, Junior Member on 15th August 2012, 04:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For some reason while I'm using the N7, just browsing various websites or looking at videos, the error notification "unfortunately maps has stopped" pops up.

I searched around for a fix or even other threads about this on the N7 but have not seen any.

I've tried re-installing the Maps application on my N7 but it seems like it can't be uninstalled. I disabled the app and the error message stopped, but when I wanted to use the Map app, I had to enable it, and after use did not disable and noticed the error notification pop up at around the same frequency.. (every other day or so.)

I have not rooted the device, and have only downloaded/installed a handful of apps; am using Apex launcher as an alternative for the lack of landscape view on the home screen. Thanks in advance for any help.

15th August 2012, 06:49 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,902

Donate to Me
More
Same problem I'm having. Not rooted, completely stock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
19th August 2012, 12:32 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
I'm also having this problem with the Nexus 7 and CM10, but good to know it also happens in stock, saves me some trouble.
19th August 2012, 12:46 AM |#4  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESTEEeFFY0U

For some reason while I'm using the N7, just browsing various websites or looking at videos, the error notification "unfortunately maps has stopped" pops up.

I searched around for a fix or even other threads about this on the N7 but have not seen any.

I've tried re-installing the Maps application on my N7 but it seems like it can't be uninstalled. I disabled the app and the error message stopped, but when I wanted to use the Map app, I had to enable it, and after use did not disable and noticed the error notification pop up at around the same frequency.. (every other day or so.)

I have not rooted the device, and have only downloaded/installed a handful of apps; am using Apex launcher as an alternative for the lack of landscape view on the home screen. Thanks in advance for any help.

Have you tried this: Goto Settings > Apps > Maps > Force stop, clear cache, clear data. Then try rebooting your N7.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy o

I'm also having this problem with the Nexus 7 and CM10, but good to know it also happens in stock, saves me some trouble.

Have you tried fixing permissions in recovery or through ROM Manager?
21st August 2012, 04:21 PM |#5  

More
I've tried both, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling maps, it still happens. Yesterday it interrupted me twice while I was playing a game. It's starting to get annoying.
21st August 2012, 04:51 PM |#6  
Flag Loganville
Thanks Meter: 374

Donate to Me
More
Yes this is also an annoying issue for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
21st August 2012, 06:04 PM |#7  
Flag Lombard, IL
Thanks Meter: 18

More
If you don't *use* maps, and all the attendant programs (like local, navigation, etc) you can always go into your appdrawer, longhold the app and drag it up to App Info. (or go settings>apps>maps) and choose to "disable" the program.

(This *should* be possible stock, not rooted. I may be wrong, I didn't leave my N7 stock very long ;P)
25th August 2012, 01:40 AM |#8  

More
I might have figured it out. Go to maps, settings, location settings, location reporting, select "do not update your location". So far no message this past day or so (crossing fingers).

[edit] Spoke too soon, just got one.
25th August 2012, 04:03 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Call Google Apps support.

I had this issue happen to me for the Gmail app, and unfortunately, this was happening on two devices, occured after Factory Resetting two devices, and removing and re-adding the account.

Google might have changed/switched a setting, and it may have affected your ability to access any saved data you have on your account.
25th August 2012, 08:23 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Same problem here, maps has stopped. Happend when my N7 was stock, andre now when it is rooted.
4th September 2012, 03:39 PM |#11  

More
FWIW, this has never happened to me again since I installed AOKP some days ago.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)