IF YOU TAKE AN OTA AFTER DOING THIS AND VERIZON/SAMSUNG DECIDE TO UPDATE BOOTLOADER
IT COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE
THANKS TO ADAM OUTLER FOR HIS DISCOVERY ON HOW TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
I DID NOT COME UP WITH THIS, JUST A WAY FOR NOOBS LIKE ME TO DO IT ON WINDOWS EASILY!
*** MUST BE ROOTED
*** MUST HAVE USB DRIVERS FOR SGS III INSTALLED
*** VERIZON ONLY !!!!
aboot.img 0BA9AD45FC15CF3D62AF7DD363686B3F stockboot.img 149B318C76A3EEFD495FCFA98BCDAF28
1. No responsibility taken for bricks. sorry.
2. This is confirmed working on my device and many others
3. Restore method taken away.
4. The bootloader used in unlock is from adam outlers method
5. How do you know it worked ? Samsung splash screen is blazing fast when unlocked and phone boots faster
opposite when locked, right now thats the only way besides actually trying to flash something like a kernel.
Download zip here
HOW TO UNLOCK:
**** IF YOU HAVE ANY PROGRAMS THAT SYNC WITH YOUR PHONE THEY NEED TO BE UNINSTALLED OR NOT RUNNING BECAUSE THEY CAN CAUSE BRICKS, Pdanet, easytether, droid explorer, kies, etc., etc., on down the line. I repeat if you have a program on your computer that syncs with your phone, it is NOT COOL TO HAVE THAT RUNNING! ****
1. menu > settings > develop options > (unplug phone) > usb debugging > ok > (plug in phone)
[USB DEBUGGING HAS TO BE CHECKED !]
2. If you are not rooted, get rooted first !
3. download the zip and extract somewhere you will be able to find it
4. pick option 1 and your done
I removed the restore to stock, because it was causing problems, however if you want to restore your backup that the program makes simply run this from command line
adb shell su -c "dd if=/sdcard/bootloader_backup.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5"
su -c "dd if=/sdcard/bootloader_backup.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5"
IMPORTANT NOTES: YOU CAN NOW RESTORE BOOTLOADER COMING FROM ANY OTHER METHOD [/SIZE]
SOURCE FOUND HERE http://pastebin.com/yFXFQihb