Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

huawei mytouch root

Tip us?

Bmarksepic4gtouch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes please help i cannot figure out out either

toquer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default builder.clockworkmod.com

so i've been working on building a recovery image for this devices using koush's site and have been able to build it, but the device won't boot into recovery yet. not sure how to fix this, gonna mess around and keep on trying. i can get it to boot back up and can get it to respond to adb commands when in the mode that just shows the android 4g logo. but i can't get into recovery. not through adb and not through using the power and volume buttons.

still working on it... any body else have anything yet?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toquer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrsteel74
Old
Thanks Meter 3
No info on rooting this phone but Huawei just posted on their website the open source gingerbread kernel for the G312 U8680 here is a link to it:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwid...oftid=NDY3MzU=
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsteel74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jb0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Default It's been rooted!

Yep, it's a simple one too. Happy to have my wife's phone rooted Removing bloat, however, is tricky -- it's hidden in an inaccessible partition and when you erase it, it restores it on next reboot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post31237225
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...ei-mytouch-4g/

Big thanks to mattlgroff for cracking this nut!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jb0ne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamonthis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb0ne View Post
Yep, it's a simple one too. Happy to have my wife's phone rooted Removing bloat, however, is tricky -- it's hidden in an inaccessible partition and when you erase it, it restores it on next reboot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post31237225
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...ei-mytouch-4g/

Big thanks to mattlgroff for cracking this nut!

When you install an update to one of these apps lets use the, yahoo mail on for example, it will show in the /system/app or /data/app. The problem is the apk before the update is in /cust/t-mobile/us/app which is read only and unable to be mounted as R/W and that is why Titanium backup is unable to uninstall it.

I have tried moving it and deleting it manually with no luck. I have not tried through ADB yet but may give that a try next.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jamonthis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Farseli
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamonthis View Post
When you install an update to one of these apps lets use the, yahoo mail on for example, it will show in the /system/app or /data/app. The problem is the apk before the update is in /cust/t-mobile/us/app which is read only and unable to be mounted as R/W and that is why Titanium backup is unable to uninstall it.

I have tried moving it and deleting it manually with no luck. I have not tried through ADB yet but may give that a try next.
If you figure it out and find anything out I would love to know about it. Where should I watch for an update in case someone does get that sorted out?
The Following User Says Thank You to Farseli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oneru
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Recovery mode

There is an accessible recovery mode, at least on my querty version of the phone. You have to completely pull the battery first. Put the battery back in, hold Volume up, and then hit power. I held the power button for a couple seconds, and volume up for maybe 6-8 seconds, then started hitting volume up repeatedly. The key is to pull the battery each time you try, I think. It looks like powering off from the phone's power menu just puts it in a suspend sort of mode. (Compare boot times when rebooting, and when pulling battery)

Apparently the bootloader is locked, so not sure how useful it is yet.

zen_radius
Old
Thanks Meter 2
For anyone with a T-Mobile MyTouch Q (Huawei U8730), I created a wiki page for it, and we should post in the New Device Forum Requests thread so we have a specific place to post info.

I just purchased a U8730 today and will definitely be figuring out how to root it at some point.
The Following User Says Thank You to zen_radius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

inaudible101
Old
Thanks Meter 26
For anyone that cares here's a link in case you haven't registered at the other site.
http://j.gs/1U5q

rachelm920
Old
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME
I'm hoping we can get some development going for this phone. I just picked one up for my daughter a month ago and it's giving her memory filled messages already. It'd be great if we can get it permanently rooted and remove bloat to start... then possibly move onto Cyanogen... considering she had the horrible Comet (also by Huawei) previously and it had development for CM7. I may be taking a leap from my contract soon, but can't go to Straight Talk with her phone unless it's unlocked
~Rachelm920~
AT&T Galaxy S5 running stock rooted until some ROMs come out
Other devices:
Nexus 7 2013 Edition stock
Original Kindle Fire running CM10

Android History:T-mobile: Motorola Cliq ran CM7 --> HTC Amaze ran CM9 --> AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S3 tried just about every ROM on this site