By toquer, Junior Member on 16th August 2012, 05:47 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th October 2012, 07:20 AM |#21  
Flag Croydon
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Talking I found this after doing some research
After doing some searching, I found this method and the video shows a walkthrough and has the link to download the file. I haven't tried it yet, have to talk to my girl first before I mess with her new phone. It seems really easy. Although I didn't or haven't found any custom roms yet .....hint hint, lol I'm a noob, so I can't post the full link, so you'll have to copy and paste. Please let me know if any of you find and roms or radio or the such....

youtube.com/watch?v=hcrl1rYcL7o

28th October 2012, 03:49 PM |#22  
Nampa ID
Thanks Meter: 66

More
This is great, gets you rooted. I was able to install clockwork, but I have no backup options in the recovery menu which is kind of the whole point. Anyone able to back the device up yet? I tried that adb method but I get an error about accessing the device. All other adb functions appear to work normally.

adb backup -apk -all -nosystem -f c:\backup.ab
28th October 2012, 04:01 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by illdill

This is great, gets you rooted. I was able to install clockwork, but I have no backup options in the recovery menu which is kind of the whole point. Anyone able to back the device up yet? I tried that adb method but I get an error about accessing the device. All other adb functions appear to work normally.

great thing
11th November 2012, 04:09 AM |#24  
Flag cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 12

More
We really need that thread

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using xda app-developers app
23rd November 2012, 07:18 AM |#25  
Flag Houston Texas
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Unhappy Helppp bricked
So...Here is the story...Had the U8730(T-Mobile MyTouch Q) Rooted...I left the phone alone for a while and
I attempted to delete the bloatware apps and I deleted something from the system file that I shouldnt have and the phone
started acting up so I pulled the battery and the phone is stuck on the android 4G. So I am bricked..
I am able to get into recovery and the pink mode...by vol up + vol down + power and that gets me into pink mode
where i am able to see the image file on my computer. Also when the phone is on and stuck on the android 4g screen
if i have the usb connected to the computer the screen on the phone shows the usb connected. Opting to turn on the usb mode
I can pull down the notification bar but not navigate much more than that...Please Please does someone have a back up of the image file
maybe in a zip version or any type of stock image rooted or unrooted...I can do something with any of those. Maybe I can mess with some of them of if some one has a method they can share with me...PM ME or email me anything...Call me text me...whatever..Please I
really need to use my phone..So if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank Yall
Happy Turkey Day
23rd November 2012, 03:56 PM |#26  
Flag Croydon

Donate to Me
More
That's why it's a good idea to use a program like Titanium Root and do a backup before you start to delete stuff, just in case. But if you can still get into recovery mode, I would simply try to reflash the rom from the zip file that should still be on your memory card.

Nightwolf
sent from my rooted HTC Desire Z using xda-developers app
23rd November 2012, 10:22 PM |#27  
Flag Houston Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf769

That's why it's a good idea to use a program like Titanium Root and do a backup before you start to delete stuff, just in case. But if you can still get into recovery mode, I would simply try to reflash the rom from the zip file that should still be on your memory card.

Nightwolf
sent from my rooted HTC Desire Z using xda-developers app

I looked in the memory card and couldnt find any zip file...do you have a back up you can attach..I can try and reflash that..
I only able to get into the Recovey V3 not a CWM..I am not able to toggle verifications or any of that...
23rd November 2012, 10:27 PM |#28  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by racosta201045

So...Here is the story...Had the U8730(T-Mobile MyTouch Q) Rooted...I left the phone alone for a while and
I attempted to delete the bloatware apps and I deleted something from the system file that I shouldnt have and the phone
started acting up so I pulled the battery and the phone is stuck on the android 4G. So I am bricked..
I am able to get into recovery and the pink mode...by vol up + vol down + power and that gets me into pink mode
where i am able to see the image file on my computer. Also when the phone is on and stuck on the android 4g screen
if i have the usb connected to the computer the screen on the phone shows the usb connected. Opting to turn on the usb mode
I can pull down the notification bar but not navigate much more than that...Please Please does someone have a back up of the image file
maybe in a zip version or any type of stock image rooted or unrooted...I can do something with any of those. Maybe I can mess with some of them of if some one has a method they can share with me...PM ME or email me anything...Call me text me...whatever..Please I
really need to use my phone..So if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank Yall
Happy Turkey Day

Sounds like you're just missing a launcher. Do you have adb debugging enabled? If so then all you need to do is install a launcher apk via adb. Try Google searching for a holo launcher apk or something like that. Maybe you can even find a flashable zip of just the launcher.. Edit: you could also use your PC and navigate to the Goole play store website and add a launcher directly to your phone after logging in.
Sent from my phone.
Last edited by Markyzz; 23rd November 2012 at 10:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Markyzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2012, 07:56 PM |#29  
Flag Houston Texas

More
Ended up swaping it out at the Tmobile store. I tried a couple different options. So what I learned was to leave the system bloatware apps alone. Well the IQ ones. All others I am gunning for

Sent from my SGH-T699 using xda premium
3rd January 2013, 11:15 PM |#30  

More
Anyone got root for the updated MyTouch Q? The old one doesn't work with the new updates...
4th February 2013, 10:00 PM |#31  
Flag Douarnenez (finistère, bretagne, france)
Thanks Meter: 67

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by illdill

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...tition-images/

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)