Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 48,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

huawei mytouch root

Tip us?

Nightwolf769
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Talking I found this after doing some research

After doing some searching, I found this method and the video shows a walkthrough and has the link to download the file. I haven't tried it yet, have to talk to my girl first before I mess with her new phone. It seems really easy. Although I didn't or haven't found any custom roms yet .....hint hint, lol I'm a noob, so I can't post the full link, so you'll have to copy and paste. Please let me know if any of you find and roms or radio or the such....

youtube.com/watch?v=hcrl1rYcL7o

illdill
Old
Thanks Meter 58
This is great, gets you rooted. I was able to install clockwork, but I have no backup options in the recovery menu which is kind of the whole point. Anyone able to back the device up yet? I tried that adb method but I get an error about accessing the device. All other adb functions appear to work normally.

adb backup -apk -all -nosystem -f c:\backup.ab
T-Mobile ~ {Samsung} Galaxy Note II
T-Mobile ~ {Samsung} Galaxy Note III
T-Mobile ~ {LG} G-Slate (Rooted / Latest Stock)

titeuf007
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by illdill View Post
This is great, gets you rooted. I was able to install clockwork, but I have no backup options in the recovery menu which is kind of the whole point. Anyone able to back the device up yet? I tried that adb method but I get an error about accessing the device. All other adb functions appear to work normally.

adb backup -apk -all -nosystem -f c:\backup.ab

great thing

kenny513
Old
Thanks Meter 11
We really need that thread

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using xda app-developers app
Nexus 4: PACrom 4.3

racosta201045
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Unhappy Helppp bricked

So...Here is the story...Had the U8730(T-Mobile MyTouch Q) Rooted...I left the phone alone for a while and
I attempted to delete the bloatware apps and I deleted something from the system file that I shouldnt have and the phone
started acting up so I pulled the battery and the phone is stuck on the android 4G. So I am bricked..
I am able to get into recovery and the pink mode...by vol up + vol down + power and that gets me into pink mode
where i am able to see the image file on my computer. Also when the phone is on and stuck on the android 4g screen
if i have the usb connected to the computer the screen on the phone shows the usb connected. Opting to turn on the usb mode
I can pull down the notification bar but not navigate much more than that...Please Please does someone have a back up of the image file
maybe in a zip version or any type of stock image rooted or unrooted...I can do something with any of those. Maybe I can mess with some of them of if some one has a method they can share with me...PM ME or email me anything...Call me text me...whatever..Please I
really need to use my phone..So if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank Yall
Happy Turkey Day

Nightwolf769
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
That's why it's a good idea to use a program like Titanium Root and do a backup before you start to delete stuff, just in case. But if you can still get into recovery mode, I would simply try to reflash the rom from the zip file that should still be on your memory card.

Nightwolf
sent from my rooted HTC Desire Z using xda-developers app
Nightwolf

Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G
Clockwork Mod Recovery 6.0.1.2
Stock Rom atm
Don't like Samsung's new freakin file system, it's really pissing me off!

HTC G2
Clockwork Mod Touch Recovery
Flinny's Andromadus CM10.1, Build 22, JellyBean 4.2.2
Clock speed 368mhz-1.2ghz Interactive Gov.

myTouch 3G Slide
Clockwork Mod Recovery
CM 7

HTC G1
Clockwork Mod Recovery
CM 6

racosta201045
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf769 View Post
That's why it's a good idea to use a program like Titanium Root and do a backup before you start to delete stuff, just in case. But if you can still get into recovery mode, I would simply try to reflash the rom from the zip file that should still be on your memory card.

Nightwolf
sent from my rooted HTC Desire Z using xda-developers app

I looked in the memory card and couldnt find any zip file...do you have a back up you can attach..I can try and reflash that..
I only able to get into the Recovey V3 not a CWM..I am not able to toggle verifications or any of that...

Markyzz
Old
(Last edited by Markyzz; 23rd November 2012 at 10:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by racosta201045 View Post
So...Here is the story...Had the U8730(T-Mobile MyTouch Q) Rooted...I left the phone alone for a while and
I attempted to delete the bloatware apps and I deleted something from the system file that I shouldnt have and the phone
started acting up so I pulled the battery and the phone is stuck on the android 4G. So I am bricked..
I am able to get into recovery and the pink mode...by vol up + vol down + power and that gets me into pink mode
where i am able to see the image file on my computer. Also when the phone is on and stuck on the android 4g screen
if i have the usb connected to the computer the screen on the phone shows the usb connected. Opting to turn on the usb mode
I can pull down the notification bar but not navigate much more than that...Please Please does someone have a back up of the image file
maybe in a zip version or any type of stock image rooted or unrooted...I can do something with any of those. Maybe I can mess with some of them of if some one has a method they can share with me...PM ME or email me anything...Call me text me...whatever..Please I
really need to use my phone..So if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank Yall
Happy Turkey Day
Sounds like you're just missing a launcher. Do you have adb debugging enabled? If so then all you need to do is install a launcher apk via adb. Try Google searching for a holo launcher apk or something like that. Maybe you can even find a flashable zip of just the launcher.. Edit: you could also use your PC and navigate to the Goole play store website and add a launcher directly to your phone after logging in.
Sent from my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Markyzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

racosta201045
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Ended up swaping it out at the Tmobile store. I tried a couple different options. So what I learned was to leave the system bloatware apps alone. Well the IQ ones. All others I am gunning for

Sent from my SGH-T699 using xda premium

Nillerz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone got root for the updated MyTouch Q? The old one doesn't work with the new updates...