[HowTo] Disable home button screen wake
*** I AM NOT TAKING ANY CREDIT FOR THIS, I JUST HAPPENED TO GOOGLE IT AND FOUND IT USEFUL AND WANT TO SHARE***
I found it on another forum posted by a guy name ERIC.
**Update (8/19)** THIS MOD SHOULD WORK FOR ALL ROMS! I did it both on AOKP and stock. Gonna look into what else can be edited and post results
If you're having trouble with your phone waking due to the home button, this is the mod for you.
I work in a restaurant and i keep finding that my phone gets quite warm in my pocket because
the screen comes on (it also likes taking screen shots, and sometimes even opens the camera).
Hope this is helpful for you guys.
HERE WE GO!
ONLY MODIFY THE FILE SPECIFIED!
OR PLAY AROUND AT YOUR OWN RISK AS NOTHING OTHER THAN MENTIONED FILE IS TESTED....
- open root explorer
- navigate to : system/usr/keylayout
- now press the mount r/w button near the top of screen to enable read and write permissions
- scroll down to: sec_keys.kl
- press and hold until menu pops up, select: Open in Text Editor
- locate line: key 172 HOME WAKE
- tap behind the word WAKE and delete it so you see: key 172 HOME
- press menu and select: Save and Exit
- now press the button at the top of the screen to disable read and write permissions: Mount R/O
- (once pressed should now read : Mount R/W again.
- Exit root explorer
- Reboot your phone
WALA, no more warm pocket and random screenshots
Please hit the THANKS button if you like what I'm sharing!
LG G2 Resurrection Remix
LG G2 - Samsung GNote 2- HTC Sensation - Mytouch 3G slide - Samsung Galaxy S III - HTC ONE - Samsung Galaxy Nexus (I9250) - Samsung Galaxy s2 (Hercules) - T-mobile G2x - HTC HD2 - Titan 2 - Touch Diamond 2 - T-mobile Dash