Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 50,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S Relay 4G Development Thread

Tip us?

HippoMan
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDigitalBug View Post
Try flashing the ma2 radio that was posted earlier and check if you still can't make calls.
Yep. That was the problem, after all. Not the SIM.
Thanks.
It's fixed now.

COZ'N'EFX
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Question Does the Relay support USB Host Mode?

Does anyone know if the non-stock ROMs support USB host mode? I'm running 100% stock (haven't rooted or anything), got a S3 USB OTG cable, and have tried it with both a usb card reader and a Fiio E7 USB amp/dac with USB Audio Recorder Pro app, with no luck .

dillalade
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Default Re: Galaxy S Relay 4G Development Thread

Can anyone share there experience with MHL with cm10.1

I tried but gave no output and eventually force rebooted the phone.

Cheers
Well done again teamApexQ.
Props :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T699 using xda app-developers app

.........Device HTC Dream G1
.....Recovery RA-v1.7.0
..........Radio 2.22.28.25
.............SPL 1.33.0013d [+15mb RAM]
............ROM EzTerry's GB w/ Magpie
............MOD Custom MTD Partition : system 90.0M // data ~115M // cache 1.5M
...MicroSDHC fat32 12.5gb // swap 32mb // ext 1024mb [Class 6]

Jax184
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by COZ'N'EFX View Post
Does anyone know if the non-stock ROMs support USB host mode? I'm running 100% stock (haven't rooted or anything), got a S3 USB OTG cable, and have tried it with both a usb card reader and a Fiio E7 USB amp/dac with USB Audio Recorder Pro app, with no luck .
No idea, but our Qualcomm MSM8260A supports it. So in theory it should be there if the software is set up right.
G310->StarTAC->Voq->SGH-D407->VS6->G1->Sidekick 4G->Relay 4G
The Sidekick 4G Hardware Guide - The Relay 4G Hardware Guide

burritoboy9984
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I was actually looking for this very solution. I picked up a cheap OTG cable and no joy either. Running stock rooted.

-Erik

HippoMan
Old
(Last edited by HippoMan; 25th February 2013 at 01:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 65
Default Issues/questions about nardholio's CM 10.1 rom

I've been using nardholio's excellent CM10.1 rom for a while, and I'm quite happy with it. It works plenty well enough for me to keep using it on my device.

However, there are a few relatively minor issues and questions that have come up for me which I want to discuss ...

1. When using this rom, I notice that WiFi sometimes turns on automatically if I am out of range of a cell signal. This occurs even though I always explicitly set WiFi to "Off". I can't reliably reproduce this yet. It seems to occur maybe 25 percent of the time that I lose the cell signal but am in range of a WiFi hotspot that I have used before. I'm not sure about the following, but it also seems that sometimes, the device boots up with WiFi on, even though I'm almost positive that I explicitly turned it off before restart. Are these behaviors bugs or features? If it's the latter, does anyone know how set WiFi so that it always stays irrevocably turned off until I explicitly turn it on?

2. In the rooted MA2 rom that I was previously using, I got WiFi tethering to work by installing nardholio's Relay_tetheringfix_MA2.zip. However, with the CM10.1 rom, WiFi tethering doesn't work, as described later in this paragraph. I can't get WiFi tethering to work with PdaNet+FoxFi, either. If I install Relay_tetheringfix_MA2.zip over the CM10.1 rom, my device never boots: it hangs forever at the CyanogenMod boot animation. The WiFi-not-working symptom in CM10.1 is this: when turning on WiFi tethering, the access point comes up and it shows up in the connecting machine's WiFi access point list. However, when selecting this tethered access point, I get a "Connecting..." message for maybe 10-15 seconds, but then the connection drops and the connection process repeats in a seemingly infinite loop. This takes place even though I've double- and triple-checked that the password is correct. Perhaps a proper IP address is not being generated, or something ... I don't understand the internal mechanics of WiFi enough to know for sure. Has anyone gotten WiFi tethering to work under this CM10.1 rom?

3. I notice that in CM10.1, many apps are now listing their default storage location to be /storage/emulated/0. I assume that this is the same as /mnt/sdcard. Is there any way to tell my system to set the default storage location to /mnt/extSdCard (presumably /storage/sdcard1 or something similar)?

Thanks in advance for any insights you might be able to offer concerning these questions/issues.

gee one
Old
Thanks Meter 561

Regarding #2, the tethering fix is for the stock rom and replaces framework-res.apk. It will not work with cm10 or 9 because they use a different framework.

sent while running with scissors
HTC Dream
HTC Vision
ASUS Transformer

If you found this post helpful, please consider a donation to charity:
World Vision
International Red Cross
Wikipedia
International Justice Mission
or pick your own
The Following User Says Thank You to gee one For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nocturin
Old
(Last edited by Nocturin; 25th February 2013 at 04:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 62
Sigh... only 22hrs before 8%. Oh battery life, whatever happened too you? The yellow dip was the phone laying on the table in my living room not being used.

Anyone know of an application I'd be able to use to monitor which one's are requesting data access?

Currently on Hiatus. I will update when and where I can, but I'll be back more consistently in the future!

Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G/ApexQ Information Portal

Relay 4G Wikia Help us by adding your own contributions!

HippoMan
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee one View Post
Regarding #2, the tethering fix is for the stock rom and replaces framework-res.apk. It will not work with cm10 or 9 because they use a different framework.
Thank you.

So ... has anyone managed to get WiFi tethering working with this 10.1 rom? As I mentioned, it fails consistently with PdaNet+FoxFi as well as with the default WiFi tethering utility.

gtmaster303
Old
(Last edited by gtmaster303; 25th February 2013 at 10:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 399

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturin View Post
Sigh... only 22hrs before 8%. Oh battery life, whatever happened too you? The yellow dip was the phone laying on the table in my living room not being used.

Anyone know of an application I'd be able to use to monitor which one's are requesting data access?

"Only" 22 hours huh? That's a pipe dream compared to other phones

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2
Androids since September 2010
Cliq, 3G Slide, G2, 4G Slide, Captivate Glide, Galaxy S Relay, Droid Razr M