This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, they change two lines in your build.prop file which you could easily edit yourself in seconds and maybe throw a keyboard in there to make it work better. It's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank. Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a useful addition and not just a cute novelty. we're calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.
Donations to CM http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/donate , to molesarecoming http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=4491046, to D4rKn3sSyS http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=3484876
Notice: the JB version is work in progress.
HOW TO SET THE WORKSPACE MODE
IF COMING FROM STOCK : Do NOT wipe anything, Flash the this rom directly, reboot recovery, then wipe data (factory reset), cache and dalvik, and then Re-Flash this Rom again. This will get you safe from brick.
If you're already running one of my previous paranoid builds, then you can simply update your tab OTA using the built-in Goo.Manager app.
¤ Download the ROM :
>>> v2.53 <<< WARNING : There are big issues in this build : wifi/3g and screen orientation aren't working. This is for testing purposes only.
You can use v2.50 which is the latest stable build until those issues are fixed
¤ Boot in CWM Recovery
¤ Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
¤ Wipe data if coming from another rom than cm10 or Nexus7.7
¤ Flash the rom
¤ Flash the gapps
¤ Read this : Noob's guide to PA Settings
You can find some themes, mods, boot-animations, wallpapers and other paranoid goodies in this thread
- Per app color, latest PA invention : lets you define navbar color, navbar glow color, navbar buttons color, and statusbar color on per app basis.
- Statusbar and navbar color (Independently from per app color, define default colors)
- Statusbar transparency and navbar transparency are finally back
- Define Toggles color scheme
- A lot of fixes to ParanoidPreferences
- Introducing Per-App navigation bar color
- Latest CM updates
- FIxed kernel issue that was causing the previous v2.50 build not to boot
- Same changelog as Paranoid Android v2.23 for galaxy nexus
- Latest CM merges (as always)
- Unified paprefs, new shiny pref-icons
- Day of week and month in statusbar
- Expanded desktop status text
- Better backout gradient
- Do-not-disturb will deal with the ticker, not kill the sounds
- Two new toggle layouts: holo-button and toggle-rows (good for tabUI)
- Stretching option to fit them on the screen
- Merged upstream CM as always
- Lots and lots of bugfixes
- Enabled CRT-off animation
- Circle Battery Mod included
- Added zRam support to p6800 & p6810 device trees and kernel
- Forgot to add Build.prop Editor
¤ Upcoming features:
- More colors. navbar this toggles that, colorpickers everywhere.
- Introduction of quicklaunch, new one of a kind feature
- New app settings for hybrid, like per-app-fullscreen
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]v2.20 (12/10/2012)
- First Android v4.1.2 build for galaxy tab 7.7
- All new android 4.1.2 features
- Memory leak fixed (thanks to locerra)
- UI running at 57fps (thanks to locerra)
- Triangle-Away support (thanks to locerra)
- Keyboard-dock support (thanks to locerra)
- New toggles style. They're unified now to all possible UIs
- Navigation bar transparency
- Double token encryption for security
- Double ime button fixed (aosp bug)
- Gmail crashes fixed (app bug)
- Google now hold-off delay fixed after sysUI restart (aosp bug)
- Double notification ticket avatar fixed (aosp bug) v2.15 (25/09/2012)
- Fixed trebuchet crashes in tablet-UI
- Fix/solution : "do-not-disturb" setting to get rid of notification-popups (switch-off the notifications toggle in tablet-UI notification-panel and you won't be getting these awful nag-pop-ups.)
- Paranoid Wallpapers refinements
- Added missing aosp rev6 (JRO03R) patches
- Soft-buttons now fixed, not inverted in landscape anymore
- Transparent statusbar (navbar comes soon) in settings/system/status bar
- Updated aosp base to latest jb build 4.1.1_r6 (JRO03R) from aosp
- Nexus 7 new hybrid properties
- Backup/restore is now 100% fixed
- We now use SuperSU instead of SuperUser
- New ParanoidWallpapers app update including solid color selection
- Trebuchet rotation enabled by default
- More minor stuff
- New feature : Navigation Bar customization.
- Rearrange and add up to 6 buttons to your navbar, in System/Settings/Navigation Bar
- All other changes from official pa changelog
New features :
- Lockscreen size scaling
- Status Bar scaling
- Change the ui layout for all system apps at once
- Change the ui layout for all user apps at once
- Backup & Restore your hybrid settings, it's now functionnal
- New app, Paranoid Wallpapers : enjoy the awesomeness of Tina Henschel's art skills on your tab
- Phablet mode (tvdpi) is now default mode
- Phone UI mode is now available, in addition to other usual modes.
- Rotation and Lockscreen rotation are now enabled by default
- Navbar too-big-size issue should be fixed
- Verizon 7.7 (i815) now supported
- Same as latest locerra's cm10 builds
- Big code cleanup of the recent apps windows of PA
- A few other new minor fixes and stuff from paranoid
- Brightness control now fixed
- OTA update through GooManager app now configured and working
- Rebased on latest sources
- New official PA 2.0 bootanimation preview
- Added some build.prop tweaks
- Now built from sources !
- Fixed hardware keyboard issue
- Added Settings/Advanced (Screen mode and scenario, haptic feedback, and HSPA+ for P6800 !!)
- Fixed Mobile Network icon and settings on P6810
- Fixed Mobile Network battery drain on P6810
- Now uploaded on Goo.im, so the built-in Goo.manager app makes sense.
- All bugfixes and improvements from v1.992 Paranoid Android
- Smoothness and performance improvements
- build.prop tweaks, init.d tweak scripts
- Fixed P6810 displaying mobile network
- Fixed battery drain due to false cell standby
- New Paranoid Android's boot animation
- New Paranoid and Cm bugfixes and patches
- Official port from Galaxy Nexus PA v1.991
- Rebased the rom on latest locerra's cm10 build (16/08)
- Ported from Galaxy Nexus instead of Galaxy S3 in v1.98a
- Fixed the soft-buttons disabled by default
- New first-boot issue : the keyboard won't display, you have to go to Settings and turn hardware keyboard off
- All latest cm10 bugfixes and improvements
- All latest Paranoid Android patches and bugfixes
- First Paranoid Android port for Galaxy Tab 7.7
- Ported from gokussjx's Galaxy S3 build
- Soft-buttons disabled at first boot, have to go to settings and tick navigation bar
- all cm10 bugfixes and new stuff
- all latest Paranoid Android new features and improvements
This is a work in progress, so please consider it as such.
Neither me nor the Paranoid Android team will be held responsible for ANY kind of damage, issue or thermonuclear lolcatz war triggered by flashing this rom.
YOU are the one who decide to flash a rom and modify your device, so you assume the consequences.
Known Issues :
- All CM10 known issues
- Report yours after reading below
If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Try locerra's cm10 to see if you have the same issue there. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods as well (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.
¤ Cyanogenmod Project, for CM10
¤ The Paranoid Android Team and everyone who worked on this project
¤ D4rKn3sSyS for his work in the Paranoid Android Team
¤ molesarecoming for his work in the Paranoid team and for his Galaxy Nexus PA rom.
¤ locerra for setting up the device trees for all 7.7 models and for his useful github
¤ Tina for images on this thread
¤ evilisto for Sense Recent Apps mod, and basic Tablet mode source
¤ dubidu for hiding statusbar mod
¤ Nordpolcamper for Paranoid Darkness themes
¤ gokussjx for his friendly help and for sgs3 pa builds
¤ faridaizuddin for dedicated and friendly beta-testing
¤ lsherif for dedicated and friendly beta-testing
¤ RipplingHurst for the motivation provided by his very kind donation
¤ fxr for the motivation provided by his very kind donation
¤ ricercar for the motivation provided by his very kind unexpectedly big donation
(Apps, Librairies, Roms & Guides)
Nothing is more frustrating than opening up Google Maps and it taking way to long … more
14 Sep 2014
By Jimmy McGee
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?