just unlocked and rooted s3 vzw can i flash recovery from rom manager now?

Search This thread

PJnc284

Jan 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for fast responses everyone. Question. Since we are completely unlocked now why can't we just flash from Rom manager

Well you can but rom manager can be flaky. Plus I don't believe that version supports kexec so you could end up in an unbootable state if you accidentally flash a rom that still uses the older method.

deadfrog82

Apr 22, 2010
Well you can but rom manager can be flaky. Plus I don't believe that version supports kexec so you could end up in an unbootable state if you accidentally flash a rom that still uses the older method.

Thanks everyone but I didn't use kexecI don't believe I rooted using easy method and then unlock vis app just bought s3today

Master_Tak

Nov 16, 2010
If it helps at all and if you're still trying to decide whether to use EZ-Recovery or not, I'm using Rom Manager and boots into CWM no problem. I used it to install the alpha 2 CM10 that was posted yesterday.

Yeah you'll run into serious problems if you use Rom Manager and accidently flash a kexec based rom, but if you're smart about it you should be fine.

kcellb

May 2, 2010
Rom Manager kept crashing on me every time I tried to install CWM through it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium