XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

just installed latest cm nightly from rom manager

Tip us?

mikeew83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default just installed latest cm nightly from rom manager

just installed the latest cm 10 nightly from rom manager now when i boot my phone get a screen says system software not authorized by verizon wireless has been found on your phone please turn off your phone and go to the nearest verizon wireless store for help.

bageloid
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeew83 View Post
just installed the latest cm 10 nightly from rom manager now when i boot my phone get a screen says system software not authorized by verizon wireless has been found on your phone please turn off your phone and go to the nearest verizon wireless store for help.
Did you unlock your bootloader?

mikeew83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default yep

I rooted it then i used ezunlock went thru successfully it stated i then backed up my stock rooted and did the rest of of normal wen in to rom manager downloaded did a full wipe dalivk cache data etc and then phone installed and rebooted to that verizon warning screen talk about big brother much.

rustyjay
Old
Thanks Meter 1498
Had the same issue setting up my bro's galaxy yesterday. I had to flash back to stock via Odin and then I just redid root and unlock boot loader and haven't had issue since. Running the new d2vzw euroskank right now with no issues.

mikeew83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default yea

I figured as much i was downloadin the files had to run out so just switched devices real fast while i fix it figure ill just start from scratch once i odin back to stock.

yoyoche
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcismo55 View Post
I wouldn't run the official nightlies for the time being until the data and MMS fixes get approved and merged. CVPS (Austin Dickenson) posted an Alpha 2 on his G+ with those fixes above so you would be better off running those.
sent from my unlocked bootloader Verizon Samsung galaxy s III

arrogantS3
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeew83 View Post
I rooted it then i used ezunlock went thru successfully it stated i then backed up my stock rooted and did the rest of of normal wen in to rom manager downloaded did a full wipe dalivk cache data etc and then phone installed and rebooted to that verizon warning screen talk about big brother much.

You need to UNLOCK your bootloader not just root. the official CM is a non kexec kernel and you are still running with your locked bootloader

mikeew83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default and fixed

just funny to me how far verizon will go to feel like big brother so to speak.

lonnierm
Old
(Last edited by lonnierm; 20th August 2012 at 05:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Assuming your bootloader is unlocked. I had the same thing happen the first time. Tried to use CWM, missed the suggestion of flashing TWRP from EZ Recovery. Made all the difference. Watch the video from DroidModd3rX:
Verizon Galaxy S3 Cyanogen Mod 10 Unofficial NONKEXEC Install (I can't post links yet, sorry)
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1345435528448.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1270932

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Narenji89
Old
Thanks Meter 34
is it suitable for daily use??