5,600,182 Members 40,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL] Unbrick/Firmware restore | Flash GUIDE | ROM List & REVIEWS [09/11/2012]

Tip us?

feetsonfire
Old
(Last edited by feetsonfire; 11th February 2013 at 11:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 517
Tutorial [TUTIRIAL] How tooos? { Error Mounting /data! }

Redesigning this week with all ace i stuff and ques/ans along with every thing u need to know. Just wait for some time. \m/

Quote:
3. INFO and Q/A -

• Q: Ace 5830 i/M/C ?
  • As per my search almost every thing is same. They just point to shipping continents. i / M / C. The i is made ​​to Spain and countries in Asia. 's M apparently Chile and some Latin American countries. The C is for Brazil. So, U can flash all the roms and use unbrick tutorial on your phone

• PDA, Phone and CSC.
    • PDA == build version of the firmware
    • Phone == baseband / modem version
    • CSC == consumer software customization and it is specified to geographical region and carriers. CSC contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS for your service provider. And you can change CSC if you have Multi CSC packages.
    • ####Note –Changing this will factory reset your phone. Do backup before perform this task.

• How to change CSC?
    • Just type *#272*Device IMEI# at Phone dial pad. For IMEI type *#06#.
    • Select the CSC that you want.
    • Click Install.
    • Phone will be rebooted by itself.
    • ####Note –Changing this will factory reset your phone. Do backup before perform this task.
    • ####Note – CSC can sometime be corrupt. It may lead to infinite loop. Reason unkown.

• Q: Flashing any firmware to my phone will erase the network lock?
  • A: NO. The network (or SIM) lock still remain active. By flashing firmware you can't deactivate the lock. It's stored elsewhere.

• Q: Flashing an operator specific firmware will restrict my open phone to that operator's network?
  • A: NO. Your phone still remain open for any SIM. Operator specific builds usually containing "only" bloatwares, wallpapers and/or browser settings, etc...

• Q: Is it possible to update the PDA or MODEM only?
  • A: Yes, You can update any one component independently if you have a good reason for, but remember: recommended to have consistent components

• Q: Where is the bootloader tar and pit file when extracted .tar file?
  • A: those are not used for a Kies like update. You can find .pit in odin attachment above and bootloader in other S5360i firmware bundles like the one mentioned in unbrick tutorial and use if you really need it, but not necessarily needed for flashing

• Q: Do I need to tick repartition?
  • A: NO! Leave all check-boxes as default!

• Q: Really??? Do not tick repartition?
  • A: REALLY, I told You! Leave it unticked!!! ...And leave bootloader empty as well! COPY THAT?!?!?!

• Q: Kies says "cannot update this firmware" after flashing rom?
  • A: No one gives **** what kies says..... Well kies sks. Odin works well. We dont need kies. My guess is due to change in CSC... !
Quote:
3. How to Unbrick Ace 5830i / How to use odin -
  • Things you need:
    1. Samsung Drivers (link)
    2. Odin with pit.zip (Download)
    3. Firmware package - It is samsung original OS that will be flashed using odin. These firmware are available on sammobile.com (a single file) but they cant be directly flashed using odin. So we have to make them flashable using odin You can get it in two ways:

1. Firmware repacked by me -
        • These are the firmware that have been repacked by me and can be directly flashed using odin.
        • Choose the Country and download the zipped file. Unzip it and watch the unbrick video down below.
        • If firmware for your country is not available use open australia or go to 2 and learn how i created these repacks.

Quote:
          • Open Australia - {S5830IXXLA4_S5830IOXXLA2_ATO Repacked} - [Download] ***PASSWORD = mod2xtreme.com***

• India INS - {S5830i_XXLF3_ODDLF1_DDLF1_INDIA_INS} - [Download]

2. Learn and make your own repack -
        • Providing package for every ace i of different countries is very difficult so you have to do some work.
        • Go to "Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom" down below tutorial to learn how to make a Repacked package yourself just like one i created above.
        • Using tutorial "Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom", 3 files CSC, modem and PDA will be extraced.
        • An additional file Bootloader (link) is requires with other 3. It has been attached below.
        • So, Simply first watch the "Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom" tutorial first, get the files and get to this tutorial after that.

4. [Watch Video Tutorial Down below ]
    5. ###Note - Diver problem - (Link)

• To restore Samsung recover as default recover... follow the above unbrick tutorial. What this means is that u suppose your phone is brick and you want to unbrick... So just follow above tutorial and every thing will be normal as it was .

Quote:
3. Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom -

I was asked by no of users to provide them original frameworks for their ace i.......Doing so for different frameworks id just impossible for me to upload. So for all those who want to go back to the original framework just follow the tutorial.

By flashing an improper firmware pack you may potentially risk the health of your phone. Do it on your own risk only!
I won't take responsibility of any damage done to your phone.

So, lets begin by things you will need:
  • Check Fus Downloader - (LINK) "not working as of 23/12/2012. Download tar file from sammobile.com. Search ur mobile."
  • SplitFUS - (LINK) # Download GUI version.
  • Cygwin - (LINK)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Downloading .tar file for your phone

You can download .tar country framework single file by two ways :
  • From http://www.sammobile.com/ directly. Find your country latest file and download.
  • By using Check Fus Downloader - Watch video below

2. Extract files from .tar and flash via odin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to click on THANKS (see left)

Discussion PAGE
Attached Files
File Type: rar Bootloader for ODIN.tar.rar - [Click for QR Code] (57.7 KB, 21565 views)
The Following 179 Users Say Thank You to feetsonfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

feetsonfire
Old
(Last edited by feetsonfire; 17th October 2012 at 06:45 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 517
Tutorial Review and Bugs

4. Review and Bugs (Review of latest roms will be done at weekends)

• MindCr Rom v2.1

• RZRecovery as default recovery
    • Might have to flash couple of time before it works....
    • Performance wise.... I like this rom...Tweets have really done done the job.
    • Adjust rom settings integrated within setting, Changeable locks.....lock settings.
    • Change Quick panel in grey with light blue color.
    • Halo Launcher as default launcher.
    • Setting with new icons.
    • 51.63 mb space used consumes much high internal memory and can be increased by deleting some unusual apps using app2sd.
    • Love this rom atleast for now.
    • Bug free... every thing is working.

• RazoDroiD v2.5

• Transparent lock.
    • Nice performance
    • Change Quick panel color to blue.
    • Samsung and Xperia launcher both available.
    • 65.31 mb space used consumes much high internal memory when apps installed as compared to AceCream
    • Latest kernel has to be flashed.
    • FOUND NO BUG... every thing is working.
  • AceCream V1.1

• INSTALLS CWM as default RECOVERY. Always go back to SAMSUNG ORIGINAL recover. Just follow above unbrick tutorial.
    • Google bootloader.
    • Lock sks. Basic samsung.
    • Nice Quick panel.
    • Built in app2sd.
    • xperia laucher(so smooth)
    • 42 mb space used.
    • Extreme Extreme fast.

• [Team Cooper] M!-U! v2.1
    • INSTALLS CWM as default RECOVERY. Always go back to SAMSUNG ORIGINAL recover. Just follow above unbrick tutorial.
    • Nice boot loader.
    • Nice lock
    • Looks wise the best
    • Main home button not functioning
    • Find a bit laggy after installing couple of apps. Due to launcher and clock. Removing clock it make less laggy.
    • Still AceCream V1.1 and AndroidScream [V1] is the best

• [Team Cooper] Retribution Beta 4 (Barebones version)
    • Same basic old default look.
    • Smooth

• [Team Cooper] Retribution Beta 4 (Extreme barebones version)
    • Google bootloader.
    • Looks wise similar to Retribution Beta 4 (Barebones version).
    • Same old basic looks.
    • Smoother than Retribution Beta 4 (Barebones version).
    • Uses 40 mb space

• [Team Cooper] Simplicity v1
    • Runs very smooth.
    • Pink color glow covers a lot of screen and makes phone laggy a bit sometimes
    • Black color Status bar and settings.
    • 54 mb space used.

The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to feetsonfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

feetsonfire
Old
(Last edited by feetsonfire; 9th December 2012 at 07:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 517
Tutorial ROM LIST (Added after testing)

2. ROM list -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Latest kernels - (LINK)
###NOTE - If your phone automatically reboots while you are using after flashing roms.... Flash to latest kernel and change frequeency / kernel. It will solve your problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Apps -
  • Gtalk - (Link)
  • Gtalk (use if first doesnt work) - (Link)
  • New Clock - (Link)
  • FM app - (Link)
  • PerfMon - (Link)
  • TouchPal (new keyboard) - (Link)
MAIN thread ----------------- > [TUTORIAL] Installation GUIDE | ROM List | Rom review | Unbrick
Attached Files
File Type: zip FmRadio.zip - [Click for QR Code] (570.5 KB, 844 views)
File Type: zip Gtalk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (796.4 KB, 241 views)
The Following 56 Users Say Thank You to feetsonfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

feetsonfire
Old
(Last edited by feetsonfire; 8th October 2012 at 11:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 517
Tutorial Snapshorts

5. Snap Shorts
    • AceCream V1.1

||||
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • [Team Cooper] M!-U! v2.1

| | |
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • [Team Cooper] Retribution Beta 4 (Barebones version)

||||
    • [Team Cooper] (Extreme barebones version)

Same as that of above Retribution Beta 4 (Barebones version).
    • AndroidScream [V1]

||||

• [Team Cooper] Simplicity v1

||||
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to feetsonfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

feetsonfire
Old
(Last edited by feetsonfire; 9th December 2012 at 07:47 AM.) Reason: Rom - MindCr Rom v2.4 added....
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 517
Tutorial [TUTORIAL] Unbrick/Firmware restore | Flash GUIDE | ROM List & REVIEWS [09/11/2012]

FORM CONTENT - 1. Installation tutorial 2. Rom list 3. Unbrick and GOING back to original samsung framework/ Stack rom 4. Reviews and Bugs 5. Snapshorts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. INSTALLING ROMS on Galaxy Ace 5830i updated(28/10/2012) -

[Added after testing them all myself... Feel free to use.]
I am not responsible if u dont follow the step and brick your phone...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• # First Backup using CWM
Backup - First thing first, Backing up can be restored later in future in case you want to go back at stack original OS in place of ROM. So, lets begin!
  1. Download cwm ( CWM_temporary without kernel.zip) and place in sd card - (Download)
  2. Switch off the phone.
  3. Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode.
  4. Select "apply update from sdcard"
  5. Choose ClockWorkRec5830i.zip. CWM will load.
  6. Go to "backup and restore" and Select Backup.

# A backup will be created under sdcard/clockworkmod/ on your SD CARD. Plz dont format your sdcard. Backup this folder if u can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • ## First ROM flash
  1. Download any one of the Rom from below thread and place in SD card-
  2. Download cwm ( CWM_temporary without kernel.zip) and place in sd card - (Download)
  3. Switch off the phone.
  4. Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode.
  5. Select "apply update from sdcard" ----->and choose ClockWorkRec5830i.zip. CWM will load.
  6. To backup got to "backup and restore" -----> Backup.
  7. Select "wipe data / reset"
  8. Select "wipe catch partition".
  9. Now Select restart your phone and Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode as you did before.
  10. Again select "apply update from sdcard" and select the rom you want to flash(remember flash via SAMSUNG recovery, cwm may softbrick your phone).
  11. Wait for completion and restart the phone. Phone will work with new rom.
  12. To go back to stack just go to CWM ---> "backup and restore" ----> restore and select restore point.

#For Best Rom see reviews down below

#These roms include features that make them better then stack.

#Will be updated with new roms as the appear on internet. See date and time at top.

HOPE this helps...... Thanks for reading.

• ### Recovery
There are 3 recoveries available right now Stack samsung recovery, Cyanogen(CWM) recovery (link) and RZ Recovery (link).

ON flashing roms stack recovery will be replaced by one of other two recoveries ie. either Cyanogen or RZ. It is recommended to use cyanogen.
If u some how want to Stack recovery. Just use odin and flash original firmware according to tutorial mentioned below.

Quote:
Whats new (09/11/2012) -
  1. [08/11/2012] MindCr Rom v2.4
  2. [29/10/2012] Jelly Blast V3.0.4
  3. [29/10/2012] iDROID ROM v1
  4. [29/10/2012] BoudzDroid V2
  5. [13/09/2012] Tutorials edited [Thanks to me ]
  6. [26/09/2012] RazoDroiD v2.5
  7. [17/09/2012] AceCream V4
  8. [22/09/2012] ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware added [Thanks to me ]
  9. [20/08/2012] Video Unbrick tutorial added [Thanks to me ]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to click on THANKS (see left)

Discussion PAGE
The Following 120 Users Say Thank You to feetsonfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3870
Possible duplicate of http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1817013, although this thread is more detailed.

Also, please don't post direct links. It would be best to direct the readers to the ROM's thread. If the ROM doesn't have one, it shouldn't be listed since it's not tested.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

feetsonfire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 517
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
Possible duplicate of http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1817013, although this thread is more detailed.

Also, please don't post direct links. It would be best to direct the readers to the ROM's thread. If the ROM doesn't have one, it shouldn't be listed since it's not tested.
I am posting all links after testing them.... i havent mentioned this before but i will in just a second..... and in this i have mentioned complete flash guide which other thread didnt... so i dont believe its duplicate...

in some time i will include videos of all roms installed on my ace......
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to feetsonfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bert98
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by feetsonfire View Post
INSTALLING ROMS on Galaxy Ace 5830i updated(19/8/2012) (01:30 hours) -

1. Download any one of the Rom and place in SD card-
  1. RazoDroiD v1.0 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1816611
  2. GingerCream V1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?cwjc3jv99uhd1ro
  3. GingerCream V2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?nbyiuk9tbymzubf
  4. XperiaTized ROM - http://www.mediafire.com/?9dt83h7fo7ut3q3
  5. Retribution beta 3.5 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1806471
2. Download cwm (ClockWorkRec5830i.zip) and place in sd card - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1552792

3. Switch off the phone. Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode.

4. Select "apply update from sdcard" ----->and choose ClockWorkRec5830i.zip. CWM will load.

5. To backup got to "backup and restore" -----> Backup.

6. After backup go back and select "wipe data / reset"
7. Select "wipe catch partiton".

8. Now Select restart your phone and Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode as you did before.

9. Again select "apply update from sdcard" and select the rom you want to flash.

10. Wait for completion and restart the phone. Phone will work with new rom.

11. To go back to stack just go to CWM ---> "backup and restore" ----> restore and select restore point.

#The best Rom for now are RazoDroiD v1.0 and Retribution beta 3.5 as far performance is concerned not looks.

#There are bugs in all roms.. All are in beginning phase what else u xpect.

#These roms include features that make them better then stack.

#Will be updated with new roms as the appear on internet. See date and time at top.

HOPE this helps...... Thanks for reading.

Whats new (19/8/2012) -
  1. XperiaTized ROM
  2. GingerCream V2 ROM

Photos:

XperiaTized ROM -

GingerCream V2[ -

Will be available soon.
Hi. Can i know what's your firmware version?? Mine is XXLF3, does XperiaTized work on it?? Thx

Inviato dal mio GT-S5830i con Tapatalk 2
Sony Xperia U White
-ROM: CM11
-KERNEL: CM11 kernel

Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 16Gb
-ROM: AOSPAL
-Kernel: M-Kernel a67
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bert98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

feetsonfire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 517
Default [TUTORIAL] INSTALLATON GUIDE and ROM updates[19/8/2012][Ace 5830i]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert98 View Post
Hi. Can i know what's your firmware version?? Mine is XXLF3, does XperiaTized work on it?? Thx

Work on all... just try
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to feetsonfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bert98
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by feetsonfire View Post
Work on all... just try
And.. Whats not workin?? Sorry for the many questions :P

Sony Xperia U White
-ROM: CM11
-KERNEL: CM11 kernel

Nexus 7 Wi-Fi 16Gb