[Add-on] [Beta] [Aroma] [Privacy] Guardian Project Installer V1.0
What is this?
This is a flashable zip (tested with CWM) that installs most of the apps from the Guardian Project
. The guardian project is a non-profit organization that is building apps and tools to help users and whistle-blowers alike to stay safe and anonymous in this day and age. This is a faster way to setup a secure/private device. I also encourage enabling Full Disk Encryption in ICS/JB settings. Quote from the site:
How Guardian Helps
While we think that a secure, privacy-enhanced mobile phone is a good thing for just about anybody going about their daily lives, we like to also consider the extreme cases, where this technology might change the course of someones life.
What apps are installed?
- Orbot: TOR (Anonymous Web Browsing) for Android
- Gibberbot: Secure Encrypted IM using Google Talk
- ObscuraCam: Secure Camera that obscures faces
- InTheClear: Data Wipe (“Poison Pill”) Wipes phone on command
- Android Privacy Guard: Public Key Crypto (GPG) for Android
- TextSecure: *****REMOVED**** See HERE for details.
- DroidWall: Firewall that uses IPTables to prevent data leaks and Network attacks.
- FDroid: Alternative to Google Playstore. All apps are FOSS.
- ORweb: Privacy oriented web browser that works automatically with Orbot (TOR). [ADDED: 08//19/2012]
- OSTel: Encrypted VOIP phone calls using ZRTP. The app is based on CSipSimple For more info go here to create a free acount go here. NOTE: This service & app are in public beta status. [ADDED: 08/20/2012]
- K-9 Mail: Open Source E-mail app that works with APG for sending encrypted E-mails. Has lots of powerful options. [ADDED: 08/21/2012]
- CaCertMan: Manage the list of Certificate Authorities on you phone. Let's you revoke any CA's you distrust. ROOT Needed. [ADDED: 08/21/2012]
- CryptFS Password Manager - Allows you to have one password for encryption and a shorter one for lockscreen. see here. [ADDED: 09/08/2012]
- NoteCipher - Allows you to store messages in a AES256bit Encrypted SQL database. [ADDED: 09/12/2012]
- GnuPG - GPG encryption for android (Uses busybox) [ADDED: 05/19/2013]
- Download the zip bellow
- Copy the zip to the sdcard
- Boot into recovery
- flash the zip from the sdcard
Please note: THIS IS BETA. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS BRICKS YOUR DEVICE. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
With that said I have successfully used this multiple (10) times on three different devices. Please report any bugs and issues.
Known Working Roms
- CM9 Official
- CM10 JellyBro
- CM10 EuroSkank AOSP
- Tested on CM9 Motorola Atrix 4G
- androidme aosp light v.1.1
- Codename Android JellyBean 3.3.0
- HTC One S Stock Rooted.
- Nexus S GSM CM9
- Galaxy S
- Galaxy Note N7000 CM9 Stable
Comming soon & Downloads
- Not working on Nexus 7 - Can someone test If it installs fine with TWRP on any device?
More apps will be added along the way. I will also be trying to get aroma set up so you can select what apps are installed.
All of these apps are released Open Source under their respective licences. All Credit goes to the developers of the apps. I have only bundled them into an easily installable zip file.
UPDATE: Thanks to Volk the installer is now Aroma! You can now select what apps you want installed and if you want to uninstall the old ones.
GPI Version 0.9.1
New: Updated all binaries, added GnuPG
Changes: Minor bug fixes. added GnuPG.
Please check your download against the checksum on the page
. For security please check the signature against the public key . To check the signature place both the ZIP and .sig file in the same folder and use any PGP/GPG program to import the public key and verify the signature. PM me for some suggested programs if you are unsure.
Depreciated - No Longer Available.:
Old versions have been pulled due to possible security issues.
Please mirror this download if you can. Also Any feedback is greatly appreciated. If this helps you please press thanks!
I also highly recomend you read this presentation
to see what inspired me to do this.
Guardian Project Installer
Current: Nexus 4 AOKP W/ SecDroid and Guardian Project Installer