Android App | Audio Enhancer | Alsa Mixer | NTFS full write support | Media Scanner filters | HDMI audio fix | sound fix | GPS quickFix
(Some of the features requires root)
K.A.T is now an android application that will do the work for you instead of the different flashable zips from before
KatKernel is available in a separate zip as to not get the application too big.
Through the years, and with the other tablets and roms I've played with, it seems to always end up with a bunch of scripts and enhancements, so the app that will try to make that more practical, and make your life easier
Main difference compared to the chinese tablets I played with before the TF101, is that we have sources for most components, so hopefully the fixes can be integrated directly into the roms for most.
Latest K.A.T version : K.A.T_V2.0.1.apk
1.5.2 | 1.5.1 | 1.5.0 | 1.4.2 | 1.4.1 | 1.4.0 - 1.3.2 - 1.3.1 - 1.2.7 - 1.2.5 - 1.2.4 - 1.2.3 - 1.2.2 - 1.2.0 - 1.1.7 - 1.1.6 - 1.1.4 - 1.1.3 - 1.1.2
- ability to control individually the volume mixers of the WM8903 chip (more controls will be added later)
- predefined optimized profiles that can be applied at boot and run time (custom user profiles will be available later on)
- Pre Amp Boost
- Speaker front boots( DAC L+R merge)
- Abitility to link Speakers and Headphone analog volume with the volume keys and cascade analog with android digital level.
(Only use the volume keys to control the volume in that case, do not use the digital android volume or another app)
- reinit FM34 DSP feature (in case you prefer not to install the "crap sound / mic fix", you can still reinit the dsp that way)
* Install section allows you to install the different patches/features and fixes
- HDMI & crap audio after Mic Fix (rom dependant)
- K.A.T MediaScanner Service (allows you to define filters and such at run time, see below)
- Ad-blocker (host file replacement)
- GPS quickerFix + assistance
- Allows you to configure the KAT MediaScanner filters (whitelist, blacklist, alwaysadd directories, disable scan completely)
- Allows you to mount / unmount drives (with full write NTFS support too)
KatKernel : See dedicated thread
See post #2 for more details.
See post #3 for compatibility reports, please report if a feature works for you (indicates which feature/version), and with which ROM/Kernel combination and versions you tested it with.
That way I can update the compatibility post.
Disclaimer: The usual
Use at your own risk, I won't be responsible for any damages caused to your Transformer or to yourself.
In most cases if something breaks, flashing a rom on top should fix it.
Please don't repackage or redistribute K.A.T in another thread, as it'll just make it very difficult for me to maintain and understand user feedback if your repackaged version is broken, has too many differences or is outdated.
Also feel free to mention that you've reused some of the K.A.T enhancements but don't call it K.A.T, as if you do that will just generate confusion in user's mind as to where and what is K.A.T.
- Dan Pollock for the original ad-blocker file http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/