OP Lexmazter

20th August 2012, 10:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 667

878 posts
Donate to Me
More
This ROM features a stable enviroment [the most stable tested by me so far], with the least number of bugs (with 366BB), and probably one of the best performances.
Features:
This ROM provides a default Portrait screen, it also has as the stock theme - TouchWizzedB (It looks like the Samsung ROM's, don;t know why i like it)
It features BeatsAudio, Bravia Engine and xLoud,
IIt provides a bootanimation and sound provided by Madhacker.
(if the bootsound is not on and you really want it, enter in terminal enablebootsound)
It also provides as the default launcher - GO Launcher Ex.
You can add software capacitive buttons in the taskbar - thanks to nom051205 < Zip below
It was tweaked for daily use.
Skype has not been fully fixed, but i found a workaround, after rebooting, call someone, or a number like 444 then close, it should work, tested multiple times and it worked, i'm going to try and make a script to get rid of this step. (sometimes it works without doing a thing, so i think it is about luck )

Also, skype seems to leave the speaker on after singning out creating a huge battery drain, if you experience this kind of issue please remove your Skype and install this one, then go to advanced settings (in skype) > sound settings > disable sign-in/out sounds and Force speaker off after calls.

With those workarounds provided above, you should have a seamless experience with Skype..
FAQ:
Q: Does it have USSD fix/Gapps/Phoenix Kernel?
Yes

Q: Is the WiFi stable?
With 366BB i have no problems with WiFi stability.

Q: Do i have to do a full factory reset if i come from other CM7 ROM?
No, just wipe dalvik cache, full factory reset is a must if you come from DSC/FroYo/Official 2.3.3.

Q: How do i flash 366BB?
You put your device in Fastboot, connect the USB and use a tool provided here or here.

Q: I can't install the ROM! Installation Aborted! (yeah, yeah, this is not a question..)
Open the zip file then you will see a folder, go into the folder, select all (meta.inf; system; boot.img) and re-zip those files and name it LXdroid 0.x.zip then flash it.

Credits to nom051205 for using his post almost copy-paste.

Q: What's wrong with Swype? It just FC's?
Install it manually, this should do the trick, you can find swype.apk in a link below.

Bootsound/Bootanimation Script Commands

Terminal commands for scripts:

enablebootsound - enables bootsound
bootsoundoff - turns bootsound off
bootsoundon - turns bootsound on after being turned off
newbootsound - /sdcard/android_audio.mp3 is copied as new bootsound
newbootanim - /sdcard/bootnanimation.zip is copied as new boot animation

(Probably you need to type su before those scripts, just saying...)

Credits go here.
Note: This is my first ROM, feedbacks and head-ups/tips would be welcomed in order to tweak it further.
--Added Screens for those who want to see something
You can upgrade to higher versions of LXdroid ROM without losing your data, just wipe Dalvik Cache!
LXdroid ROM 0.2 is provided as standalone flashable zip, it doesn't need 0.1 in order to work.
Download link: LXdroid ROM 0.2
Download link LXdroid ROM 0.1 (old, useless, not needed)

Download link swype.apk
Hotfixes for LXdroid 0.2 for Autobrightness FC and xLoud and Bravia permissions found here!
Quick tutorial aka Roadmap to a Custom ROM
-Download ADB/Fastboot tools + Drivers from here. (You need to install the drivers before you begin).
-Download MultiRecoveryFlasher from here.
-Download MultiBasebandFlasher from here or download dsp and baseband flasher by n0p and StreakOwner from here.
-Download a custom ROM like DSC (most stable in my opinion), Longhorn or, the one provided here.

Now let's get started for real!

1-Install the drivers.
2-Put your streak in fastboot by turning the phone off and after that powering on by holding down volume + power button.
3-Open MultiRecoveryFlasher and flash StreakMod recovery. Reboot.
4-Put your streak again in fastboot.
5-Open MultiBasebandFlasher and flash 366BB or the script provided alternatively (does the job all by itself ). Reboot.
6-Enter Recovery by turning the phone off and then powering on holding up volume + down volume + power button.
7-Select "Software upgrade via Update.pkg on Sd Card"
8-A Dell logo and an attention will appear, press power button once to show the menu.
9-Hit advanced to mount sdcard via PC, so the SD card will appear in you PC via recovery.
10-Copy the ROM you downloaded to the sdcard (preferably to root).
11-Hit back in recovery, choose install sdcard updade.zip, then choose zip from sdcard, browse for your zip, and hit the camera button then select yes.
12-After the installation is completed, hit back to the main screen of the recovery, and choose wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache partition, then choose advanced, wipe dalvik cache, wipe battery status.
13-(It is recommended to reboot again and do a factory reset from the dell recovery, White Letters)
14-The system will take some time to boot up, but you are done, enjoy your custom ROM.
-------------------------------In my opinion the fastest and easiest way to get a custom ROM--------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer:
This ROM was made primarly for my personal use, it provides elements from all over this Forum, Credits section thanks personally all and i thank more of them that are not listed there, it is based on CM7.2 mdpi by hPa, it has elements from Longhorn and others, as always do a nandroid backup just in case, and don't blame me for ruining your beloved streak, although i don't think you can .
Credits:
The people/teams that inspired me to do this:

-DSC Team / n0p - Kernel and many Tweaks.
-hPA - For porting CM7 to streak.
-Tenorntex - Some tweaks imported from Longhorn, dialing screen theme.
-nom051205 - Soft-Buttons flashable zip
-Madhacker - Bootanimation and sound.
-xda Forum - For a great enviroment, other ideeas and tweaks.
-Google - Great search engine, thanks for the Android OS
-Others

--If you want credits for something i have in my ROM and i forgot about you, please let me know and i will update this --
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1342631485415.jpg
Views:	5637
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1273168   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1344846694191.jpg
Views:	4857
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	1273169   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1345522493295.jpg
Views:	5813
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1273170   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1345522515341.jpg
Views:	5951
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1273175   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1345522504039.jpg
Views:	5429
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1273176   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1345522524309.jpg
Views:	4847
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1273177   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1345522544067.jpg
Views:	3861
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1273179   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1340997611584.jpg
Views:	4578
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1273180  
Attached Files
File Type: zip LX-ROM-SoftButton.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.82 MB, 711 views)
Last edited by Lexmazter; 24th December 2012 at 12:16 PM.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Lexmazter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Timisoara

878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Changelog:
0.3 - TBA

0.2 - 21 august 2012 - skype seems to be fixed, needs more testing, further improved performance, added BeatsAudio, Bravia Engine, xLoud, added stock Swype keyboard, bootsound enabled by default, disabled USB Debugging icon from Status Bar, (only the Icon, debugging remains enabled), maybe more - Kernel: DSC Phoenix Kernel Test 4

0.1 - 20 august 2012 - First release, good performance, things that work on all CM7 ROM's work on this one, things that don't work in all CM7 ROM's don't work in this one. - Kernel: DSC Phoenix Kernel Test 4
Last edited by Lexmazter; 24th December 2012 at 12:18 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lexmazter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 11:32 AM   |  #3  
Flag LUDHIANA
Thanks Meter: 241

1,793 posts
Donate to Me
More
Angry
I guess it has fixed CM settings (like setting cpu frequency from within the settings and fixed lockscreen on 160 or 180 ??
20th August 2012, 11:52 AM   |  #4  
Flag Timisoara

878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitin02

I guess it has fixed CM settings (like setting cpu frequency from within the settings and fixed lockscreen on 160 or 180 ??

You can see the CPU settings, freq's and governors but you can't change them from the CM settings, i've included AnTuTu CPU Master Free in the ROM, and the locksreen it works fine on Ring and Lense, Rotary and Sliding Tab are small and aligned to the left. so i would say that no, it doesn't have them fixed as i didn't needed them, but maybe i will look into it.

Personally i use Ring Style at lockscreen and dial screen, with one ring only at lock and the default Freqs (128-998 mhz , Conservative).
Last edited by Lexmazter; 20th August 2012 at 11:55 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexmazter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 12:09 PM   |  #5  
Flag LUDHIANA
Thanks Meter: 241

1,793 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexmazter

You can see the CPU settings, freq's and governors but you can't change them from the CM settings, i've included AnTuTu CPU Master Free in the ROM, and the locksreen it works fine on Ring and Lense, Rotary and Sliding Tab are small and aligned to the left. so i would say that no, it doesn't have them fixed as i didn't needed them, but maybe i will look into it.

Personally i use Ring Style at lockscreen and dial screen, with one ring only at lock and the default Freqs (128-998 mhz , Conservative).

if u can look into it i will be thankfull to u as i had to go back to froyo 351. b'coz of DSC wifi issue .
Thanks and is there no way to resolve cm settings frequncy issue
The Following User Says Thank You to jitin02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 01:01 PM   |  #6  
Flag Timisoara

878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitin02

if u can look into it i will be thankfull to u as i had to go back to froyo 351. b'coz of DSC wifi issue .
Thanks and is there no way to resolve cm settings frequncy issue

You can use alternative software, as i mentioned, there is SetCPU or CPU Master Free, and CPU Master doesn't stay always on in RAM and you can set it to Set frequencies on boot

I think that CM frequiencies support must be added from the kernel, so i don't think i can do something about it
Last edited by Lexmazter; 20th August 2012 at 01:28 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lexmazter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 01:28 PM   |  #7  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 20

119 posts
More
jamo59
Hello!
I like the ROM!
Only the Longhorn 2.9.1 Quadrant 2300 points for that!
The LXdroid only 0.1 points in 1408.
Well, it's a huge difference.
Test Battery, but the IGO primo 9 to be strong!
This looks like a very fast everything works properly (from my experience it!)
20th August 2012, 01:35 PM   |  #8  
Flag Timisoara

878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo59

Hello!
I like the ROM!
Only the Longhorn 2.9.1 Quadrant 2300 points for that!
The LXdroid only 0.1 points in 1408.
Well, it's a huge difference.
Test Battery, but the IGO primo 9 to be strong!
This looks like a very fast everything works properly (from my experience it!)

I made this ROM without testing Quadrant,i never trusted that benchmark , i tested with AnTuTu Benchmark and it is not a big difference from Longhorn to LXdroid, i still need to tweak something more, but the overall feel is smooth as butter in my experience and the battery life is just great for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lexmazter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 01:38 PM   |  #9  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 20

119 posts
More
jamo59
Whew!
Now, I see no Google Talk?
Even I test!
20th August 2012, 01:39 PM   |  #10  
Flag Timisoara

878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo59

Whew!
Now, I see no Google Talk?
Even I test!

You can download it from Google Play (Market), i don't use it so i didn't included it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, dell, gingerbread 2.3.7, stable, streak
Previous Thread Next Thread