[APP] Light Flow

OP jroyjohnson

20th August 2012, 01:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

68 posts
the developer has claimed the latest version on the play store is working for rooted phones, but I still am not having the best of success. I thought I'd start a thread and see how others are fairing.

The newest version has some improvement; being able to select different colors for different notifications and actually getting them to go off when you've pulled down the notification bar. however, it doesn't blink for me at all. When i get a text or email the corresponding light is a steady constant light if the screen is asleep. If you wake it up the light either disappears or only lights up very infrequently.

I've read some posts before the latest versions came out that some users had success getting it to work by actually turning Accessibility off. This seems to turn off the entire app for me.

anyone having better luck?
20th August 2012, 02:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I didn't have much luck with it either. The app itself would become very unresponsive over time and I'd have to kill its process for it to respond again. I'm pretty sure I read that he may add the pulsing light option to more of the indicators in the future, but it's not something that is supposed to work right now. (Aside from the selections that do pulse.)
20th August 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 6,452

5,783 posts
Donate to Me
More
mine works great via cm10 and aokp jb make sure you turn off system notification light pulse etc and then check
The Following User Says Thank You to justin860 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #4  
Flag columbia ky
Thanks Meter: 148

768 posts
More
Mine too..try a new rom fellers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
20th August 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 225

1,310 posts
you need to enable Samsung S3 mode. otherwise the light will stay green as for some reason in Samsung's software, "black" (off) is green and all the other colors are mixed.
20th August 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 54

1,086 posts
anyone know if there is going to be options of other color blinking lights? the only options are blue and red. I want other blinking colors. :P
21st August 2012, 12:32 AM   |  #7  
4528′N 0911′E
Thanks Meter: 173

645 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonjb

anyone know if there is going to be options of other color blinking lights? the only options are blue and red. I want other blinking colors. :P

He's added code that works with rooted phones and allows all normal colors to flash plus keeps flashing red and pulsing blue. But it doesn't support custom colors. I will say this dev has done a lot of work to overcome Samsung's screw up of LED color matrix on U.S, models. The version for unrooted US S3 didn't work at all for me on rooted phone. I don't what iteration of v3.0.5 he has on Play at the moment.
21st August 2012, 03:25 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 54

1,086 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo_b

He's added code that works with rooted phones and allows all normal colors to flash plus keeps flashing red and pulsing blue. But it doesn't support custom colors. I will say this dev has done a lot of work to overcome Samsung's screw up of LED color matrix on U.S, models. The version for unrooted US S3 didn't work at all for me on rooted phone. I don't what iteration of v3.0.5 he has on Play at the moment.

yea..thoes are all i have.. soon i suppose. Green, and Yellow and orange would be nice if they could blink.. lol
21st August 2012, 12:37 PM   |  #9  
Flag New Brunswick
Thanks Meter: 43

115 posts
More
I use the built in settings in paranoid android 1.9.6 no troubles, plus you specify apps for notification like lighflow, just a suggestion if you plan on trying another rom. I do love that app though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
22nd August 2012, 02:19 AM   |  #10  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 81

457 posts
Donate to Me
More
The app works flawlessly with blinking blue and blinking red for me. As stated above make sure you have the SG3 Mode enabled and Accessibility enabled. Andrew is really busting his tail to ge this working based on the US version problems. He is very close with e non-rooted version.

I would suggest starting by disabling all notification in Lighflow and then do one at a time. Also make sure you disable the LED in Android Settings because it conflicts.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
led, light flow, notification
Previous Thread Next Thread