XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Light Flow

Tip us?

jroyjohnson
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [APP] Light Flow

the developer has claimed the latest version on the play store is working for rooted phones, but I still am not having the best of success. I thought I'd start a thread and see how others are fairing.

The newest version has some improvement; being able to select different colors for different notifications and actually getting them to go off when you've pulled down the notification bar. however, it doesn't blink for me at all. When i get a text or email the corresponding light is a steady constant light if the screen is asleep. If you wake it up the light either disappears or only lights up very infrequently.

I've read some posts before the latest versions came out that some users had success getting it to work by actually turning Accessibility off. This seems to turn off the entire app for me.

anyone having better luck?

datamage
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I didn't have much luck with it either. The app itself would become very unresponsive over time and I'd have to kill its process for it to respond again. I'm pretty sure I read that he may add the pulsing light option to more of the indicators in the future, but it's not something that is supposed to work right now. (Aside from the selections that do pulse.)

justin860
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6445

DONATE TO ME
mine works great via cm10 and aokp jb make sure you turn off system notification light pulse etc and then check

The Following User Says Thank You to justin860 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JB calhoun
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Mine too..try a new rom fellers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

dLo GSR
Old
Thanks Meter 224
you need to enable Samsung S3 mode. otherwise the light will stay green as for some reason in Samsung's software, "black" (off) is green and all the other colors are mixed.
Nexus 5 - Kit-Kat 4.4
Nexus 7 - CM 10.2 Jelly Bean 4.3
Samsung Galaxy S III - CM 10.2 Jelly Bean 4.3
Motorola Atrix 4G - CM9 Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
Softbank 705px

eatonjb
Old
Thanks Meter 52
anyone know if there is going to be options of other color blinking lights? the only options are blue and red. I want other blinking colors. :P

eduardo_b
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonjb View Post
anyone know if there is going to be options of other color blinking lights? the only options are blue and red. I want other blinking colors. :P
He's added code that works with rooted phones and allows all normal colors to flash plus keeps flashing red and pulsing blue. But it doesn't support custom colors. I will say this dev has done a lot of work to overcome Samsung's screw up of LED color matrix on U.S, models. The version for unrooted US S3 didn't work at all for me on rooted phone. I don't what iteration of v3.0.5 he has on Play at the moment.

eatonjb
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo_b View Post
He's added code that works with rooted phones and allows all normal colors to flash plus keeps flashing red and pulsing blue. But it doesn't support custom colors. I will say this dev has done a lot of work to overcome Samsung's screw up of LED color matrix on U.S, models. The version for unrooted US S3 didn't work at all for me on rooted phone. I don't what iteration of v3.0.5 he has on Play at the moment.
yea..thoes are all i have.. soon i suppose. Green, and Yellow and orange would be nice if they could blink.. lol

cirusnb
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I use the built in settings in paranoid android 1.9.6 no troubles, plus you specify apps for notification like lighflow, just a suggestion if you plan on trying another rom. I do love that app though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Phone: Galaxy S III (Bell Canada) - SGH-I747M
Baseband: I747MVLUEMK5
Rom: CyanFox 2.02
Kernel: KT747 (Dec 20th)

BackUp: LG I930- [4.3] PacMan

Earthdog
Old
Thanks Meter 76

DONATE TO ME
The app works flawlessly with blinking blue and blinking red for me. As stated above make sure you have the SG3 Mode enabled and Accessibility enabled. Andrew is really busting his tail to ge this working based on the US version problems. He is very close with e non-rooted version.

I would suggest starting by disabling all notification in Lighflow and then do one at a time. Also make sure you disable the LED in Android Settings because it conflicts.
Quotes to Live by:

If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying about it. If it can't be solved, worrying will do no good.

Don't complain unless you are willing to offer a solution and participate in the solution. If not then SHUTUP!!!

Tags
led, light flow, notification