Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Light Flow

Tip us?

kingofdevils
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello, I have a curious issue; When I use Light Flow in my SGS3 (Europe) never enter in deep sleep. I try some configurations and I have same issue. Curious is first time I install it, SGS3 enter in deep sleep, but after first charge always works at 200mhz, never enter in deep sleep.

Sorry for my english!

andrewpmoore
Old
Thanks Meter 575

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofdevils View Post
Hello, I have a curious issue; When I use Light Flow in my SGS3 (Europe) never enter in deep sleep. I try some configurations and I have same issue. Curious is first time I install it, SGS3 enter in deep sleep, but after first charge always works at 200mhz, never enter in deep sleep.

Sorry for my english!
Try the following:
Go into your phone settings, accessibility and switch off and back on light flow.
Go into your phone settings->apps(or applications)->select light flow and make sure "show notifications" is checked.
Then restart your phone (ie power it off and back on)
Go into your phone settings, display, led indicators and make sure only "notifications" is checked.

Go into lightflow, settings and make sure all of the following are off:
Direct mode
S3 root mode
USA/Canada S3 mode.

Then go into lightflow, notifications, missed call and select the color red.
Press the phones "home" key and switch off the screen.

Then try get a missed call and see if the led flashes red.
Author of Light Flow
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewpmoore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingofdevils
Old
(Last edited by kingofdevils; 26th February 2013 at 05:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewpmoore View Post
Try the following:
Go into your phone settings, accessibility and switch off and back on light flow.
Go into your phone settings->apps(or applications)->select light flow and make sure "show notifications" is checked.
Then restart your phone (ie power it off and back on)
Go into your phone settings, display, led indicators and make sure only "notifications" is checked.

Go into lightflow, settings and make sure all of the following are off:
Direct mode
S3 root mode
USA/Canada S3 mode.

Then go into lightflow, notifications, missed call and select the color red.
Press the phones "home" key and switch off the screen.

Then try get a missed call and see if the led flashes red.
Thanks Andrew! now notifications works succesfully. Im try to charge and see if deep sleep works properly after one or two complete recharges.

EDIT: Deep sleep works properly too!

lkeops
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hi! I'm having some issues with wakelocks and LightFlow. I saw that while LightFlow is installed and wifi is enabled I have a lot wakelocks from wlan_ctrl_wake and wlan_rx_wake. I can't ensure that the wakelocks are originated by LightFlow but I have made several test and these are the results. If the wifi is disabled, that doesn't happen.

Thanks!

andrewpmoore
Old
Thanks Meter 575

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkeops View Post
Hi! I'm having some issues with wakelocks and LightFlow. I saw that while LightFlow is installed and wifi is enabled I have a lot wakelocks from wlan_ctrl_wake and wlan_rx_wake. I can't ensure that the wakelocks are originated by LightFlow but I have made several test and these are the results. If the wifi is disabled, that doesn't happen.

Thanks!
As lightflow doesn't have any association with wifi (or use any data connectivity) I can see how the two would be related. If you can try without wifi to see if you have the same issue.
Author of Light Flow

lkeops
Old
Thanks Meter 9
You are right. I confirmed it with some new tests. The wlan wakelocks are originated by any application that require transmit or receive data.

SoundsLegit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: [APP] Light Flow

I have a no rooted stock rogers i747m and this app talks when I move around on home screen and open folders. It starts announcing things. I have talk back disabled.... What gives.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

diablo009
Old
Thanks Meter 1340
Could you please add an option (atleast in the paid app) to allow the amount of time to test each color, or an option to test the color of an app right in the apps page itself, than go out, and then through a different menu? Its a lot time consuming to test for a color, esp if there are like many apps in the list.

T Mobile Galaxy S5: [ROM] AllianceRom - Build 2

AT&T Galaxy S5: [ROM] Stock Rooted

All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages

Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.

eatonjb
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009 View Post
Could you please add an option (atleast in the paid app) to allow the amount of time to test each color, or an option to test the color of an app right in the apps page itself, than go out, and then through a different menu? Its a lot time consuming to test for a color, esp if there are like many apps in the list.
so, sorry to ask this, I did not really get any info in the last few posts.

are the wake lock issues resolved yet? I love the concept of the app, but it is a bummer that it eats my battery!

andrewpmoore
Old
Thanks Meter 575

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsLegit View Post
I have a no rooted stock rogers i747m and this app talks when I move around on home screen and open folders. It starts announcing things. I have talk back disabled.... What gives.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app
See here: http://www.folioflow.com/lightflow/samsung.html

Samsung finally look like a fix will be coming with android 4.2

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonjb View Post
so, sorry to ask this, I did not really get any info in the last few posts.

are the wake lock issues resolved yet? I love the concept of the app, but it is a bummer that it eats my battery!
If you are on android 4.1 and don't use s3 root mode or s3 usa/canada mode it should be fine. Those other options were really there for the bugs in the samsung drivers for android 4.0

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009 View Post
There's a little test tubes icon at the top of the notifications pages which will just add the current notification into the stack of currently outstanding notifications.
Author of Light Flow

Tags
led, light flow, notification