Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOLKIT][GUI][MULTI-PLATFORM] Ultimate Backup Tool v2.0 - Full backup without root

Tip us?

thezet
Old
(Last edited by thezet; 16th February 2013 at 05:31 PM.) Reason: Solved
Thanks Meter 0
Default Quck question on CWM

Hey guys,

tried to find the answer in the forum without luck. I am trying to get CWM Touch on the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 and have two questions.

1. Which one is the correct one (S2 AT&T or SGH-I777) and what's the difference? (I know a different file is used). Mine is recognized by Kies at SGH-I777, and that's also the model description on the sticker in the back.

2. Choosing the one for I777, I get "/system/bin/sh: cannot create /cache/recovery/command: Permission denied" for the second and third command. I rooted with exynos abuse 1.4.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT: Solved, ADB shell did not have SU rights. Maybe this could be implemented in the script by checking. I did adb shell, followed by su manually installed it.

Alex

Darshan209
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Lost My Settings after restoring the backup

Trying to check whether the works fine for me, I made a backup and deleted some conversation from whatsapp. After restoring, I got the app data of whatsapp back , but all my settings were gone . My homescreen was blank including widgets and shortcuts . Did anyone face this kind of problem. And what can I do so it doesn't occur next time I restore?

massafranz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Crazy View Post
Hey guys
I had backed up my phone(app data) using the Ultimate Backup Tool and then I factory resetted my phone
After the reset I wasn't able to restore it
It comes "Restoration Started" and immediately "Restoration Ended"
None of my data was restored
I tried doing it manually from adb also but no use!
Can someone help me,
Thanks in advance!
I have the same problem, after my S3 LTE (GT-I9305) had to be replaced after a few weeks due to some hardware-issues.
When i try to restore the data, i get exactly the same response as described above.

bagarwa
Old
Thanks Meter 2641
First of all, I'd say a very good tool for backup; provided it works. I haven't tried 'restore' yet; so can't comment on that. Did backup a few times and this is my observation -
  1. Ran option 2. backup.ab created. Size 733MB.
  2. Deleted and ran option 2 again. Took much longer than first time. backup.ab size - 100 MB.
  3. Deleted and ran option 2 for third time. Took about the same time. backup.ab size - 465 MB.
I'm worried why is it creating backups of so widely varying size. Doesn't give me confidence that it is actually doing a full backup and not just grabbing whatever it can and leaving the rest.

Then I ran option 6. Immediately it deleted previously created backup.ab. Different options should create backup file with different name or at least warn that existing backup is going to be overwritten. Anyway, this time, the backup.ab is 410 MB. I'm guessing if I run option 6 again, it'll be different size.

Anyone, explanation?
UCCW Theme screens - Be amazed at what UCCW can do

Play Store | App Store | MyColorScreen | Wizard Work
My UCCW Skins for download - Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | XDA
Icon theme packs for Nova/Apex/ADW/Go Launcher - Part 1 | Part 2

stevez68
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagarwa View Post
First of all, I'd say a very good tool for backup; provided it works. I haven't tried 'restore' yet; so can't comment on that. Did backup a few times and this is my observation -
  1. Ran option 2. backup.ab created. Size 733MB.
  2. Deleted and ran option 2 again. Took much longer than first time. backup.ab size - 100 MB.
  3. Deleted and ran option 2 for third time. Took about the same time. backup.ab size - 465 MB.
I'm worried why is it creating backups of so widely varying size. Doesn't give me confidence that it is actually doing a full backup and not just grabbing whatever it can and leaving the rest.

Then I ran option 6. Immediately it deleted previously created backup.ab. Different options should create backup file with different name or at least warn that existing backup is going to be overwritten. Anyway, this time, the backup.ab is 410 MB. I'm guessing if I run option 6 again, it'll be different size.

Anyone, explanation?
I had the same problem, so i switched to carbon that works fine.

thu ya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Is it working for android 4.0 and below?

Is it working for android 4.0 and below?

Der-Knuffi
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Backup Option 5 does not work for Samsung Ace 2 on Android 4.1.2 (MB4, Beta).

CrEdge
Old
(Last edited by CrEdge; 2nd March 2013 at 03:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Default 0 bytes backup.ab

Hello, whenever I backup using any of the options, it always creates an empty file. I tap "Back up my data", then "Backup complete!" appears within 2 seconds,saving nothing.

USB Debugging is checked, my phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note on Android 4.1.2, which is supported according to the changelog. My system is Windows 7 64-bit with Samsung Kies installed, so it shouldn't be a driver problem.

Then I redownloaded it from chip.de, ran from a different directory, and changed the path to another drive. Same thing happened.

I tried to run as admin, but then it cannot find adb.bat. I tried 15., but it couldn't open output file.

Please help, the only thing that might be the cause is Android encryption of the phone, but that didn't interfere with Kies, ODIN, or anything else I tried.

Just tried Holo Backup with the same results. It said it requires the "Desktop backup password" set, which was enabled outside my memory.

Tried more things: reboot without SIM, different USB port, allow mock locations, and PTP connection, all not working. Then I tried changing the language, but get the attached error on 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, while option 4 closes the program.

None of the previous versions work as well, but didn't try the ones that need platform-tools.

I found out from an article that I need the "Desktop backup password", which I don't remember. Carbon needs it to be blank, so that doesn't work either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01-03-2013 21-23-12.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1773443  

technovore
Old
Thanks Meter 0
In OS X 10.6.8 I get:

'ackup_android_to_mac.sh: line 74: syntax error near unexpected token `in
'ackup_android_to_mac.sh: line 74: `case $input in

germangirl251@yahoo.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need help completing backup

I've been trying to get my Droid Razr backed up using this tool. I am able to start the backup successfully but after going through only a few steps the backup tells me it is complete when I know it is not. It stops at com.motorola.contextual.smartrules. I have tried disabling smart actions through settings with no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the backup to go all the way through?

Thank you. I appreciate any help or advice.

Tags
backup and restore, without root, without unlocked bootloader
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe