Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[TOOLKIT][GUI][MULTI-PLATFORM] Ultimate Backup Tool v2.0 - Full backup without root

OP Gigadroid

16th February 2013, 06:09 PM   |  #301  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quck question on CWM
Hey guys,

tried to find the answer in the forum without luck. I am trying to get CWM Touch on the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 and have two questions.

1. Which one is the correct one (S2 AT&T or SGH-I777) and what's the difference? (I know a different file is used). Mine is recognized by Kies at SGH-I777, and that's also the model description on the sticker in the back.

2. Choosing the one for I777, I get "/system/bin/sh: cannot create /cache/recovery/command: Permission denied" for the second and third command. I rooted with exynos abuse 1.4.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT: Solved, ADB shell did not have SU rights. Maybe this could be implemented in the script by checking. I did adb shell, followed by su manually installed it.

Alex
Last edited by thezet; 16th February 2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Solved
17th February 2013, 12:41 PM   |  #302  

4 posts
Lost My Settings after restoring the backup
Trying to check whether the works fine for me, I made a backup and deleted some conversation from whatsapp. After restoring, I got the app data of whatsapp back , but all my settings were gone . My homescreen was blank including widgets and shortcuts . Did anyone face this kind of problem. And what can I do so it doesn't occur next time I restore?
20th February 2013, 12:37 AM   |  #303  
Flag Ochsenfurt

1 posts
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Crazy

Hey guys
I had backed up my phone(app data) using the Ultimate Backup Tool and then I factory resetted my phone
After the reset I wasn't able to restore it
It comes "Restoration Started" and immediately "Restoration Ended"
None of my data was restored
I tried doing it manually from adb also but no use!
Can someone help me,
Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem, after my S3 LTE (GT-I9305) had to be replaced after a few weeks due to some hardware-issues.
When i try to restore the data, i get exactly the same response as described above.
21st February 2013, 06:35 AM   |  #304  
Flag Bothell
Thanks Meter: 2,675

975 posts
More
First of all, I'd say a very good tool for backup; provided it works. I haven't tried 'restore' yet; so can't comment on that. Did backup a few times and this is my observation -
  1. Ran option 2. backup.ab created. Size 733MB.
  2. Deleted and ran option 2 again. Took much longer than first time. backup.ab size - 100 MB.
  3. Deleted and ran option 2 for third time. Took about the same time. backup.ab size - 465 MB.
I'm worried why is it creating backups of so widely varying size. Doesn't give me confidence that it is actually doing a full backup and not just grabbing whatever it can and leaving the rest.

Then I ran option 6. Immediately it deleted previously created backup.ab. Different options should create backup file with different name or at least warn that existing backup is going to be overwritten. Anyway, this time, the backup.ab is 410 MB. I'm guessing if I run option 6 again, it'll be different size.

Anyone, explanation?
21st February 2013, 10:11 AM   |  #305  
Flag Milan

1 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagarwa

First of all, I'd say a very good tool for backup; provided it works. I haven't tried 'restore' yet; so can't comment on that. Did backup a few times and this is my observation -

1. Ran option 2. backup.ab created. Size 733MB.
  2. Deleted and ran option 2 again. Took much longer than first time. backup.ab size - 100 MB.
  3. Deleted and ran option 2 for third time. Took about the same time. backup.ab size - 465 MB.
I'm worried why is it creating backups of so widely varying size. Doesn't give me confidence that it is actually doing a full backup and not just grabbing whatever it can and leaving the rest.

Then I ran option 6. Immediately it deleted previously created backup.ab. Different options should create backup file with different name or at least warn that existing backup is going to be overwritten. Anyway, this time, the backup.ab is 410 MB. I'm guessing if I run option 6 again, it'll be different size.

Anyone, explanation?

I had the same problem, so i switched to carbon that works fine.
23rd February 2013, 11:07 AM   |  #306  

1 posts
Is it working for android 4.0 and below?
Is it working for android 4.0 and below?
26th February 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #307  
Thanks Meter: 52

245 posts
More
Backup Option 5 does not work for Samsung Ace 2 on Android 4.1.2 (MB4, Beta).
2nd March 2013, 09:32 AM   |  #308  
Thanks Meter: 5

40 posts
More
0 bytes backup.ab
Hello, whenever I backup using any of the options, it always creates an empty file. I tap "Back up my data", then "Backup complete!" appears within 2 seconds,saving nothing.

USB Debugging is checked, my phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note on Android 4.1.2, which is supported according to the changelog. My system is Windows 7 64-bit with Samsung Kies installed, so it shouldn't be a driver problem.

Then I redownloaded it from chip.de, ran from a different directory, and changed the path to another drive. Same thing happened.

I tried to run as admin, but then it cannot find adb.bat. I tried 15., but it couldn't open output file.

Please help, the only thing that might be the cause is Android encryption of the phone, but that didn't interfere with Kies, ODIN, or anything else I tried.

Just tried Holo Backup with the same results. It said it requires the "Desktop backup password" set, which was enabled outside my memory.

Tried more things: reboot without SIM, different USB port, allow mock locations, and PTP connection, all not working. Then I tried changing the language, but get the attached error on 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, while option 4 closes the program.

None of the previous versions work as well, but didn't try the ones that need platform-tools.

I found out from an article that I need the "Desktop backup password", which I don't remember. Carbon needs it to be blank, so that doesn't work either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01-03-2013 21-23-12.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1773443  
Last edited by CrEdge; 2nd March 2013 at 04:58 PM.
2nd March 2013, 03:56 PM   |  #309  
High Desert Laboratory

8 posts
Question
In OS X 10.6.8 I get:

'ackup_android_to_mac.sh: line 74: syntax error near unexpected token `in
'ackup_android_to_mac.sh: line 74: `case $input in
12th March 2013, 12:01 PM   |  #310  

3 posts
Need help completing backup
I've been trying to get my Droid Razr backed up using this tool. I am able to start the backup successfully but after going through only a few steps the backup tells me it is complete when I know it is not. It stops at com.motorola.contextual.smartrules. I have tried disabling smart actions through settings with no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the backup to go all the way through?

Thank you. I appreciate any help or advice.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup and restore, without root, without unlocked bootloader
Previous Thread Next Thread