Obsolete[How To]Streaming video buffering and quality fix & YouTube fix
Apparently this doesnt work on new bases. Just an fyi. I dropped this phone for one that everything works on. So I can't continue work on this.
I am no responsible for permanent damage, the world ending, zombies roaming the earth if it is a result of this thread/post. I should also mention that this probably won't work on an fully aosp rom like cm10 since stock dialer and probably an associated file is gone.
I'm a huge netflix user. While some mods show and suggest changing the proxy settings via ##3282# (the password is your msl code which you can get either from msl reader in market or asking sprint for it. If they ask just tell them you want a factory reset through the dialer) and your MSL code the RSTP and HTTP proxy settings to 0.0.0.0 port 0 I agree with the HTTP proxy being changed to fix YouTube however I would suggest only slightly modifying the HTTP proxy settings.
As we know changing the HTTP proxy to 0.0.0.0 port 0 fixes YouTube over 3g.
I was having some buffering a lot on Netflix. I adjusted the RSTP proxy port one up from 554 to 555 and found a profound improvement on streaming clarity and no buffering on 3g. Which makes some sense to me if all the HTC EVOs are using the 554 port and probably other phones that it would get congested.
1. Call sprint and ask for your MSL Code. (if they ask tell them you want to do a master reset through the dialer to fix an issue) or you can download MSL Reader from the Market>if you have ROOT< -->which is free its found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Njb2RlLm1zbCJd
2. Hit ##3282# and then "edit mode" enter in password (msl code)
3. Touch "advanced" (careful what you edit this whole menu may mess up radio service big time if not careful.)
4. Touch "RTSP/HTTP Setting"
5. For the known youtube fix put the HTTP Proxy at 0.0.0.0 and the HTTP Proxy port at 0
6 For the Netflix or other Video Streaming fix leave the RSTP proxy where it is and choose a new RSTP proxy port around the 554 default is my suggestion. I personally use 555.
7. Nothing else is needed just back out of the settings once these are changed. I would suggest a reboot but it may not be needed.
This is mainly theory but seems to have done the trick for me. I had the clearest Netflix I have ever had last night after changing the port. That went from buffering every five minutes just before.
Second night crystal clear no buffering on 3g for me.
Kinda sorta stuff from this a lil bit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=1816493<br />
and kinda sorta a tiny bit from this http://www.pocketables.com/2012/06/d...vo-4g-lte.html
The original settings are
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2