Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,867 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]data/app folder

Tip us?

theworldlord
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]data/app folder

hi. I wanted to put my user applications to data/app folder in my rom. so i put it. i builded and flashed my rom. but i didn't see them on my phone. they didn't installed. and i learned i must edit update_script. how can i edit this file ? what commands must be added ?
sorry for bad english.

saeed14i
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldlord View Post
hi. I wanted to put my user applications to data/app folder in my rom. so i put it. i builded and flashed my rom. but i didn't see them on my phone. they didn't installed. and i learned i must edit update_script. how can i edit this file ? what commands must be added ?
sorry for bad english.
I suggest you should PM some developer (rajrocks or any member of team cooper) in the Development section of 5830i to get help about such queries. I think people in the development section may be able to help u

Shaaan
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4636

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldlord View Post
sorry for bad english.
In the update script, you should set correct permissions to the data/app folder. The command should be something like "set perm_recursive(0,0,744) data/app"
But i suggest you to use the update script from retribution. It has been configured to be used universally!

___________XDA Premium__________
Don't be a noob. Be a newbie..!!
Details here.

STARTER'S GUIDE
Like my work ? Press the donate button.!

theworldlord
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeed14i View Post
I suggest you should PM some developer (rajrocks or any member of team cooper) in the Development section of 5830i to get help about such queries. I think people in the development section may be able to help u
thank u

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaaan View Post
In the update script, you should set correct permissions to the data/app folder. The command should be something like "set perm_recursive(0,0,744) data/app"
But i suggest you to use the update script from retribution. It has been configured to be used universally!

___________XDA Premium__________
Don't be a noob. Be a newbie..!!
Details here.