Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CM10] Thinkpad Tablet (v0.9)

Tip us?

p_razzi
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I seem to have Bluetooth issues with this build. Playing music through the service to a BT speaker is terribly choppy, playing only a few seconds before stuttering badly. The speaker works perfectly with other devices so I know it's the build. Also worked fine with the original Lenovo build.

Are we likely to see any advances on this version?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

martiniturbide
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi.

It will be great if Koshu or any other Android ROM developer can create an Android 4.3.3 version of the Thinkpad Tablet.

Maybe the developer can start asking for donation so we can try to raise some money to have an updated custom ROM on this tablet.

Regards.
Martin
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to martiniturbide For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Domskibus
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I've successfully flashed the current version of this ROM and it's great. A way faster than the original one.
Just one question: Is there any specific configuration to get the stylus working? Mine does not work, but it could also be possible that the stylus battery is simply down.
In general: Would the stylus work anywhere or just in a Note-Application?

Thanks!

explit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domskibus View Post
I've successfully flashed the current version of this ROM and it's great. A way faster than the original one.
Just one question: Is there any specific configuration to get the stylus working? Mine does not work, but it could also be possible that the stylus battery is simply down.
In general: Would the stylus work anywhere or just in a Note-Application?

Thanks!
Your Stylus battery is empty. Buy a new AAAAN Battery and be happy. Stulus works everywhere in TPT CM0

explit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello Guys!

Any news here ?
The CM10 0.9.2 ROM is really cool, I use it on my TPT and I`m really happy with it.
The only things which drive me crazy are:

"Black screen of death" After press the power button to switch the display off and put the TPT in the bag, it doesn`t wake up after half an hour. I must switch the TPT off an than on. WIFI is always enabled, LCD Sleep is set to 30min.

What can be the Problem ?

THe second Problem are the "Hangs" of the TPT. If I have 2 or 3 Apps running, often the TPT hangs inside the App for a while. Sometime it is back after 1-2 Minutes, some time I must restart the TPT.

In the perferences i set an option to kill an Hanging App with the long press of the Back-Button. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

In the performance Menu in the Settings I set the CPU Frequncy scaling to Interactive. Which option is better ?

I think all this Problems and little bugs are because we drive the TPT with the old ICS-Kernel (2.6.x), while JB usually use newer 3.xx Kernel.
Any possibility to compile a newer Kernel for our TPTs ?

Thank you for every advice !

dibblebill
Old
Thanks Meter 644
My brother's ThinkPad tablet has died completely and totally.

Sent from my HTC One (Sense 5.5)
Lord of the Snarkô
ROM's:
Tempest [OmniROM] 4.4 (Manta) (m7att)

jk7gr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default mirror for the 3g patch

Hi Koshu
Can you please send me a link for a mirror for the 3g patch?

Thanks

rickinoz
Old
(Last edited by rickinoz; 29th June 2014 at 06:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk7gr View Post
Hi Koshu
Can you please send me a link for a mirror for the 3g patch?
@jk7gr and anyone else still using a TPT

This project has been deprecated but the ROM and recovery are functional as is.

Koshu still gets full credits - I've just re-upped the relevant files to Mega.

ROM version 0.9.2
3G modem patch
CWM recovery

Instructions to flash recovery are on this post
Enter recovery by rebooting while holding Vol+
Flash ROM and patch together in CWM
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rickinoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Koshu
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 448

DONATE TO ME
Hey there,

sorry for the (really really) late reply. A lot of things changed in my life and this project somehow was covered under a huge stack of other things i needed to do. I don't think that i will resume it, cause lack of time but I'm happy to see that there are still people which are using the good old lenovo. Since my linkes went down together with ubuntu one i will link the OP to rickinoz post like he suggested himself (thanks for keeping the files uploaded).

Greets,
koshu
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koshu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pasper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt New beginning possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshu View Post
Hey there,

sorry for the (really really) late reply. A lot of things changed in my life and this project somehow was covered under a huge stack of other things i needed to do. I don't think that i will resume it, cause lack of time but I'm happy to see that there are still people which are using the good old lenovo. Since my linkes went down together with ubuntu one i will link the OP to rickinoz post like he suggested himself (thanks for keeping the files uploaded).

Greets,
koshu
Hello together
Nice to hear from you koshu,

Maybe someone else will go further and you are able to give him some advice - since lenovo has given us the driver bins there is a possibility for a new kernel as well a higher android version, possible kitkat can be cooked!

Best regards,
Pasper