OP fattire

24th August 2012, 12:25 AM   |  #21  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,510

1,550 posts
Tablet On blobs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafase282

Edit: got it from a stock rom I guess this is cause I'm using EOS build.

Not sure if this is your issue, but the google-provided blobs don't give you all the props that you have on the device. Any build using only google's props may be missing funcitonality like camera and possibly some other stuff. To get all the props you must pull them from your stock device (or the factory image, I assume) using the extract-files.sh and setup-makefiles.sh scripts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #22  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 320

1,537 posts
Donate to Me
More
I will try to go to stock rooted them. Either way I'm still unable to build and I still don't know why the computer shutdown, is it over heat or what?
24th August 2012, 12:51 AM   |  #23  
OP Recognized Developer

1,550 posts
The whole computer just shut down... as it restarted? Do you mean the vm or the whole machine?

It shouldn't do that. Sounds like overheating or hardware failure or something... what OS?
The Following User Says Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2012, 01:38 AM   |  #24  
Flag Bronx

1,537 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattire

The whole computer just shut down... as it restarted? Do you mean the vm or the whole machine?

It shouldn't do that. Sounds like overheating or hardware failure or something... what OS?

Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits Desktop 6 cores amd/ati 16 gb ram

The whole machine would shutdown. It doesn't always do it. But since yesterday it has been 3 times when trying to build.

Quote:

host Executable: rsg-generator (out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/rsg-generator_intermediates/rsg-generator)
out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/rsg-generator_intermediates/rsg_generator.o: file not recognized: File truncated
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/rsg-generator_intermediates/rsg-generator] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

24th August 2012, 02:19 AM   |  #25  
OP Recognized Developer

1,550 posts
Kernel panic maybe? Are you overclocking? Use something like gkrellm to monitor the system before it goes down and check the logs after you reboot...
24th August 2012, 05:13 AM   |  #26  
Flag Bronx

1,537 posts
Donate to Me
More
Still a no go. I'm not getting the shutdown, it is very random i guess. But I still cant compile. I used the stock image to get the files but still no build.

Also the first error I notice is the src directory not found.
24th August 2012, 07:41 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 8

137 posts
i know this is a random question but i have downloaded one of the official nightly builds off of cyanogenmod's site.

i want to know how to disable the software key fuction of holding the home key bringing up the recents app menu. im trying to use google now but it keeps bringing up recent apps menu and its driving me insane
24th August 2012, 08:55 AM   |  #28  
OP Recognized Developer

1,550 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie743

i know this is a random question but i have downloaded one of the official nightly builds off of cyanogenmod's site.

i want to know how to disable the software key fuction of holding the home key bringing up the recents app menu. im trying to use google now but it keeps bringing up recent apps menu and its driving me insane

To use google now, I believe if you simply swipe up from the apps icon to the "google" icon which will appear, that should take you to google now.

As for two posts up, your computer should NEVER just shut down spontaneously. Can you do a memtest or stress test (download and run mprime's stress test) and see if you have bad memory or perhaps a bad cpu?
24th August 2012, 10:16 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 26

224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattire

Not sure if this is your issue, but the google-provided blobs don't give you all the props that you have on the device. Any build using only google's props may be missing funcitonality like camera and possibly some other stuff. To get all the props you must pull them from your stock device (or the factory image, I assume) using the extract-files.sh and setup-makefiles.sh scripts.

This is correct. I have been compiling AOSP for my GN and for the N7 and on the N7 the camera and gyro did not work on my builds. I figured out how to get the camera working but still need to extract files for gyro fix. I have compiled CM9 in the past but still haven't tried CM10.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
24th August 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #30  
Flag evanston, il
Thanks Meter: 16

203 posts
More
uhg...have everything downloaded and running on VBox/Linux on a Win7 Compaq 6910p 2Ghz duo 2gig ram @32bit...sluggy(ish) but working...i have another one of these laptops with a dead drive, i think i'm just going to buy a 500gb SSD/Hybrid and install just Ubuntu on it. regardless, very exciting thread! will there be a Q&A thread started for this or is this going to be it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
building, cyanogenmod, nexus, recovery, walkthrough
Previous Thread Next Thread