Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Manual JB update. Soft-bricked my TF300T?

Tip us?
 
benoror
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Unhappy Manual JB update. Soft-bricked my TF300T?

Hi ppl!

First, my device failed to get the OTA Update because I deleted some system apps (see my original post).

Then I found this post where another user restored original APKs in /system/apps and managed to manually update to JB by downloading the dlpkgfile in this post.

So I proceed, restored my /system/apps (with 755 permissions), rooted with OTA RootKeeper and SuperSU, placed the dlpkgfile and command files, restarted to fastboot (Power+Vol Down) and entered Recovery mode.

The green android with the blue progress bar went for over 10 minutes, then ... the android with the RED TRIANGLE appeared

After a minute or so the device restarted, an ASUS logo with a blue progress bar ran, but then it got stuck in the ASUS logo.

I'm still able to restart to fastboot (Power+Vol Down), where a message appears:

Code:
Android cardhu-user bootloader (1.00 e) released by "US_epad-10.4.2.9-20120809" A03
, and where I have 4 choices:

1. RCK: Recovery mode, when I select this the Red Triangle appears again.
2. Android: Normal android boot, gets freeze right away
3. Fastboot USB download protocol: Tried using ADB, but don't really know what it is. Here's an image of how the device appear in my Windows PC
4. Wipe Data: Already done this, seems to wipe user data, but still gets stuck on ASUS logo

Some pictures I took of my device: http://imgur.com/I13ou http://imgur.com/Jezpn

I also tried downloading .30 firmware from ASUS website and placing the Zip contents in my SD card, then booting recovery but no luck.

It's pretty awful that everything went so bad, I'm hoping there is a solution.

Anything would be really appreciated!!!

Thanks!
 
seshaz
Old
#2  
seshaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 1,097
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tucson
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoror View Post
Hi ppl!

First, my device failed to get the OTA Update because I deleted some system apps (see my original post).

Then I found this post where another user restored original APKs in /system/apps and managed to manually update to JB by downloading the dlpkgfile in this post.

So I proceed, restored my /system/apps (with 755 permissions), rooted with OTA RootKeeper and SuperSU, placed the dlpkgfile and command files, restarted to fastboot (Power+Vol Down) and entered Recovery mode.

The green android with the blue progress bar went for over 10 minutes, then ... the android with the RED TRIANGLE appeared

After a minute or so the device restarted, an ASUS logo with a blue progress bar ran, but then it got stuck in the ASUS logo.

I'm still able to restart to fastboot (Power+Vol Down), where a message appears:

Code:
Android cardhu-user bootloader (1.00 e) released by "US_epad-10.4.2.9-20120809" A03
, and where I have 4 choices:

1. RCK: Recovery mode, when I select this the Red Triangle appears again.
2. Android: Normal android boot, gets freeze right away
3. Fastboot USB download protocol: Tried using ADB, but don't really know what it is. Here's an image of how the device appear in my Windows PC
4. Wipe Data: Already done this, seems to wipe user data, but still gets stuck on ASUS logo

Some pictures I took of my device: http://imgur.com/I13ou http://imgur.com/Jezpn

I also tried downloading .30 firmware from ASUS website and placing the Zip contents in my SD card, then booting recovery but no luck.

It's pretty awful that everything went so bad, I'm hoping there is a solution.

Anything would be really appreciated!!!

Thanks!
You don't have a recovery to boot into

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
 
benoror
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
OK, I found this tutorial about flashing ASUS firmware with fastboot: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to...back-to-stock/

The problem is that the following commands:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system US_epad-user-9.4.3.30.zip

both produce the error: "Signature mismatch"

I guess it's becaus my fastboot is newer version, since it was actually installed during the JB update, but I'm trying to flash a older .30 firmware.

I gues I will have to wait ASUS releases the new firmware for manual flashing it.

Just guessing...
 
funnel71
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 167
Posts: 810
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoror View Post
OK, I found this tutorial about flashing ASUS firmware with fastboot: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to...back-to-stock/

The problem is that the following commands:

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system US_epad-user-9.4.3.30.zip

both produce the error: "Signature mismatch"

I guess it's becaus my fastboot is newer version, since it was actually installed during the JB update, but I'm trying to flash a older .30 firmware.

I gues I will have to wait ASUS releases the new firmware for manual flashing it.

Just guessing...
Thank you for posting this. I wanted to try something like this with the new boot loader that came with jb but it appears flashing the older firmware will not work.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app
 
benoror
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnel71 View Post
Thank you for posting this. I wanted to try something like this with the new boot loader that came with jb but it appears flashing the older firmware will not work.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app
You're welcome. So, do you have a clue on how to restore my older bootloader soy I can get back to .30 stock?
 
funnel71
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 167
Posts: 810
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoror View Post
You're welcome. So, do you have a clue on how to restore my older bootloader soy I can get back to .30 stock?
That is exactly what I'm wanting to know if it's even possible. If I can safely downgrade, I can re-root, but I'm limited on what I can do with a locked bootloader.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app
 
kindrudekid
Old
(Last edited by kindrudekid; 22nd August 2012 at 07:03 PM.)
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 233
Join Date: Dec 2011
peopole!!! new firmware is out!!!

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee...teLauncher.zip


here is a direct download link!!! US version only!!!

PS: im pushing using
Quote:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
[blob extracted from the above zip]
okay asus animated boot is up and i seem to successfully unbrick my device!!!!


Screens http://imgur.com/a/D7wqI
 
DuneBug
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 52
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindrudekid View Post
peopole!!! new firmware is out!!!

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee...teLauncher.zip


here is a direct download link!!! US version only!!!

PS: im pushing using


[blob extracted from the above zip]
okay asus animated boot is up and i seem to successfully unbrick my device!!!!


Screens http://imgur.com/a/D7wqI
I don't know you mate..
But I'm so happy for you!! Glad everything worked out well! Cheers!!
 
benoror
Old
(Last edited by benoror; 22nd August 2012 at 08:04 PM.)
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jul 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Same Here!!!

Flashing the new ASUS firmware unbricked my device!!!!

Please mark this topic as SOLVED

ASUS should really make this process easier.

Thanks for all the support!

Greetings.
 
uelabs
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default soft bricked?

I dont see how this is solved......I have seen some people comment they have no fastboot or recovery,
I tried to do manual update in cwm and when I rebooted with adb all I have is asus boot logo, it also does not say I have an unlocked bootloader,
I have no fastboot no recovery no adb connect all I have is asus boot logo.......volume+-power does nothing vol down + power also does nothing.

how do you flash new firmware without adb or any type of recovery?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more