Simple IO Scheduler (SIO) for rooted LG optimus 4X
First of all I didnt come up with this method. However it is tested successfully by me on a Swedish rooted phone running V10D. I am not responsible for what you do to your device after installing this mod. You are responsible for your own actions! Batoo is the creator of this mod and thank him for his awesome work.
This scheduler is created for Asus transformer prime (and 300T). However as our LG 4X share the same Tegra3 chip it is working well.
Mods: as this is scheduler and development related mod I am posting in development section. Should you have any concerns feel free to move it to relevant sections. Thanks.
This mod works only on rooted phone. Read here on how to root http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1818502
1. Download ATP_Tweak_SysTune.apk app from this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1714253
2. Install ATP_Tweak_SysTune.apk
3. Open ATP Tweak app
4. It will show the current scheduler (should be "noop") and also available schedulers (again only "noop")
5. On the bottom right you ll see list of schedulers you can install. (in case you dont see just tilt your phone horizontally and you ll see all the text. This app is originally created for tablets
6. Select sio-iosched
7. Of course it ll ask for root permission and click always accept/grant
8. On top you ll notice "sio" in the available schedulers along with "noop"
9. Select SIO scheduler and also select "Set Scheduler On Startup"
and you are done.
Do not delete ATP tweak app. If you do it ll remove the SIO on reboot. And you now know how to remove the scheduler if you dont want it anymore.
I've been using SIO for quite sometime and my phone is really snappy (and it is not just placebo) and battery seems to be better despite being on interactive governor. For those you are crazy about benchmark scores, I tried doing some with both SIO and NOOP. SIO did score higher in all my tests thou not by big margin. Attached are some if you care.
I've not tried installing any other scheduler as from my experience (on SGS2, Asus Transformer Prime and now LG 4X) SIO runs much better than other schedulers. Feel free to try and let us know how it goes.
PS: I am not the creator of this mod and so pls dont flame me if something goes wrong. However I am happy to help if there is anything I can help you with. Thanks.