Hi, my friends...
First, a BIG thanks to
- Manoranjan2050 for his quick guidance [GUIDE] and lots and lots of help!!
- Maroc-OS for his support and helping me in development..
- Millan.SIS for providing CWM tool..
This is my first contribution to XDA...
I made this kernel from source code provided by Samsung "Opensource.samsung.com" For Galaxy Y Duos Device.. source file "GT-S6102_GB_Opensource.zip" .Please read this whole post before you install this kernel in your device..
Source code link is in my signature.
My reason for this kernel is to have these:
1. A fine tuned kernel for my daily use.
2. compatible with all rom.
3. simple, compact, yet still customizable
4. more battery life (if possible..)
5. good performance
Current features of 1.2.6:
- CPU FREQ:
- NETFILTER (Firewall support)
- Swap support
- CPU Governors: To know about governors click here
- SmartassV2 --> Balanced(name changed to identify easily)
- LAZY --> BattSaver(changed name)
- Wheatley --> Turbodroid
- I/O Schedulers: To know about I/O click here
- INIT.D support (provided by Manoranjan2050 )
More info on init.d click here go below in that post.
- Busybox support (provided by Manoranjan2050 )
- Custom Boot logo (Improved quality)
- Ext4 Support. (Ext3 and 2 are supported too)
- NTFS support
- BACEM TWEAK included.
- Battery life improved..
- Performance tweaked..
- A2SD Supported
Download files required from next(2nd) post of this thread.. or click here
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:If you don't understand any step or if you need info related to kernel, please ask in this thread. Anyone will help.. Just Don't forget to hit thanks button to them later
- Copy these files inside SDCard.. CompactV1.2.5.zip (kernel), CWM-6102.zip (ClockWorkMod Recovery tool)
Note: Don't keep these files inside any "FOLDERS".. Just copy it to SDCard root (parent) folder..
- Switch off your mobile.
After a small vibration (switch off confirmation) PRESS and HOLD 3 BUTTONS (VOLUME UP+HOME BUTTON+POWER BUTTON)
when samsung galaxy logo appears, release the 3 pressed keys..
- After few seconds.. You will see Android system recovery (red text with 4 options lines)..
Select "apply update from sdcard"
Note: (Volume up+down for "scrolling" through options or selection of files, home button for "select" any option.. in CWM only: power button for "back" option)
Then Select "CWM-6102.zip".
- ClockworkMod Recovery v220.127.116.11 is loaded now.
Select "install zip from sdcard"
Select "choose zip from sdcard"
Scroll and Select "CompactV1.2.5.zip" and select "Yes"
Wait till the menu appears again..
- Select "Reboot system now" and you have successfully installed Compact kernel.
Copy notes: If you want to try to improve this kernel by modifying it or use it to create your own.. Please feel free to do it.. If you give credit then thanks.. If not no problem.. share and share and share more!!
USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.. IT WORKS FINE AS CONFIRMED FROM ALL TESTERS BUT .....!
CREDITS:PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT SOMEONE'S NAME IN CREDITS!! I'M REALLY SORRY IF I DID.. You can hit me and i will add you right away!!
Irfanbagus for bug fix of source code and BACEM TWEAK..
Kurotsugi for providing guidance and source of his kernel.
Manoranjan2050 for ALL the help with bug fixes, guidance and source code fix!!
Maroc-OS for providing tips and help and info for development and ramdisk..
Millan.SIS for providing valuable CWM and flash tool.
and Savie for providing tips and info.
you for supporting me
Special thanks for supporting my work!
If you got problems or if you wish to have stock kernel back.. DOWNLOAD Latest Stock Kernel(My own DDLG1 update) Its a CWM flashable zip.. So to install go to CWM and install
If you want to revert back to your old kernel. just rename Oldboot.img file to boot.img and replace it to Compact.zip file and follow installation procedure to install it.. Thanks for reading this!