5,595,815 Members 35,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you think this thread is helping with unneeded threads from popping up?
Yes! less threads asking common or stupid stuff 11 61.11%
No. but Like the idea 7 38.89%
NO! Hate everything about this thread! 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Stupid Questions Thread- No Question too stupid! I promise!

Tip us?

ShadyAce80
Old
(Last edited by ShadyAce80; 16th October 2012 at 01:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Red face Stupid Questions Thread- No Question too stupid! I promise!

This thread is for those who have what they may feel is a stupid or simple question. Please read through the thread and use the search first. I know Google doesn't always like to make it easy to find answers, so lets work together to give answers where we can. And please remember you will be reported for flaming others.

Remember, the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.

Thanks goes to lumin30 for coming up with this idea. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1494423
Phones:SGS3
SGS4g(unlocked)
If I helped or you like what I have to say hit thanks!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ShadyAce80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadyAce80
Old
(Last edited by ShadyAce80; 23rd August 2012 at 02:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
RESERVED
SGS4g(unlocked)

CBridges
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Photo deletion

Hi. I have some albums on my phone I would like to delete and cannot figure it out, even with google. They are the instant upload and then another with the same instant upload circle thing in the bottom left corner. I'd really like them gone and don't want it to happen anymore. Can anyone help? Thank you.

ShadyAce80
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBridges View Post
Hi. I have some albums on my phone I would like to delete and cannot figure it out, even with google. They are the instant upload and then another with the same instant upload circle thing in the bottom left corner. I'd really like them gone and don't want it to happen anymore. Can anyone help? Thank you.
I was having the same issue and the only thing I was able to do was change the view. I am using the stock gallery and if you touch the menu button, select "view by" and then select "content in device." I hope this helps some.
SGS4g(unlocked)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShadyAce80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CBridges
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyAce80 View Post
I was having the same issue and the only thing I was able to do was change the view. I am using the stock gallery and if you touch the menu button, select "view by" and then select "content in device." I hope this helps some.
Thank you! This is really all I needed. I appreciate your help!

peeempz619
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default Ext SD-Card

Does anyone know how to make the external SD card your default? Especially for photos taken and stored?

TheFiveDots
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeempz619 View Post
Does anyone know how to make the external SD card your default? Especially for photos taken and stored?
There's an option in the camera settings to save to external SD. (Assuming you're on stock Samsung ROM).
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFiveDots For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zmore
Old
Thanks Meter 869
Hi.

What do batteries run on?

Also, if I melt some dry ice, can I liquid cool my phone without it getting wet?
Primary Phone: Note3 (SM-N900T); ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat 4.4.*); kernel: Stock @ 2.3GHz; misc: Incipio DualPro; 64GB class10 microSDXC
Primary Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012); ROM: CM11
Working museum piece: SGS1 Captivate (SGH-i897); ROM: CM11; kernel: Stock @ 1.0GHz
(Other devices: Nexus 10 (stock); Retired devices: SGS3 (SGH-i747), Kindle Fire (otter), OG Galaxy Tab 7, ...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zmore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peeempz619
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFiveDots View Post
There's an option in the camera settings to save to external SD. (Assuming you're on stock Samsung ROM).
Thanks for this! I'm not on stock ROM but I looked around in the settings and found it!
The Following User Says Thank You to peeempz619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheFiveDots
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeempz619 View Post
Thanks for this! I'm not on stock ROM but I looked around in the settings and found it!
No problem. Any TouchWiz based ROM should have the stock camera and it should be there. CM10/AOKP ROMs do not have this option yet.