5,594,700 Members 33,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you think this thread is helping with unneeded threads from popping up?
Yes! less threads asking common or stupid stuff 11 61.11%
No. but Like the idea 7 38.89%
NO! Hate everything about this thread! 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Stupid Questions Thread- No Question too stupid! I promise!

Tip us?

xBeerdroiDx
Old
Thanks Meter 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ggerhappy07 View Post
What's the difference between cwm and touch cwm? Also kernels. What are they and what's the reason for changing them?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Cwm requires you to use the physical buttons on your phone to navigate in recovery mode. "touch" cwm allows you to do just that: touch your screen. Info about what a kernel is and how it's employed can be found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...nel#The_kernel

Read up. It's good info

The All-In-One Guides for the Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 - I337 and Galaxy S3 - I747
The Following User Says Thank You to xBeerdroiDx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droid_funktionz
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I have tried out a few different various 4.2.1 - 4.2.2 aokp roms and I have found a few that I like a lot.

Question is I have noticed in many of the screenshots for the various roms the lockscreen shows more than 5 lockscreen targets. How do you make more than 5? Mine only seems to allow 5 by default.

I am currently on task 650 btw. I appreciate the help.

oddspec
Old
Thanks Meter 1263
Default Re: Stupid Questions Thread- No Question too stupid! I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid_funktionz View Post
I have tried out a few different various 4.2.1 - 4.2.2 aokp roms and I have found a few that I like a lot.

Question is I have noticed in many of the screenshots for the various roms the lockscreen shows more than 5 lockscreen targets. How do you make more than 5? Mine only seems to allow 5 by default.

I don't know if its been added back in to tasks aokp since it just went to 4.2.2 but I can make 8 targets on slimbean

sent from the samsung galaxy airplane (i747)
The Following User Says Thank You to oddspec For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ariestotle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid_funktionz View Post

You could also try Widgetlocker. It satisfied all my lockscreen needs.

oilers2010
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Went back to stock after trying tasks AOKP and thinking about trying CM 10.1 M1. But I'm curious how stable it is in terms of LTE with Rogers.
HTC ONE

pkimkpop
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default developmental settings

Hi can you please help I some how enabled developmental settings in liquid smooth rom and I want to disable it. I was pressing on the "build number" box

bdithug
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Default Re: Stupid Questions Thread- No Question too stupid! I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkimkpop View Post
Hi can you please help I some how enabled developmental settings in liquid smooth rom and I want to disable it. I was pressing on the "build number" box
Go into settings, scroll to the bottom where you see developer settings, click it, the first option should be to disable them. If not, just un check every option in there to disable all developer settings.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

SRTGS300
Old
(Last edited by SRTGS300; 18th February 2013 at 06:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
I'd like to go back to stock or find a ROM that has a functioning multiwindow other than Synergy, I flashed the wrong version and it gave me a headache with all the different versions. Ive been searching but I cant find a way to go back to stock without unrooting. Can someone send me a link? TIA
- Note i717 | Epic Touch 4G

- Rooted (ROM jumping atm) | Stock rooted

- Hyperion 5000 mAh Battery | Gorilla Gadgets 3500 mAh Battery

xBeerdroiDx
Old
Thanks Meter 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTGS300 View Post
I'd like to go back to stock or find a ROM that has a functioning multiwindow other than Synergy, I flashed the wrong version and it gave me a headache with all the different versions. Ive been searching but I cant find a way to go back to stock without unrooting. Can someone send me a link? TIA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2098526

The All-In-One Guides for the Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 - I337 and Galaxy S3 - I747

Cholerabob
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I did a backup today with CM and i noticed the name of the backup was wrong ... It was give the name 1970-07-25 ....Isn't it supposed to be the date it was done on ?