Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 45,338 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you think this thread is helping with unneeded threads from popping up?
Yes! less threads asking common or stupid stuff 11 61.11%
No. but Like the idea 7 38.89%
NO! Hate everything about this thread! 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Stupid Questions Thread- No Question too stupid! I promise!

Tip us?

zmore
Old
Thanks Meter 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ends View Post
have to answ
Theres a little pink bunny beating on a big bass drum. The faster he beats the more electricity your battery puts out. When he gets tired you plug your phone up so he can rest. You know he's well rested when you see 100%. Then he does it all over again. Amazing.
Amazing times we live in with miniature pink robot bunnies keeping our phones running! Wish my eyes were smaller so I could see inside of the battery and say "HI BUNNAY! THANKYOU!"

Quote:
Someone else will have to answer your dry ice question. dry ice floats
It floats?! Are you thinking what I'm thinking? If we strap some ice to our phone and hold on tight we can float up to the cottoncandy clouds and eat all we want! Yum
Primary Phone: Note3 (SM-N900T); ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat 4.4.*); kernel: Stock @ 2.3GHz; misc: Incipio DualPro; 64GB class10 microSDXC
Other devices: Nexus 10 (stock), Moto X (GSM, unlocked & rooted)
Retired devices: SGS1 Captivate (SGH-i897) (internal flash died), SGS3 (SGH-i747), Nexus 7 (2012), Kindle Fire (otter), OG Galaxy Tab 7, ...)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zmore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bubbajoe40356
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,114

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyAce80 View Post
LMAO thanks. Exactly what I am entitled to.
Clicked you thanks for the much needed laugh.

[QUOTE=mrhaley30705;30627362]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajoe40356 View Post
http://www.google.com/

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Whatever your into.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Of course we are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

"If you got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow" ...
John Wayne

My Theme Chooser Themes
^ Click That

Wanna Learn to Theme?<Click That
Best post EVER
< Click that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubbajoe40356 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadyAce80
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Ok so I've read couple thousand post today searching for answers. So far I think I have everything figured out except "device status." is it possible to get it back to normal if it says modified?
Phones:SGS3
SGS4g(unlocked)
If I helped or you like what I have to say hit thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyAce80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrhaley30705
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,331

DONATE TO ME
You mean under phone status? Yeah, flashing to stock will fix it. Or uninstall busybox. Both will do it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrhaley30705 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wild Weasel
Old
(Last edited by Wild Weasel; 24th August 2012 at 02:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2att" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2att' E:Error in /sdcard/PA-1.99.1-d2att-8-10.zip (Status 7) "installation aborted"

trying to install Paranoid android 1.99.1 to my S3 from CMW 5.5.0.4, and I keep getting this error message, it simply fails straight away.

I cleared the cache and such before I attempted installing this ROM. Im using the right PAranoid Android ROM that is most up to date, and for my phone.

what am I doing wrong?

There's a thread about this, and everyone is just saying use CWM which I have.

ShadyAce80
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaley30705 View Post
You mean under phone status? Yeah, flashing to stock will fix it. Or uninstall busybox. Both will do it.
Awesome.
SGS4g(unlocked)

valefour
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmore View Post
Is it better to wipe your butt front-to-back, or back-to-front? TIA.

(no question too stupid)
It's better if you actually wipe both ways. For example, when washing your hands, do you rub them in only one direction? I don't believe you do, you go back and forth(and round and round sometimes). Wiping only one way is not going to get your butt completely clean. If possible, use a "wipee" after wiping with normal toilet paper, it helps complete the cleaning. Example, it you got poo on your hand, you wouldn't clean it by just wiping it off with a dry piece of paper, you'd use soap or at least water.
Don't forget though, before trying any of this, do a nandroid backup!! In case anything goes wrong. (=

ThisBeMySignatureMatieee!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to valefour For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrhaley30705
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Weasel View Post
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2att" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2att' E:Error in /sdcard/PA-1.99.1-d2att-8-10.zip (Status 7) "installation aborted"

trying to install Paranoid android 1.99.1 to my S3 from CMW 5.5.0.4, and I keep getting this error message, it simply fails straight away.

I cleared the cache and such before I attempted installing this ROM. Im using the right PAranoid Android ROM that is most up to date, and for my phone.

what am I doing wrong?

There's a thread about this, and everyone is just saying use CWM which I have.
Update cwm with ROM manager

The Following User Says Thank You to mrhaley30705 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadyAce80
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
you mean ROM 'mangler' actually works on here???
SGS4g(unlocked)

Wild Weasel
Old
(Last edited by Wild Weasel; 24th August 2012 at 03:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
h[remove this]ttp://i.imgur.c[remove this]om/sYt9f.png

ROM manager doesnt support the S III for installing CWM as far as I can tell. I was told to install CWM originally this way yesterday, but I couldnt so I learned how to do it the manual way with ADB. The CWM install guide was written in july and linked me to the 5.5 CWM build, I assume it's been updated since then?

If I have 5.5 installed, is simply installing the new version over top of the old version with the same method the correct way to do it?