[ROOT] Universal ICS Root from Official Stock Recovery 3e - Easy With Tutorial
Universal ICS Root from Official Stock Recovery 3e
Portal Coverage: HERE
Flash the "Root_SuperSU.0.96.Only-signed.zip" directly in stock recovery 3e, no need to cwm:
How to do that?
Root the Galaxy Tab 7.7 Using Stock Recovery
POSTED SEPTEMBER 3, 2012 AT 11:00 PM BY POORCOLLEGEGUY
Tested working on P6800 ICS XXLQ1, should work with other ICS firmware, P6810 and other Samsung devices
Try it and let us know
Source and Special Thanks to Phil3759@ Original Post, Chainfire and Entropy512
If this help, go and thanks or donate to them
AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Download the Root_SuperSU.0.96.Only-signed.zip
- I will create Universal Root folder (Optional)
- Put the created folder at your External Micro SDcard
- Boot to recovery (Hold Power+Volume Up)
In official stock recovery 3e:
- Use Volume button to navigate to apply update from external storage.
- After you choose apply update from external storage.
- Press Power button to enter.
- Volume button to navigate to the Universal Root folder.
- Choose Root_SuperSU.0.96.Only-signed.zip
- Press Power button.
- Flashing begin.
- Navigate to ../ and press Power button
- navigate again to ../ and press power button
- and reboot system now
Your device will be rebooted and enjoy your rooted ICS. No cwm recovery
To install CWM Recovery. I use Mobile Odin.
- Download Locerra's cwm recovery. Im on P6800 and using Locerra's recovery v184.108.40.206: HERE
or ALL Tab 7.7 latest cwm recovery 220.127.116.11: HERE
or 18.104.22.168 by aorth: HERE
- Once download, extract it and it will be recovery.img
- Put it in Internal or External SDcard (Up to you, which convenience for you)
- Launch Mobile Odin
- Choose Open file and choose the location where you put it earlier
- Choose the recovery.img
- Flash firmware
Note: There will be POP UP window indicated
CONTINUE AT YOUR ON RISK - Click Countinue
This thread/guide was rewritten by me to make it simple and suit our tab 7.7
I Don't Deserve Any Credit. If It Work. Go And Thanks Them
Just Keep Us Informed If This Work For You Or Any Other Devices