Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] [Huawei Ascend G300] Unlock bootloader and gain root access.

OP TheArc

3rd October 2012, 08:54 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Thumbs down bootloop :/
Hi i tried this method and i dont know how it happened but now my phone is in a boot loop and i have no custom recovery, i cannot access anything just constant boot loop, big trouble,

does anyone have any idea?
thanks
4th October 2012, 02:40 AM   |  #12  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Auckland City
Thanks Meter: 1,833

2,370 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evotaz

Hi i tried this method and i dont know how it happened but now my phone is in a boot loop and i have no custom recovery, i cannot access anything just constant boot loop, big trouble,

does anyone have any idea?
thanks

Turn ur phone completely off. By pulling out battery then apply the battery again.

Now hold volume down and power button and it should be in boot loader mode. If ur logo is stuck well this is in boot loader if not and it continues well.. idk

Sent from my Ascend G300 using Tapatalk 2
4th October 2012, 05:20 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2

74 posts
Hello krishneelg3,
I have tried a method on http://huaweig300.com but I'm stuck with the problem.

Installing USB drivers/Root/Backup IMEI went OK. Then by mistake I skipped the Step on page 5. Check Baseband and kept continued by Bootloader & ClockworkMod all went OK until the step 10. On page 6. After executing BootloaderG300.exe the phone rebooting cyclically, My operator screen appear for a approximately one second and the phone restarts again. How to resolve the problem and is there any hope to return to official ROM?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.
4th October 2012, 06:21 AM   |  #14  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Auckland City

2,370 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petar17

Hello krishneelg3,
I have tried a method on http://huaweig300.com but I'm stuck with the problem.

Installing USB drivers/Root/Backup IMEI went OK. Then by mistake I skipped the Step on page 5. Check Baseband and kept continued by Bootloader & ClockworkMod all went OK until the step 10. On page 6. After executing BootloaderG300.exe the phone rebooting cyclically, My operator screen appear for a approximately one second and the phone restarts again. How to resolve the problem and is there any hope to return to official ROM?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

What was ur baseband and were u running gingerbread?

If u r on official ics then this guide is for u, if not notify me.

PS : If you are running Gb I refer you to look into this guide, as long as your phone can boot into bootloader your fine, and I'm sure it will boot into Bloader mode : http://www.modaco.com/topic/353386-h...mac-and-linux/
Last edited by TheArc; 4th October 2012 at 06:37 AM.
4th October 2012, 11:56 AM   |  #15  

74 posts
Thanks krishneelg3,
my baseband is 109808, and I'm running GB.

The problem is that I don't know if I'm in a Bootloader mode when I see a pink screen?
When I press VOLUME DOWN + POWER it starts same as when I press POWER, first logoo (in my case picture of my operator) it lasts for about few seconds, then phone reboots and start doing it cyclically.

The other thing is that, when I press VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP + POWER, it then turns into a pink screen.

In that state (pink screen), when I plug in my phone to my PC, PC recognize my phone without reading sd card or internall memory.

So what should I do?

Thanks man, really appreciate it!
4th October 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #16  

74 posts
Guys,
I solved the problem.

I've just followed the instructions in step 5. on the site http://huaweig300.com and put a new update.app (1 KB) and copy it to the dload. After that I've used main dload (ICS folder, aprox abot 600 MB) and everything updated and installed successfully.

Thanks.

p.s. if anyone has or had the same problem, do not hesitate to ask.
13th October 2012, 12:16 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 1

98 posts
hi all

sorry to hijack the thread

I have just got my son an ascend 300 which is locked to vodafone

its on android 2.3.6
the build number is
u881v100r001c02b892

i have a download of HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 which is the ICS but i dont think that will work for my build

ideally i want ICS but dont mind too much waiting.

but i do want to be able to get of all the bloatware.

I guess i need to root to do this.

the link to the modaco site is down and it seems this is for those lucky enough to be on ICS

would i be better off upgrading to ICS then following the method above or would i be better finding a method to root under gb (If so where)

many thanks
14th October 2012, 11:55 AM   |  #18  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Auckland City

2,370 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringman

hi all

sorry to hijack the thread

I have just got my son an ascend 300 which is locked to vodafone

its on android 2.3.6
the build number is
u881v100r001c02b892

i have a download of HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 which is the ICS but i dont think that will work for my build

ideally i want ICS but dont mind too much waiting.

but i do want to be able to get of all the bloatware.

I guess i need to root to do this.

the link to the modaco site is down and it seems this is for those lucky enough to be on ICS

would i be better off upgrading to ICS then following the method above or would i be better finding a method to root under gb (If so where)

many thanks

OK get the official pics update b927* must be that build.

After its done downloading, extract its contents to your memorycard of the phone.

Make sure the update.app is in the root of SD card .

Then power off phone, remove battery re apply battery and hold the three buttons "volume up, volume down and the power button" until a screen pops up it will then install the stock ics once its done it'll reboot twice.

If only one it doesnt matter.

Setup the phone. Now to install b934 or newer versions use cwm for dazzozos repacks or the update force method. But I advice u to look for help on modaco. Thanks.

Modaco name : krishang3
14th October 2012, 12:54 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 1

98 posts
krishneelg3

Thanks for that by b927* you are referring to a different version of HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?
where would i be able to get this from?

so this would give me the stock ics
what is the advantage of then installing HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?

Thanks
15th October 2012, 06:17 AM   |  #20  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Auckland City

2,370 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringman

krishneelg3

Thanks for that by b927* you are referring to a different version of HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?
where would i be able to get this from?

so this would give me the stock ics
what is the advantage of then installing HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?

Thanks

Your on gingerbread so your baseband Is 109808 and if u flash any b934+ stock using the combinations say goodbye to your phone. I did that to my brothers and it bricked.

So to get to ice you must install b927 version of ics then your baseband will change to the new one *2030* now you can flash any b934+ stocks because you now have the new baseband.

Go to modaco and enter the G300 forums and look at the first dew pages all the info and guides you need. Procedure is simple.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheArc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread