I am NOT responsible for bricked devices or dead sd cards etc.
Today i'm going to show you how to root and update your Galaxy S.
In this guide we flash custom kernel and rom.
But first, remember the drivers http://www.filefactory.com/file/3nhy...ile_Phones.zip
Now the rooting part.
1.Download Semaphore kernel http://semaphore.gr/downloads Choose the first one. (Semaphore_2.7.4.tar)
2. It may look like a zip file but it is not. So do not extract the tar file.
3. Open Odin (if you don't have it download it from http://ul.to/o2xcp01n )
4. Switch off the phone and wait for vibration. When it vibrates it is completely off
5. Make sure you have drivers.
6. Put your phone to download download mode. To do that press vol down + home + power.
7. Now your phone should be in download mode. Plug it to computer (make sure odin is still open)
8. Click PDA tab and choose Semaphore_2.7.4.tar.
9. Click start
11. Wait more and then there should read Success! in odin
12. Now you can disconnect the phone.
Now we are ready to install a custom ROM!
First you need to download a ROM. I recommend Cyanogenmod because it is popular, it has many features and it is stable. Here's the link http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/...galaxysmtd.zip
1. Download the ROM.
2. Put it to your phone's internal sd-card
3. Download gapps http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip
4. Put it to your phone's sd-card
5. Reboot to recovery (vol up + home + power)
6. Wipe data/factory reset
7. Wipe cache
8. Advanced > wipe dalvik cache
9. Install zip from sd-card
10. Choose zip from sd-card
11. Select cm-10.2.0-galaxysmtd.zip
14. Wait more
15. Wait even more
16. Go back
17. Don't reboot
18. Install zip from sd-card
19. Choose zip from sd-card
20. Choose gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip
Now it's ready! You made it! You rooted and updated your phone. Be proud!