Do you hate when iPhoto won't show the pictures you shot with your Android device, but it works fine with your friend's HTC Sense device? Why is that?!?
That's simply because Google's camera does not comply with the DCIM standard, used by every other Digital Camera in the world (HTC Sense does it!) and properly recognized by iPhoto.
With this app, your Android device will be able to comply and iPhoto will display and import your pictures.
- Hassle free "Configure once and forget forever!"
- Works with any picture taking app, not just the stock Android Camera!
- "Automagic" background moving of newly taken shots into the proper folder. No need to open the app each time you connect to iPhoto.
- Fully DCIM compliant and fully Android MediaServer compliant (pictures will not vanish from the Gallery).
- If you don't feel like moving, you can select to copy the pictures (but don't forget to check your free space!)
- ON/OFF switch to quickly enable or disable the app.
- Supported picture format: JPG, JPEG, PNG.
- Supported movie format: 3GP, M4A, M4V, MOV.
- Supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X hosts (don't worry about Thumbds.db, ._IMG0001.jpg files and so on!)
ADVANCED FEATURES (which require a once-in-a-lifetime donation):
- Multiple folder monitoring: if you use Third Party apps (Camera MS, ICS Camera, ...) you can move/copy their pictures as well! Just add their folder to the monitored list.
For more information about the DCIM standard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_...ra_File_system
The app is available for free on Google Play Store.
2013-03-24 - 1.6.1
- New translation: German.
2013-01-12 - 1.6
- Online help & FAQ available at http://sineo.it/android/dcim/help.html (or "Menu" -> "Help" in the main screen).
- IMPORTANT: Android 4.1+ "JellyBean" CAMERA HACK/FIX. Please read online FAQ if you are using Android 4.1 and above.
- Fixed service restarting by itself even after being turned off.
- Some UI changes (context menu)
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- New translation: Dutch.
2012-12-01 - 1.5
- Android 4.2 support.
- Hopefully fixed the issue of app not running (not moving pictures) after a while.
- Fix: black gallery pictures on devices with wrong case (upper/lower) in filenames
- Fix: home navigation in preferences screen.
2012-11-01 - 1.4
- Fix: preserve last modified date of copied files.
- Fix: no more "Application Not Responding" popup when using "Move/Copy all files to DCIM" from the context menu.
2012-09-28 - 1.3
- Fixed blank Gallery on Samsung/TouchWiz devices such as Galaxy S3. Thanks to Brunella for the help!
- UI fix: "Add directory" was enabled even when DCIM directory had not been selected.
- New "Keep alive" option (default: false) to (try to) keep the service running when Android is low on memory.
- New translations: Catalan, German.
2012-09-08 - 1.2
- In-app purchases are now available from Google Play Store!
- Automatically disable interface buttons if the external storage is not mounted (this fixes FC people had while trying to move items when the SD card was disconnected from the device and connected to iPhoto).
- Fixed preview for 2x1 widget.
- New translations: Spanish, Indonesian, Italian, Malay, Polish.
2012-08-28 - 1.1
- Added support for MP4 movies.
- Added Homescreen Widget to quickly toggle the app ON/OFF (1x1, 2x1) and display the current number of pictures and movies processed by the app (2x1 only).
2012-08-25 - 1.0
- First public release.
- Support for themes (dark, light, light & dark).
- Automatic discovery of right folders on first launch.
- Option to monitor multiple folders (Donation required).
- Translations: if you want to contribute, you can submit your own translation to http://www.getlocalization.com/DCIMHelper/. If I feel like it, I may give you a special package enabling extra features as a thank you... but the translation has to be good!
- Optionally rename 3GP, MOV, M4V, etc files to MP4.
- Improve auto-discovery on devices using "_externalSD" hack.