Thanks Meter 1168
Join Date: Aug 2008
DONATE TO ME
Originally Posted by sgndroid1
Pardon for some ignorance. What should be the steps to follow in order to root from an updated to latest OTA update stock Rom on a 32gb USA version? Do I need to flash the kernel, or just recovery should be ok?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
Why don't u ask this in the root thread?
Here is what you should do:
Root Via CWM (method 2 in the root thread)
1. Download and put the superuserzip on your internal memory on your device
2. In odin uncheck auto reboot and load the cwmrecovery tar in the pda slot
3. Start odin
4. Once finished boot directly into clockwork (volume up and power til the samsung screen then let go of power while holding volume up)
5. Use the volume rockers to scroll in clockwork cause its finicky and flash the superuser zip you put on your device.
7. Make sure you have root and touch screen and pen works
8. Download goo manager
9. In goo manager hit menu and hit the install recovery script
Have any problems odin back to a stock image and if things go bad flash entropys triangle away kernel and clear your binary count