Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root ZTE Concord

Tip us?

dvkrane
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhdr View Post
Are you able to get ADB in Linux to detect the Concord? I haven't found out how to. I installed the SDK in 12.04 Lubuntu, followed the general steps here http://forums.androidcentral.com/ama...ntu-linux.html ran lsusb in terminal to find the info on the Concord and changed the name, idvendor number and idproduct number in the rule, saved it, ran kill-server and start-server and it ran the check for devices and it still came back empty. I tried because I was thinking maybe the Concord would reboot into download mode if it was given a sudo command but I can't check that.
I'll check that out as soon as I get home but I don't think it will work due to the fact that I tried the adb reboot download command in Windows and it rebooted into normal mode. But its worth a try.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using xda premium

iamhdr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvkrane View Post
I'll check that out as soon as I get home but I don't think it will work due to the fact that I tried the adb reboot download command in Windows and it rebooted into normal mode. But its worth a try.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using xda premium
I tried rebooting into download mode on my Windows 7 machine also but it just rebooted normally. My thought though was if I used Linux and tried rebooting into download mode with the sudo command (which I'm sure you already know is the command that lets you run as a root user) would have any effect on successfully rebooting into download mode. Let me know what you do to get ADB to recognize the phone in Linux. Good luck.

cortezconcord
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think i F@@ked my concord. it keep rebooting over and over again. need help please some one .

iamhdr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortezconcord View Post
I think i F@@ked my concord. it keep rebooting over and over again. need help please some one .
Have you tried pulling the battery & rebooting?

lbenson0828
Old
(Last edited by lbenson0828; 17th January 2013 at 07:27 PM.) Reason: didnt attach files
Thanks Meter 2
Post What I know and a logcat of update 2 days ago

Hello, Im a complete noob and know just enough to brick one already return it and get another.

What I know is far as drivers they are located in the phone under /dev/pcsuite.iso there seem to be hidden files because there is obviously a autorun.inf in there somewhere because it 'autorun's to install the drivers under win8 and wont work in adb with any other drivers. Also I extracted the drivers and it supplies Windows, Linux and mac drivers as well. I have successfully loaded the windows and Linux drivers and used adb but dont own a mac. Using Gingerbreak AND Z4Root, and toggling Bluetooth at the exact same time cracked something and has allowed "es file explorer" to browse the file past sdcard down to root, I could not before, but files still hidden it seems.

Anyway reason for post. I just had an update two days ago and saved a logcat of the event. Idk if it got what you need cause logcat lost phone at reboot but hope someone can use it to root this dang thing. I will say the update deleted ALOT of bloatware and freed up some internal memory. anyway. hope I figure out how to post this file for you.

Also a as inclusive as it would allow a full adb shell pull of my concord.

Hope this helps someone and please remember me if you figure it out. Id love to root this thing.
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat_accept.txt - [Click for QR Code] (469.5 KB, 89 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to lbenson0828 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lbenson0828
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Any help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbenson0828 View Post
Hello, Im a complete noob and know just enough to brick one already return it and get another.

What I know is far as drivers they are located in the phone under /dev/pcsuite.iso there seem to be hidden files because there is obviously a autorun.inf in there somewhere because it 'autorun's to install the drivers under win8 and wont work in adb with any other drivers. Also I extracted the drivers and it supplies Windows, Linux and mac drivers as well. I have successfully loaded the windows and Linux drivers and used adb but dont own a mac. Using Gingerbreak AND Z4Root, and toggling Bluetooth at the exact same time cracked something and has allowed "es file explorer" to browse the file past sdcard down to root, I could not before, but files still hidden it seems.

Anyway reason for post. I just had an update two days ago and saved a logcat of the event. Idk if it got what you need cause logcat lost phone at reboot but hope someone can use it to root this dang thing. I will say the update deleted ALOT of bloatware and freed up some internal memory. anyway. hope I figure out how to post this file for you.

Also a as inclusive as it would allow a full adb shell pull of my concord.

Hope this helps someone and please remember me if you figure it out. Id love to root this thing.

I see a lot of views but no replies and no thanks. Did this not help at all? Just curious.

iamhdr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I see a lot of views but no replies and no thanks. Did this not help at all? Just curious.
I've looked at it but I'm more of a newb than you so it's over my head. I was waiting for someone more experienced to check it out. I guess I do have a couple of questions about that post. Was this just a logcat of your attempt to root it with those two programs or am I misunderstanding it? You said an update deleted a lot of the bloatware but what update was it? Were you just talking about the over the air update that was available in the android settings? Also, can you post the Linux drivers? Thanks.

lbenson0828
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default No it's of the OTA update.

Quote:
I've looked at it but I'm more of a newb than you so it's over my head. I was waiting for someone more experienced to check it out. I guess I do have a couple of questions about that post. Was this just a logcat of your attempt to root it with those two programs or am I misunderstanding it? You said an update deleted a lot of the bloatware but what update was it? Were you just talking about the over the air update that was available in the android settings? Also, can you post the Linux drivers? Thanks.
No it is of the OTA update. I've seen on other pages people beg for these so they can download the update. I was hoping someone could use it and get these things rooted. Guess there busy with the real phones. Supply and demand I guess. The OTA update unlocked the bootstrap so that files could be erased and written so I know it's in there some where. But I have been trying to learn the BRCM chipset and I see there is a partition called "security" Im betting the inability to root or have files stick has to do with a NAND security protocol on that partition. Im thinking that previous post on rooting the HTC Evo that they copy and pasted "Concord" to, isnt actually that far off from the answer. Im doing all this trying to not brick my phone as it's my one and only phone.

p.s. I stated I was going to post my adb pull of my phone but I guess the file may be way to big because it wont let me post it. Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to lbenson0828 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lbenson0828
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Concord drivers

Quote:

Here are the drivers as supplied by the phone it's self. I used winrar to extract them. I just followed the linux instructions on installing the driver. There's no big tado it worked, here I am. But got adb working on it.
Attached Files
File Type: rar PCSUITE.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.07 MB, 347 views)

iamhdr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Here are the drivers as supplied by the phone it's self. I used winrar to extract them. I just followed the linux instructions on installing the driver. There's no big tado it worked, here I am. But got adb working on it.
Thanks a lot. Good luck and let me know if you get anywhere. Unfortunately I'm out of my field now.