Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,789 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Android 4.1][P7510]Paranoid Android 2 for Galaxy Tab 10.1

Tip us?

Dekudan
Old
(Last edited by Dekudan; 27th August 2012 at 11:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default [ROM][Android 4.1][P7510]Paranoid Android 2 for Galaxy Tab 10.1

Not 100% finished yet, think of this as a Dev-thread.

Hello one and all, this is Paranoid Android for the P7510! If you've seen any of the other PA threads, they're a bit swankier than this. That'll come in time, no worries! This is still very much my first build - both personally and in the case of the ROM. Things might be a bit squiffy, but that's to be expected, I went into this completely dumb and learnt as I went :P

Still. It works. My tab hasn't exploded. Give it a try, tell me what works and what doesn't. I'm learning PA settings as much as any of you guys will be :P

What doesn't work:
  • Everything non-functional in CM10.
  • Can't find the button to enable MTP. That might be a problem with me and the button being moved?

Download here!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23306362/pa...G2012-2325.zip

Installation instructions:

As normal, make sure to install GApps. Any plain old jb ones will do, which is awesome.
Once booted (a black screen after the boot animation seems usual) you'll need to enable the navigation bar. To get it you have to go to settings>system>navigation bar and then turn the option on in there. If anyone can tell me how to have this enabled by default, that'll be awesome.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Dekudan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guih
Old
Thanks Meter 189
I've been strongly considering selling my tab to get the n7, but with cm10 quickly catching up and now Paranoid being here I may have to rethink the move. Thanks for this! Downloading now..

Sent from my LTEVO
Current Devices:
Rooted Sprint HTC ONE!
  • ROM: OMJ
  • Kernel: Stock

Rooted Asus Nexus 7
  • ROM: Paranoid ROM

RIP HTC Evo 4G LTE, HTC Evo 4G, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to guih For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

john9
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 269
That's great. thanks for share.

aaron.bufc
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Just installed this on my phone, will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Dekudan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron.bufc View Post
Just installed this on my phone, will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
I use it on my phone too. Between the Optimus 2X and the Tab 10.1, it does seem more sensible to be using PA on the big screen. Apps scale up better than they do down, if you see what I mean.

guih
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Ok so I flashed it and it works pretty nicely, but I think it doesn't scale very well in some areas or functions as well as cm10, such as with multitasking. Nonetheless, I'm excited to see where this ROM will go.

Sent from my LTEVO
Current Devices:
Rooted Sprint HTC ONE!
  • ROM: OMJ

Rooted Asus Nexus 7
  • ROM: Paranoid ROM

RIP HTC Evo 4G LTE, HTC Evo 4G, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

GazaIan
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
Forgive me for this but what the point of paranoid Android on a tablet? On a phone it's pretty useful since I can enable the tablet side of apps without going full tablet UI, but what about on a tablet? Most horribly scaled apps can already be rescaled using that arrow thing in the combined bar.

Also, I'll try to look into that MTP issue for ya (don't totally rely on me though). I feel like I've forgetten everything so I want to brush up.
Google Nexus 4
LG G Watch
OUYA

HTC Sensation
HTC myTouch 4G
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Dekudan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazaIan View Post
Forgive me for this but what the point of paranoid Android on a tablet? On a phone it's pretty useful since I can enable the tablet side of apps without going full tablet UI, but what about on a tablet? Most horribly scaled apps can already be rescaled using that arrow thing in the combined bar.

Also, I'll try to look into that MTP issue for ya (don't totally rely on me though). I feel like I've forgetten everything so I want to brush up.
Thanks good sir. The best way I can put it is manipulation of the system ui. In that I mean you can have the device running at stock dpi, but get the style of the Nexus 7. People may think I'm crazy for that, but i like the notification shade instead of a button, and the launcher in phone mode is just so much better, especially when done right. Of course it's subjective preference, but it's an option and I find that some aspects are far better than stock tablet ui.

In other news, yes, the multitasking is completely wrong, I'm fiddling around with settings now, but will have to ask more knowledgeable peeps if I can't solve it.

GazaIan
Old
(Last edited by GazaIan; 28th August 2012 at 02:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
What did you port this ROM from? There's a hitload of problems that have to be worked out.. Plus Android seems to be trolling me, this is what logcat puts out when I enable / disable the navigation bar;

Code:
D/WifiService(  283): setWifiEnabled: true pid=1051, uid=1000
As to how the hell that can even happen, no idea.

Anyway I hear default settings are in SettingsProvider.apk but I didn't see the ones I was looking for. Multitasking isn't exactly broken, it's trying to use the phone UI. If you look at the power menu you'll see it's stupidly oversized because of the the phone Ui. In fact that can all probably be changed or fixed in Paranoid Settings.

On the sad side, launchers are extremely laggy. What gives? I hate lag

EDIT: Super smooth in the tablet mode. Something is up, making the Phablet UI super laggy.
Google Nexus 4
LG G Watch
OUYA

HTC Sensation
HTC myTouch 4G
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to GazaIan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonk12
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Downloading... i know this is in development but i want to see what to expect seems promising
Sent from my:
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (SGH-I727) feat. AOKP JB 16-11-12
or
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7510) feat. CM 10.1 (4.2) 29-12-12
Using...Chrome
My English might not be the best, Spanish is my main language

Waiting for my Nexus 4 :P