Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD]App2SD Script! - Use 64GB microSD for App Data on Note 10.1!

Tip us?

zedomax
Old
(Last edited by zedomax; 28th August 2012 at 07:07 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,620

DONATE TO ME
Angry [MOD]App2SD Script! - Use 64GB microSD for App Data on Note 10.1!

Here's App2SD Script you can use to "swap" your internal storage and microSD card storage space.

For example, if you have a 16GB Note 10.1 and use 64GB microSD card, applying this script will allow you to get 64GB for your apps instead of just 16GB.

When you first use the script, you might see missing app data. To fix this, simply copy the whole contents of your internal storage to microSD card beforehand (or you can do it after too). You can also use Titanium Backup app to backup apps/app data before using the script then restore your apps with data.

Now, you can enjoy 64GB easily without paying for it!

To disable the script, you can simply erase the file below using ES File Explorer with Root Explorer/Mount enabled in settings:
/system/etc/init.d/11extsd2internalsd

OR you can also disable the script by leaving your microSD card out during boot then plug it back in after booting.

Requirements:
- You will need a rooted ROM/kernel with init.d support (OR you can probably use Script Manager app to run the script at boot, I haven't tried this but let me know, it should work just fine)
- Works on ALL stock or TouchWiz based ROMs
- Works for ALL Note 10.1 including N8000,N8010,N8013

To install:
- Simply flash the zip file in CWM Recovery or TWRP!

Download App2SD Script v0.2:
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/G...EDOMAXv0.2.zip

Credits:
Thanks to Mattiadj for original script on i9300, which I modified for Note 10.1.

Here's a photo of my Note 10.1 Wifi 16GB:
The Following 73 Users Say Thank You to zedomax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zedomax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,620

DONATE TO ME
Default reserved

reserved
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zedomax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iamchocho
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I didn't think this thing supported anything over 32GB for microSD.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamchocho For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamchocho View Post
I didn't think this thing supported anything over 32GB for microSD.
It does. You just need to format it fat 32.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchellvii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Noxey
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quick question:

I'm new to the whole Android roothing thing. When you say I need a rooted rom, does that just mean I need to root my device? As in, if I root my device but continue running stock TouchWiz, can I enable this mod?

zedomax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,620

DONATE TO ME
Yes it should work with any rooted on stock tomorrow with script manager although I haven't tried. If you have trouble just install my rom.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,044
After I already returned my 16gb and ordered a 32gb..lmfao should be here Thurs.

Greatwork though..it'll likely come in handy as I have tons of big games. This is good to have for offline map use also.

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

sysl0rd
Old
(Last edited by sysl0rd; 29th August 2012 at 11:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
wouldn't the microSD be slower than the internal storage? Basically if you swap them then it would also maybe take longer to save/load files etc?
How are your experiences with this, do you recognize any differences? Maybe also do some benchmark tests comparing pre swap and swaped versions of your note.

I think this would help me consider using your method maybe it would help also others who aren't sure about it yet.
great work though!

EDIT:
I also have a second question: What happens if you take out the sd card? wouldnt it take out the "system" as it is on the sdcard storage due to the swap?

mitchellvii
Old
(Last edited by mitchellvii; 29th August 2012 at 03:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,204
Ah OK let me see if I get this. What your script does is make my tablet see the external SDCard as if it is the internal memory and vice versa? So if I run this I need to basically just copy everything on my internal card to my external card?

Is the internal memory faster than the external if I have a Class 6 SdCard for instance? Will this cause lag in launching Apps?

And i guess we need to flash your rom so we have unit.d support for this to work?

zedomax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii View Post
Ah OK let me see if I get this. What your script does is make my tablet see the external SDCard as if it is the internal memory and vice versa? So if I run this I need to basically just copy everything on my internal card to my external card?

Is the internal memory faster than the external if I have a Class 6 SdCard for instance? Will this cause lag in launching Apps?

And i guess we need to flash your rom so we have unit.d support for this to work?

Yes exactly, I don't really see much lag even with a Class 2 but I do recommend higher Class 6 just in case. You need a ROM with init.d support or kernel yes OR you can try using Script Manager app, I heard it works but haven't tried it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zedomax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
apps2d, note 10.1