Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Booting to recovery won't work on tf700

OP dough30i

28th August 2012, 09:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Im am rooted and unlocked my device. When I go into gooapp and click boot into recovery it doesn't go to recovery but instead reboot can any body tell me how fix this issue I'm having..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
28th August 2012, 01:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ashburn, VA
Thanks Meter: 98

681 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dough30i

Im am rooted and unlocked my device. When I go into gooapp and click boot into recovery it doesn't go to recovery but instead reboot can any body tell me how fix this issue I'm having..

Try turning the device off then holding volume down and power button. Might be power up and volume, not sure. Then during boot when you see text in upper left corner, press volume up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperSwagSauce For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2012, 01:52 PM   |  #3  
The Nether Regions of the Tropics
Thanks Meter: 116

665 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dough30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwagSauce

Try turning the device off then holding volume down and power button. Might be power up and volume, not sure. Then during boot when you see text in upper left corner, press volume up.

The device does not yet handle the reboot to recovery command. As stated by AndroSwag, power and volume down, as soon as you see the small script, press volume up. You will see the classic android laying prone... just tap power and you will be in stock (or custom) recovery.
5th September 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwagSauce

Oh ic ic it work now appreciated man...
21st February 2013, 11:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 13

52 posts
I already have this question up as part of a different issue/question in another thread, but thought I'd double down my chances of getting a response:

I'm on the .30 bootloader; do the newer BLs (eg. 10.44.25) implement Reboot to Recovery functionality? Or is this not related to the BL?
22nd February 2013, 01:01 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman2k1

I already have this question up as part of a different issue/question in another thread, but thought I'd double down my chances of getting a response:

I'm on the .30 bootloader; do the newer BLs (eg. 10.44.25) implement Reboot to Recovery functionality? Or is this not related to the BL?

I know I am running 10.4.4.25 with CROMI 3.3 and TWRP and I can reboot into recovery just fine (without having to do the power button + volume).
22nd February 2013, 02:25 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,552

5,267 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman2k1

Yes. If you have stock rom you need to be rooted and download an app called rebooter, this app has options where you can boot to recovery. If you are running custom rom this same app will help you to do the same.
22nd February 2013, 03:04 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 13

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Yes. If you have stock rom you need to be rooted and download an app called rebooter, this app has options where you can boot to recovery. If you are running custom rom this same app will help you to do the same.

I can now reboot into recovery without the use of the app (I hear people have bricked their tabs with it). Anyways, the 10.xx.xx bootloader was the missing piece. With the new CM10.1 builds, I don't have the reboot context menu (I'm sure it can be configured to show reboot into recovery, etc. but have been to busy to play with my tablet) but "reboot recovery" from Terminal works fine.

Thanks for all the replies.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread