KDZ of Android 5.0.1 Captured for T-Mobile LG G3

T-Mobile US is yet to release the 20B Lollipop build for the LG G3. Luckily enough, you … more

Build Custom Stock Kernel with Linaro GCC 4.9.1

With this guide for Sony devices, you will learn how to build a kernel using the Linaro … more

What’s Your Biggest Reason for Not Owning an iPhone?

With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see … more

“New Kernel” for OnePlus One

If you are hungry for a new kernel on your OnePlus One, XDA Senior Member jgcaap‘s … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Booting to recovery won't work on tf700

28th August 2012, 09:27 AM |#1  
dough30i's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Im am rooted and unlocked my device. When I go into gooapp and click boot into recovery it doesn't go to recovery but instead reboot can any body tell me how fix this issue I'm having..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
28th August 2012, 01:36 PM |#2  
SuperSwagSauce's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ashburn, VA
Thanks Meter: 98
 
681 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dough30i

Im am rooted and unlocked my device. When I go into gooapp and click boot into recovery it doesn't go to recovery but instead reboot can any body tell me how fix this issue I'm having..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Try turning the device off then holding volume down and power button. Might be power up and volume, not sure. Then during boot when you see text in upper left corner, press volume up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperSwagSauce For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2012, 01:52 PM |#3  
Poser's Avatar
Senior Member
The Nether Regions of the Tropics
Thanks Meter: 163
 
756 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dough30i

Im am rooted and unlocked my device. When I go into gooapp and click boot into recovery it doesn't go to recovery but instead reboot can any body tell me how fix this issue I'm having..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwagSauce

Try turning the device off then holding volume down and power button. Might be power up and volume, not sure. Then during boot when you see text in upper left corner, press volume up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.

The device does not yet handle the reboot to recovery command. As stated by AndroSwag, power and volume down, as soon as you see the small script, press volume up. You will see the classic android laying prone... just tap power and you will be in stock (or custom) recovery.
5th September 2012, 04:01 PM |#4  
dough30i's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwagSauce

Try turning the device off then holding volume down and power button. Might be power up and volume, not sure. Then during boot when you see text in upper left corner, press volume up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.

Oh ic ic it work now appreciated man...
21st February 2013, 11:50 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
I already have this question up as part of a different issue/question in another thread, but thought I'd double down my chances of getting a response:

I'm on the .30 bootloader; do the newer BLs (eg. 10.44.25) implement Reboot to Recovery functionality? Or is this not related to the BL?
22nd February 2013, 01:01 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman2k1

I already have this question up as part of a different issue/question in another thread, but thought I'd double down my chances of getting a response:

I'm on the .30 bootloader; do the newer BLs (eg. 10.44.25) implement Reboot to Recovery functionality? Or is this not related to the BL?

I know I am running 10.4.4.25 with CROMI 3.3 and TWRP and I can reboot into recovery just fine (without having to do the power button + volume).
22nd February 2013, 02:25 AM |#7  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,636
 
5,460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman2k1

I already have this question up as part of a different issue/question in another thread, but thought I'd double down my chances of getting a response:

I'm on the .30 bootloader; do the newer BLs (eg. 10.44.25) implement Reboot to Recovery functionality? Or is this not related to the BL?

Yes. If you have stock rom you need to be rooted and download an app called rebooter, this app has options where you can boot to recovery. If you are running custom rom this same app will help you to do the same.
22nd February 2013, 03:04 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Yes. If you have stock rom you need to be rooted and download an app called rebooter, this app has options where you can boot to recovery. If you are running custom rom this same app will help you to do the same.

I can now reboot into recovery without the use of the app (I hear people have bricked their tabs with it). Anyways, the 10.xx.xx bootloader was the missing piece. With the new CM10.1 builds, I don't have the reboot context menu (I'm sure it can be configured to show reboot into recovery, etc. but have been to busy to play with my tablet) but "reboot recovery" from Terminal works fine.

Thanks for all the replies.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes