Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Hardware Acceleration

28th August 2012, 11:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

56 posts
More
We might get Hardware acceleration on ICS yet. Most of you might remember reading a tweet from LG Mexico announcing the ICS update was canceled for the Optimus 2x, which is required to get our hardware drivers to get working video camera, and hardware acceleration on ICS Roms on the G2x. Well apparently this was just region specific, as Lg Singapore just posted on their facebook page that the update is still on for the 2x! Take a look at it here: https://www.facebook.com/LGMobileSin...51098010297707
28th August 2012, 11:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 93

931 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daygen4545

We might get Hardware acceleration on ICS yet. Most of you might remember reading a tweet from LG Mexico announcing the ICS update was canceled for the Optimus 2x, which is required to get our hardware drivers to get working video camera, and hardware acceleration on ICS Roms on the G2x. Well apparently this was just region specific, as Lg Singapore just posted on their facebook page that the update is still on for the 2x! Take a look at it here: https://www.facebook.com/LGMobileSin...51098010297707

Thanks but this has been posted a few times below

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
28th August 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

71 posts
Quote:

Does the g2x use same video drivers(will we be ables to get stable ICS roms?) because everyones saying LG said we arent getting ICS and some people are saying we do, that post you linked clearly says we will though
28th August 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoace

Thanks but this has been posted a few times below

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Wow i feel like a total idiot, sorry man haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxshanth

Does the g2x use same video drivers(will we be ables to get stable ICS roms?) because everyones saying LG said we arent getting ICS and some people are saying we do, that post you linked clearly says we will though

The only device similar enough to ours to get the video drivers from is the Optimus 2x, which is basically our phone without T-Mobile Branding andwith LG's UI. The G2x isn't getting official ICS, but if the Optimus 2X, does, the devs have said that it's almost certain we will be able to use the same drivers.
The Following User Says Thank You to daygen4545 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2012, 11:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

71 posts
Quote:

Wow i feel like a total idiot, sorry man haha

The only device similar enough to ours to get the video drivers from is the Optimus 2x, which is basically our phone without T-Mobile Branding andwith LG's UI. The G2x isn't getting official ICS, but if the Optimus 2X, does, the devs have said that it's almost certain we will be able to use the same drivers.

Oh that's awesome thanks for the information!

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app
30th August 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter: 33,405

4,771 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Yes, getting ICS from the P990 to the P999 shouldn't be a big problem.
But we first need a kernel source, which usually drops in a couple days after an official ICS release.
(here: http://www.lg.com/global/support/ope...delCode=LGP990)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonyp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2012, 09:52 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 89

303 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp

Yes, getting ICS from the P990 to the P999 shouldn't be a big problem.
But we first need a kernel source, which usually drops in a couple days after an official ICS release.
(here: http://www.lg.com/global/support/ope...delCode=LGP990)

This is a probably a stupid question, but is SU660 to P990/999 the same story?
30th August 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 97

242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloha1

This is a probably a stupid question, but is SU660 to P990/999 the same story?

I believe the SU660 will get is working blobs for HW Acceleration, because the SU660 has the same chipset as the P990/P999. The SU660 though has some different hardware to get things to work though (such as physical home buttons, etc). The SU660 is just a piece of the puzzle, not the whole puzzle completed.
31st August 2012, 12:21 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 13

113 posts
Quote:

I believe the SU660 will get is working blobs for HW Acceleration, because the SU660 has the same chipset as the P990/P999. The SU660 though has some different hardware to get things to work though (such as physical home buttons, etc). The SU660 is just a piece of the puzzle, not the whole puzzle completed.

I believe you are right, we will have the binary blobs for the Nvidia drivers, but the kernels are different.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread