Mobile NFC payments using Isis coming soon

Tip us?

manekineko
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Default Mobile NFC payments using Isis coming soon

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08...ants-and-more/

Isis is T-Mobile/Verizon/AT&T's competitor to Google Wallet, and uses NFC for making payments with our phones. It'll be launching at the end of September, and we're on the official list!

Plus as noted elsewhere, the update on Kies that just came out had this in its changelog:
Quote:
Improvements
  • ISIS/NFC update
  • Bug fixes
I'd rather have Google Wallet, but since that isn't happening, I'm just glad someone will finally let me use that NFC chip in my phone as a credit card. Can't wait!

death1246
Old
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/08...ants-and-more/

Isis is T-Mobile/Verizon/AT&T's competitor to Google Wallet, and uses NFC for making payments with our phones. It'll be launching at the end of September, and we're on the official list!

Plus as noted elsewhere, the update on Kies that just came out had this in its changelog:

I'd rather have Google Wallet, but since that isn't happening, I'm just glad someone will finally let me use that NFC chip in my phone as a credit card. Can't wait!
Well we still dont have the release-keys required to reach the secure element in the sim card yet... maybe when it does wallet might work..
Device: T-Mobile GS3
Old Device's: Blackberry Pearl8100(Left on Bus then Stolen)|G1(Returned)|Blackberry Curve 8900(Sold)|Blackberry Bold 9700(Sold)|MyTouch(Sold)|Nexus One(Traded)|G2/Vision(Sold)|LG G2x(Trade)|HTC Sensation 4g(SOLD)|T-Mobile GS2(Fell Cracked Sold)|Galaxy S3(SOLD)|Galaxy S 4(T-Mobile Current :3)

HTC Sense Wallpaper:
HTC Sense LiveWallpaper For Froyo/Gingerbread roms

Mr.Knitty
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by death1246 View Post
Well we still dont have the release-keys required to reach the secure element in the sim card yet... maybe when it does wallet might work..
Think outside the box.

fenrirx4
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Knitty View Post
Think outside the box.
im guessing that there will be some kind of secure element that wont involve the simcard?
The Following User Says Thank You to fenrirx4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noodles2224
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Wouldnt it suck for the people that have extra batteries that doesnt support NFC?? Like the anker battery i have doesnt.

DMolina
DMolina

tkdsl
Old
XDA TV Producer / News Writer
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
So ISIS came out today and if you are rooted then it will not work and it will ask you to uninstall the app.
Tmobile-US