Kindle Fire 1
This a list of Root Methods, Recoveries, Bootstraps, Mods, Utilities, Firmware, Roms and other Dev Projects for this device. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.__________________________________________________ ______
__________________________________________________ ______GAppsMost of the Custom Roms in these List do not include Google Apps (GApps), Playstore, Google Calendar Sync...
Many of the Dev post links to compatible Gapps for that Rom, in most cases that is best option, but if Link is broken...
Use a GApps file from my list sd_shadow's List of GApps be sure that GApps are compatible for the Android Version of the Rom
Project: OtterX Roms Require special steps and files, to convert the partitions.
- Follow steps posted here Project: OtterX ROM/TWRP/Bootloader
- and [Video][How To] convert to OtterX ROM/TWRP/Bootloader [2014-05-08] -a little outdated so please use current files
- Install both otterx-u-boot_v2.05.zip and zip-otterx-twrp-188.8.131.52-recovery.zip at the same time in TWRP, then reboot
- I started a thread [How To] Fix Otter X Install Errors, Partition sizes, Unable to Mount System... for those having issues.
- UNOFFICIAL CM12.0 for OtterX [ALPHA-20141130]
- Slimpop for the OtterX 29 Nov 2014
Project: OTTERX / KITKAT
- ****NEW UPDATE****OtterX ROM/TWRP/Bootloader [TWRP 2.7.1 2014-06-08]
CM11 Official Downloads for OtterX: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=otterx
KERNELS - OtterX
If you want to return to Stock Partitions after using OtterX Follow
Everything below is Non-OtterXKITKAT (Non-OtterX)-Android 4.4 ROMS
Official CM11 downloads page (Non-OtterX) http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=otter
JELLY BEAN ROMS -Android 4.3 ROMS
Android 4.2 AND LOWER
ICS ROMS - Android 4.0 - CM9 ROMS
- [ROM][04/25] Unofficial CM9 Build (outdated)
- [rom][24/02/12]cm9-kang (outdated)
Gingerbread Roms - Android 2.3 - CM7 ROMS
STOCK[MODDED]ROMS (Android 2.3)
LINUX ON THE KINDLE FIRE
ALTROMS FOR DUAL BOOTING
- [NIGHTLY/KERNEL][USER] UNOFFICIAL CM9 + 3.0.x Kernel for K-Fire [3.0.31+ 06-28] (kernel only rom download link dead)
- [smirkit][12/20]install recovery+bootloader COTR or TWRP (for updating recovery or bootloader)
- [RECOVERY] Custom CWM-Based Touch Recovery 184.108.40.206 for Kindle Fire [FINAL][Dt:10/03] not ICS or JB safe pulled
- [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 :: STOP USE IMMEDIATELY [05-12]
pulled see warning
- [Packages][6-14]PDroid and V6 for multiple ROMS (Deprecated more info in post)
- [Root][TWRP][COTR][BOOTLOADERS]Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.9 (4/5/13) [1st Gen Only!] -Use to Install Windows Drivers
- UPDATE Soupkit - When you just can't get ADB to connect (and some other things). (Great for live usb)
- Firekit LiveUSB repair kit 1.1- when you're about to kill Windows use with USB boot shorting trick.
- [UTILITY] [HellFire Cleaner] (flash in recovery)
- [ROOT][WIP] root 6.2.1 / install TWRP / unbrick any ROM UnBrick Corrupt Bootloader with Short Pin to force the Fire to boot over USB.
GUIDES / HOW TO`S AND OTHER HELPFUL STUFF
***Note: 20th Oct 2014:
@sd_shadow has ownership of this I`m taking a sabbatical. I`m positive he will do a top notch job!! Peace all!