5,593,401 Members 36,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INDEX] Kindle Fire Development *REVISED*

Tip us?

Thepooch
Old
(Last edited by Thepooch; 14th April 2014 at 12:08 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 883
Arrow [INDEX] Kindle Fire Development *REVISED*

ALL CREDITS GO TO THE DEVS!!!
I just copy and paste the Links.
We are moving on... I will try my best..IF YOU DON`T LIKE IT LET ME KNOW.. Removed out of date, abandoned, obsolete or stated otherwise
@Developers, please start putting DATE in the TOPIC! Its easier to track
More updates to follow over the coming days
Taptalk friendly again

KITKAT

4.4 ROMS

JELLY BEAN ROMS

4.3 ROMS

4.2 AND LOWER

ICS ROMS

CM7 ROMS

STOCK[MODDED]ROMS

LINUX ON THE KINDLE FIRE

ALTROMS FOR DUAL BOOTING

TORRENTS

KERNELS

BOOTLOADERS

RECOVERIES

MODS

PROGRAMS-UTILITIES-SCRIPTS

ROOTING-PRESENT

ROOTING-PAST

GUIDES / HOW TO`S AND OTHER HELPFUL STUFF

EXTERNAL LINKS

With respect to the Dev`s
And by all means the thanks button will not break your finger
Very soon I will be removing all roms with dead links - there is no sense in confusing those wishing to download a rom that doesn`t exist
The Following 95 Users Say Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dadeo1111
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Thanks for keeping this thread current. Very much appreciated!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dadeo1111 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thepooch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 883
Your welcome
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrSchroeder
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Great work!
Mr. Schroeder

Phones
LG Nitro HD (AT&T) on CM10 Nightly (Damn you CM10 Nightlies!)
LG Nitro HD (AT&T) ICSv20 Stock wifey's
Huawei Ascend 2 on PlayfulGod's A2Tude ROM daughter's

Tablets
Nexus 7 16GB on Der Kernel Trinity 1700 a4.2 with CleanRom 2.5
Nexus 7 8GB Stock son's
Kindle Fire on Linaro kernel with SGT7 JB ROM wifey's

Get dropbox
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrSchroeder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 21228
Angry Good To Go.

Very well done, sir.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thepooch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 883
Thanks guys
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thepooch
Old
(Last edited by Thepooch; 17th September 2012 at 03:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 883
Sorry guys pulled all roms with dead links Devs let me know if you have fixed your links
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Playdoe
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Angry Newb Question..sorry if wrong thread

So I love the kindle fire...and I've.rooted, or so I think, (.I guess we can say "soft rooted" to add google apps)..I love the look and feel of the stock rom with the added bonuses and although I'm a bit new to the whole -rooting the kindle thing- was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of roms/custom roms that still follow the kindle stock rom but with a bit of "bonuses"...if there are any.... Like added compatibility with games..and apps...etc.There are so many options and I don't know where to start. I guess I could leave it the way it is since it works great but I'm one of those people that has to see...and play with it!! (new ROMS that is)
The Following User Says Thank You to Playdoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aegrotatio
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Are the CM9 and CM7 builds dead? Are we just going to be using CM10 JellyBean now? Just wondering. Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to aegrotatio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thepooch
Old
(Last edited by Thepooch; 20th September 2012 at 07:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 883
Wrong place to post it but doesn't bother me. Modaco is by far the best modified stock experience but really not far from where you are now, maybe you wouldn't even feel the change. The rest of it just depends on what your looking for CM7 is Gingerbread android 2.3.7 very stable. CM9 or ICS is either android 4.03 or 4.04 most here are likely based on android 4.04 are stable enough as a daily driver at least most of them(there are bugs this is development). And of course last but not least there is CM10 or Jelly Bean based on android 4.1.1 these are becoming extremely stable and are really being strongly developed. My suggestion is make a backup try a few find out what you really like or want out of your kindle you will never know what the possibilities are unless you see for yourself

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thepooch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]