Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Aftermarket Warranty

Tip us?

ImYoungxD
Old
(Last edited by ImYoungxD; 31st August 2012 at 01:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Can someone link me which warranty to get from Amazon ? So I can compare with the Squaretrade site.

53fireman
Old
Thanks Meter 15
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004M5OYRY
The Following User Says Thank You to 53fireman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

THunDA
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
Anybody have a squaretrade code their not using. Had the warranty on my prime, but haven't received a discount code email since I exchanged it for the infinity. <br />
<br />
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
I got my prime swapped to an infinity at best buy .. called up SquareTrade to explain... emailed my receipt showing it was changed out under manufacturers warranty and they transferred my warranty to the infinity at no charge.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
The Following User Says Thank You to THunDA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolfman87
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbattenfl View Post
You can get a $30 discount code from Squaretrade by signing up to an email list on their Facebook page.
The emails are sent out weekly, usally on Tuesday. The code gives you $30 off that day and $20 off the following week.
Good to know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
GNex (LTE): CM Nighties (usually)
N1: Stock -- Broken
G1: I don't remember

ImYoungxD
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Would the squaretrade discount codes work on amazon? it would go down to 40$ for 2 year accidental coverage which would be excellent!

dbattenfl
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by scitech09 View Post
Definitely go with Squaretrade. I get Squaretrade coverage on all of my electronic devices, especially mobile devices. I once broke an iPad and they repaired and returned it within a week. The nice thing is that if you sell your device, you can cancel and get your money back, prorated based on the length of use. This is why I always get the coverage, since you have nothing to lose. I believe you have to get the coverage within 30 days of purchase.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
Squaretrade give you 90 days for a new item purchased from a retail store.

junrider
Old
Thanks Meter 79
I signed up for a newsletter from squaretrade so I can get a 30% coupon hopefully this coming tuesday because my 30 days is almost up... Is this true you have 90 days to get a squaretrade warranty if you bought it at a retail store?

Mike02z
Old
Thanks Meter 325
All you need to do is email them and say you want a warranty with them but your buddy got 30% off. They will email you a code for 30% (Up to max of 30 bucks) off your next warranty purchase. I think when you buy via Amazon you have 90 days to sign up. I think the 30 days is only for eBay purchases.

junrider
Old
(Last edited by junrider; 1st September 2012 at 05:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
All you need to do is email them and say you want a warranty with them but your buddy got 30% off. They will email you a code for 30% (Up to max of 30 bucks) off your next warranty purchase. I think when you buy via Amazon you have 90 days to sign up. I think the 30 days is only for eBay purchases.
So I just E-mail their support asking for a 30% discount coupon and theyll give it to me? Bought mine at bestbuy and my 30 day would be next thursday, unless I get 90 days. Amazon sells the squaretrade also for 76-78 dollars for the 2yrs ADH, but the 30% would still be better.

UPDATE: Just sent them an E-mail asking for a working coupon code.... lets see if they reply back with a coupon code .
The Following User Says Thank You to junrider For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mike02z
Old
Thanks Meter 325
You should get the 30% coupon. I always get one but I do have a number of devices under warranty with them. I checked their policy., It is 90 days for any retail purchase and 30 days for any eBay purchase.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02z For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]