Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Aftermarket Warranty

Tip us?

Darnell_Chat_TN
Old
Thanks Meter 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc View Post
I have square trade on my TF700 and my Nexus 7.

I also have the NegriCare plan for my Galaxy S III which is just like square trade but also covers lost and stolen phones
I'm liking the look of NegriCare, since it even covers theft and loss. Anyone have anything further to say about them? No deductibles right? And do they offer the same level of coverage on Ebay purchases? And within how many days after purchase must coverage be obtained through them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_Nukes View Post
Anybody have a squaretrade code their not using. Had the warranty on my prime, but haven't received a discount code email since I exchanged it for the infinity.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
All you need to do is email them and say you want a warranty with them but your buddy got 30% off. They will email you a code for 30% (Up to max of 30 bucks) off your next warranty purchase. I think when you buy via Amazon you have 90 days to sign up. I think the 30 days is only for eBay purchases.
You can also look them up on Retailmenot.com and see what coupon codes they have.

One word of caution though. Squaretrade does NOT offer accident coverage on ANY Ebay purchases any longer.
History: Some Casio B.O.S.S. things -> Palm Professional -> Visor Prism -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro -> HTC Touch Pro 2 -> HTC HD2 -> MyTouch 4G Slide (HTC Doubleshot).
Present: Google Nexus 10, ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T, HTC One (M7), HTC Sensation 4G & G-Slate (LG Optimus Pad).
============================
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)

Darnell_Chat_TN
Old
Thanks Meter 335
NegriCare has a $135 deductible.
So the best move, is buying from a retailer other than Ebay and getting a Squaretrade plan with accident coverage.
History: Some Casio B.O.S.S. things -> Palm Professional -> Visor Prism -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro -> HTC Touch Pro 2 -> HTC HD2 -> MyTouch 4G Slide (HTC Doubleshot).
Present: Google Nexus 10, ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T, HTC One (M7), HTC Sensation 4G & G-Slate (LG Optimus Pad).
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)

Got_Nukes
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sent email last night asking for coupon. Had a coupon this morning, and now have a warranty. Now I need to get a warranty for my new HTC DINC 4G.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

ImYoungxD
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I tried getting a 30% coupon code but they sent me a 10% code...

"Our coupon codes are being sent out by the marketing team for existing customers every Tuesday of each week and are manually selected by the system. However as a 1 time exemption, i will be giving you a 10% code that you can use for your purchase. But we will need some additional information about your item. "

sadface

jtrosky
Old
Thanks Meter 963
Download an app called "RetailMeNot" from teh Play store - it will give you at least a 20% coupon for SquareTrade (I just checked it)....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to jtrosky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darnell_Chat_TN
Old
Thanks Meter 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Download an app called "RetailMeNot" from teh Play store - it will give you at least a 20% coupon for SquareTrade (I just checked it)....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
Good find, and that code only shows in their app, not their web site .

scitech09
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Cool. It's good to know that you have 90 days to get the insurance.

ImYoungxD
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Anyone know if my coupon is valid again after canceling a warranty that used the same coupon code!

KaliS-Pugilist
Old
Thanks Meter 40
i can confirm that you can buy squaretrade warranty after 30-days, even if you purchased from amazon.com. i was about 35 or so days out and called them, they said i have up to 90-days...unless i purchased from ebay. so i got the 3-year ADH (think i should have gone with the 2 year) but hey, it's a good buy either way. i think amazon.com has a really good price on squaretrade, the only better offers i saw was from costco.

word to the wise, get squaretrade because with asus, they consider drops as customer induced damage and automatically void your warranty with them. so if you have an asus, you almost gotta get squartrade to protect your investment. bestbuy has ADH too and their's isn't as cheap but may be more convenient since you would be right there to get it and i believe you have 30-days or maybe less to get it from them.

ImYoungxD
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliS-Pugilist View Post
i can confirm that you can buy squaretrade warranty after 30-days, even if you purchased from amazon.com. i was about 35 or so days out and called them, they said i have up to 90-days...unless i purchased from ebay. so i got the 3-year ADH (think i should have gone with the 2 year) but hey, it's a good buy either way. i think amazon.com has a really good price on squaretrade, the only better offers i saw was from costco.

word to the wise, get squaretrade because with asus, they consider drops as customer induced damage and automatically void your warranty with them. so if you have an asus, you almost gotta get squartrade to protect your investment. bestbuy has ADH too and their's isn't as cheap but may be more convenient since you would be right there to get it and i believe you have 30-days or maybe less to get it from them.
Did you buy your infinity from amazon? CS from squaretrade told me amazon squaretrade warranties only cover items purchased from amazon... is this true?