Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone nor yourself, regardless of what you do with this mod
Some of you might be wondering what the splash screen is. It is the screen that you see when you turn on your phone before the boot animation starts.
Here is what ours looks like:
Here is a link for the full size if you want it for a base http://imgur.com/pb42N
Things you will need:
- nbimg for windows here http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=405118 Other people, here https://github.com/poliva/nbimg/tags
- android-info.txt for this device. it is attached below YOU MUST USE THIS ONE!
- and an image editor (ie photoshop or gimp)
1. Make a folder, call it what ever you want, and put the downloaded nbimg.exe in there.
2. Download the android-info.txt and place it on the folder you just made.
3. Now open up your image editor of choice. Mine is photoshop.
4. Create a new image that is 540 X 960 and put what ever image, design, etc. you want on it. I used the G1 Autobots logo
5. Now save that as "splash1.bmp" and make sure it is in 24-bit format. Place that in the folder you made earlier.
6. Inside that folder, hold shift and right click and click "open command window here". A command window should appear.
7. Now type "nbimg -F splash1.bmp -w 540 -h 960" you should have a "splash1.nb" file in your folder now.
8. Rename "splash1.nb" to "splash1.img"
9. Put the splash1.img and android-info.txt in a .zip named "PH39IMG.zip"
10. Put that on the root of your sd card and boot into your bootloader and follow the instructions after it loads the PH39IMG.zip
Here is the splash I created
Remember, higher resolution images will make for better quality splash screens.
For those wanting to go back to stock, here it is http://d-h.st/8Ih
Credits to pof for the nbimg